User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 25 Jun 2005, 17:57   #1
JoshuaTampaBay
aka PanaX

JoshuaTampaBay will become famous soon enoughJoshuaTampaBay will become famous soon enough
Audio Recording -- Line-in to MP3

Im just a newbe to planetarion, but I need some help finding the best, FREE audio recording
program. I moonlight bar-tending @ a nightclub in Tampa, and Im tring to record the DJs spinning live on my laptop so that I can make a promo cd for the club and some xtra $$$.
I have tried a few programs but since the LINE-OUT from the DJ booth is so amp'ed All I am
recording is loud noise. I am looking for something that has the best (most), audio level
meter(s) so that i can visualy control the recording levels. Also I would like record directly to
mp3 so that I can easily split the 5+ hour track up later. Thanks guys. Josh
JoshuaTampaBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2005, 18:05   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Audio Recording -- Line-in to MP3

All I know is: don't plug a guitar amp into your microphone socket.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 00:29   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
All I know is: don't plug a guitar amp into your microphone socket.
Nope, plug the guitar itself straight in there.

Works for me, but then again I have the Audigy Platinum drive in my PC so I've got the required inputs...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 13:51   #4
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Audio Recording -- Line-in to MP3

I've used "SilentBob" before, simple Wave-Recording. Not what you want though...

Did you know Winamp has got "linein://" or something? Type it for "Open URL". Or "mic://". FAQs or Help will help.

Then somehow use input and output plugins for Winamp?

Hm, sorry, no great help. But this is probably another task for google....
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 18:26   #5
Beermonster

Beermonster will become famous soon enoughBeermonster will become famous soon enough

I use Nero 5.5 sound recorder for recording through line in

use the sound settings in whatever version of windows to adjust the volume so u can amp it down

but i like the preset tools with nero that allow u to kill background hiss or adjust the volume

I find it excelent for recording Vinel or Tape and turning it to mp3 or CD
Beermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 13:47   #6
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Audacity? http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 22:04   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt