User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2004, 06:08   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
I love my new broadband connection

3.6 megabits per second

Communications: 3.6 megabits per second
Storage: 442.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download: 2.3 seconds
Subjective rating: Awesome

(used http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ to test)
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 07:48   #2
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I love my new broadband connection

**** you
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 08:39   #3
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I'm told my test wont be accurate cause I'm in the UK

Apparently mine is faster than the average ADSL user in the UK, so I guess thats good.

(Edit) According to a UK one I googled for, my connection is currently being over twice as fast as we paid for it to be. I'm not inclined to trust that either.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 09:22   #4
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Viruses - 20 per second
Hacks - 12 per week
Money Spent on shit-hot antivirus and firewall - £100+
Subscription to above - £16 per week.

Feel better, Idler?
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 09:49   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

803.4 kilobits per second

Communications 803.4 kilobits per second
Storage 98.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 10.4 seconds
Subjective rating Good
Weeeh. Should be 1Mbit though Think I'll pay only 80% of the bill
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 10:13   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Apparently (I can't be arsed checking) our office connection is a mere 500kbps. Which is not that great considering it's shared among about 30 office staff.

I think I'm the only one who uses the internet though cos it's never slow.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 10:49   #7
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

10 Mb here, but it will be multiplied by 10 by the end of the year :-)
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 11:00   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speed
726.8 kilobits per second

Communications 726.8 kilobits per second
Storage 88.7 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 11.5 seconds
Subjective rating Good

this is work, i shall test at home his evening, although i suspect we should be faster, which will make me laugh
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 12:59   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speed
3.2 megabits per second

Communications 3.2 megabits per second
Storage 389.3 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.6 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 14:00   #10
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Speed

350.3 kilobits per second
Communications 350.3 kilobits per second
Storage 42.8 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 23.9 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad

ah but i'm runing a ftp server atm,

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 14:42   #11
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

1 megabits per second

Communications 1 megabits per second
Storage 126 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 8.1 seconds
Subjective rating Good

and it is ADSL, you suckas

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 15:18   #12
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Your ip adress xx.xxx.xxx.xxx downloaded 61441 Bytes
in 0.7030000000000001 secs.
downloadspeed 10941 kbit/s.

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 15:36   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Speed
921 kilobits per second

Communications 921 kilobits per second
Storage 112.4 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 9.1 seconds
Subjective rating Good
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 15:39   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Speed
413.9 kilobits per second

Communications 413.9 kilobits per second
Storage 50.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 20.3 seconds

S'up
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 16:25   #15
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

5.6 megabits per second

Communications 5.6 megabits per second
Storage 685.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 1.5 seconds
Subjective rating Awesomer
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 16:33   #16
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Skragg
Viruses - 20 per second
Hacks - 12 per week
Money Spent on shit-hot antivirus and firewall - £100+
Subscription to above - £16 per week.

Feel better, Idler?
Jeolusy?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 21:16   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.toast.net/performance/res...loadtime=0.657

thats quite funny heh
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 21:56   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

12 inches
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2004, 22:17   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

315.2 kilobits per second

Communications 315.2 kilobits per second
Storage 38.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 26.6 seconds

over a network tho and bet housem8 is pwnin kazaa
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 07:41   #20
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Speed

107.7 kilobits per second
Communications 107.7 kilobits per second
Storage 13.2 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 1.3 minutes
Subjective rating Mediocre

he he

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 21:30   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

JJ, holy shit! what connection you using?
andfrom the same test:
http://www.toast.net/performance/res...loadtime=3.144
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 22:17   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

All University buildings on the three campus sites within Aberystwyth are connected to the network, increasingly at 100Mb/s or Gigabit speeds. Within buildings, offices, laboratories, lecture theatres, public workstation rooms, bedrooms in residential halls, and conference areas are all to some extent connected. In all, over 2,200 network sockets are available, increasingly at 100Mb/s to the desk position.
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 22:19   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought for a second there you were talking about gigabaud connections to the rooms, which would be pretty ****ing idiotic.

That aside, you could have just said 'JANET'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 22:20   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

shame half the ports are closed :/
Unread 18 Feb 2004, 22:21   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
shame half the ports are closed :/
GIven that it costs about 1/4 the cost of a 1Mb adsl line, and is 10 or a 100 times faster, I don't think you're in a great position to complain.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 15:45   #26
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Your line speed:

1286.3 Kbps

157.6 K bytes/sec

i just wish i could actually get that kinda speed downloading things. i get 10k/sec if im lucky, sucky internet setup.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote