User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2005, 14:52   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Question linux-question (once again)

ok, this is my problem:
im working on some web-shop with php/mysql. so far all works fine. now i want to generate dynamic pdf-files with some kind of data-sheets for each products. for that use use apache FOP. even that works fine. i've got the stylesheets and stuff. i use some pretty long exec-command to build it and it takes age because i need to write the xml-data to file on the file system first, but nm, it works, at least on the shell.
my only problem is that i somehow need to set $JAVA_HOME for the user www-data. how do i do that? i put
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/local/lib/jdk"
export JDK_HOME="${JAVA_HOME}"
export PATH="${JAVA_HOME}/bin:${PATH}"
in /etc/profile, but that does not seem to make any difference
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 17:16   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: linux-question (once again)

/etc/profile is run for users that log in. There's no way to control the environment of a user as such; use the apache configuration. How are you using FOP, more specifically?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 18:14   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

the line is
'exec('/mnt/data/fop-0.20.5/fop.sh -q -xml ' . $path . $filename . '.xml -xsl ' . $stylesheetfile . ' -pdf ' . $path . $filename . '.pdf', $out);' in a php-file
print_r($out) told me that java_home isn't set
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 18:58   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Can you not exec() the export lines as well?
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 19:03   #5
wu_trax

apparently its a new eviroment every time you use exec. i tried but it doesnt seem to make any difference. i guess ill just ignore it while im at home. at work it works, because im not the guy who handles all that server stuff .
at least i somehow managed to get a mail-server running, so that i can do at least some testing of the stuff im doing here.

edit: found it now \o/. i set it in /etc/init.d/apache

Last edited by wu_trax; 4 Mar 2005 at 20:52.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 21:58   #6
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: linux-question (once again)

Linux seems damn complicated :-/
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 23:53   #7
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Linux seems damn complicated :-/
once you know things its probably really great, the only problem is i dont