User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2003, 07:06   #1
Planes_Walker

Planes_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Alliance Banners

I dont know about you, but back in the older rounds of PA, didnt u like to see different galaxies with there allaince banner on it. Like the legion banners from r7 or the virus banners. I cant see any alliance banners at all this round, and i think only LDK had banners in 9.5 and before that i didnt see any in r9, altho that could just be me . But also maybe since its random there isnt a full alliance galaxy, the legion banners from r6 or 7 had all the alliances in that galaxy in the banner. It was just kool to see them with different designes and to also see what alliance had the really kool ones. Imo i think Legion had and will always have the greatest galaxy banners.

What do you think?

ps. this site has tons of alliance gal banners from previous rounds
http://gladiator.donttrustanyone.org...s.php?cat_id=1

Come on HCs, get a talented picture making? guy (i have no clue about any of the programs you need) from your alliance and lets see what who can make the best ones

Last edited by Planes_Walker; 13 Oct 2003 at 07:59.
Planes_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 07:47   #2
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance Banners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planes_Walker
I dont know about you, but back in the older rounds of PA, didnt u like to see different galaxies with there allaince banner on it. Like the legion banners from r7 or the virus banners. I cant see any alliance banners at all this round, and i think only LDK had banners in 9.5 and before that i didnt see any in r9, altho that could just be me . But also maybe since its random there isnt a full alliance galaxy, the legion banners from r6 or 7 had all the alliances in that galaxy in the banner. It was just kool to see them with different designes and to also see what alliance had the really kool ones. Imo i think Legion had and will always have the greatest galaxy banners.

What do you think?

ps. this site has tons of alliance gal banners from previous rounds
http://gladiator.donttrustanyone.org...s.php?cat_id=1

Come one HCs, get a talented picture making? guy (i have no clue about any of the programs you need) from your alliance and lets see what who can make the best ones
What do I think?

I think this topic has been rehased over and over.

I'll explain why Eclipse didnt have banners for r9.

We didnt really see it as something very important. To be honest we didnt fancy doing anything standardized or providing a facility to get galaxy banners done. We did it the Fury way, the "we dont care". the "we'll provide you a logo, and you can use it as you deem fit."

Why did Fury do this? I believe its because Sid never really cared for the banners. My hazardous guess would be that Sid didnt believe an alliance needed good banners to be good.

All in all I regret Fury not having great banners, and in some respects I also regret Eclipse not having great banners for r9.

Legion had the best banners, of that there is no doubt. All other alliances had people at some point do good banners for them also. The Tubaman, hirr lemming banners, the Fury phoenix/dragon, Titans etc all had good banners but for standardization - nothing beats Legion.

I think Legion may have had a neasier time with the Roman look

As to your request, sorry but Im still too lazy to get Eclipse to standardnize.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 08:11   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

And of course random rounds contribute to the lack of banners. If you got 2 eclipse guys in a gal who want a eclipse banner as galbanner it's very wall possbiel the other 8 don't like it, and ask their GC to get rid of it (or vote another GC if it's an EET guy (or girl)).

Personally I always admired the Legion banners, in those days we had only two guys who could make good banners, but lacking universe domination we never advertised our coords with banners
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 13 Oct 2003 at 12:16. Reason: added possibility of female GC :S
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 08:39   #4
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

I never liked the Legion banners, neither from an aesthetic nor an implicative point of view. I always found them to be pompous, and the underlying statements were - from a historical point of view - not very inviting, to put it gently.

Xeno
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 10:41   #5
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

In former rounds I was often "impressed" by the banners around, especially when the "tagging up" happened. It's a more intense gaming-athmosphere if at least the top-gals got some banners worth looking at.

Which this round is clearly NOT the case. When looking at the top10 this tick (PT 718) I found one banner that has a bit of style. The rest is complete boring crap.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 11:15   #6
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
(or vote another GC if it's an EET guy).
Be careful old friend ;-) you might get missqouted by putting those 3 letters together.

afterall someone might take that as an acknowlegement of the existence of the block, which doesnt exist right?
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 12:20   #7
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Be careful old friend ;-) you might get missqouted by putting those 3 letters together.

afterall someone might take that as an acknowlegement of the existence of the block, which doesnt exist right?
Ofc it doesn't excist what else do you think
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 14:33   #8
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
And of course random rounds contribute to the lack of banners. If you got 2 eclipse guys in a gal who want a eclipse banner as galbanner it's very wall possbiel the other 8 don't like it, and ask their GC to get rid of it (or vote another GC if it's an EET guy (or girl)).

Personally I always admired the Legion banners, in those days we had only two guys who could make good banners, but lacking universe domination we never advertised our coords with banners
I would love to see the great banners from the past, but I agree here, the randomness of the uni puts a hamper to that for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 14:56   #9
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

Image added: Vanx banner 1 (38.jpg)
Image added: Peons on patrol (Bannergal1.gif)
Image added: R8 banner (R8_banner_1.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner (R8_banner_2.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner 3 (R8_banner_3.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner 4 (R8_banner_4.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner 4 (R8_banner_5.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner 4 (R8_banner_6.jpg)
Image added: R8 banner 4 (R8_banner_7.jpg)
Image added: Tarsus1 (Tarsus1.jpg)

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 15:01   #10
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

i would actualy like some more banners from the alliances not "well represented" on the page:

Code:
DTA (2)  
Legion (203)  
Xanadu (4)  
Mercury & Sollace (8)  
Fury (45)  
Titans (34)  
hirr (45)  
LDK (26)  
Virus (76)
NoS (16)  
Seraphim (8)  
TFD (4)  
Plushtoys (30)  
Ouzo (12)  
Kamikaze (6)
[BAKA] (29)  
Assorted galaxypictures (4)
Planetarion wont be around mutch longer, so a nice collection for sentimental reasons would be nice

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 15:27   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
I never liked the Legion banners, neither from an aesthetic nor an implicative point of view. I always found them to be pompous, and the underlying statements were - from a historical point of view - not very inviting, to put it gently.
Who says it wasnt the point to have them a bit of "pompous" ?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:45   #12
Planes_Walker

Planes_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point

Even in random rounds the banner could have all the alliance in that gal represented on it, just like sum of the old legion banners.
Round 6 : 11:13:15 [WP]
Round 7 : 9:24:9 [WP]
Round 8 : 33:7:1 [WP]
Round 9 : 29:10:9 [WP] / [Eclipse]
Round 9.5 : 21:1:22 [Eclipse]
Round 10 : X:X:X [Eclipse]
Planes_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 20:23   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden

No no no no.
He meant to type "LEET", not "EET".
You don't want a l33t GC, after all.
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 20:30   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

and Kain_Rowd's stardust banner(s) rocks.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 10:43   #15
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Who says it wasnt the point to have them a bit of "pompous" ?
Of course it was. But would you for instance wave "Old Glory" today and use it as your galaxy banner? I didn't think so.

Yet the parallels are striking. One would have to know just a little bit of history in order to spot this, of course ---

Xeno
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 12:21   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
Of course it was. But would you for instance wave "Old Glory" today and use it as your galaxy banner? I didn't think so.
Once Legion, Always Legion I guess