User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2004, 01:04   #1
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts
Hijack this Help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 7:51:58 PM, on 9/3/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Paragon CD-ROM Emulator\tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.0002.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Profiler\lwemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\SmartUI\SmartUI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates1.exe
C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates0.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\hjtlog.exe
c:\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebRebates0] "C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates\WebRebates0.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-aware.exe" +c
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.0002.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"

)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)

That is the bit i get back after i run hijack this.

But let me tell you what the problem is... so Maybe someone can possibly help.

I have Ad-aware, McAffee online anti-virus, and SpyBot search and destroy.

I have been running/scanning/running again and again for the past week, and even tried to run ad-aware in SAFE MODE to try to get rid of this horrible spyware (WebRebatesO.exe) ect.

I have Windows XP, and use Firefox (but still have IE on my computer) (any help with uninstalling that too would be helpfull).

I try to keep windows XP updated, but im not sure whether im completley up to date with everything.

The biggest problem is that from time to time, either the start bar (at the bottom) freezes (nothing happens when i click on it) and my firefox windows continute to work fine, (as long as i dont switch from 1 window to another) or the start bar works, and the firefox windows dont work, and when i switch from one browser window to another on rare occasion that freezes.

I have a p4 computer with 512 ram.. Dell Inspiron if that helps..

anyhelp would be VERY VERY appreciated.

EDIT: After i try closing the WEBREBATES they open themselves up again instantly.

and from time to time, windows resets itsself

Sounds like some sort of virus.. but Mcaffe smiles :-(

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 01:34   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Hijack this Help.

Different things to try:
  • Try to end the processes WebRebates0.exe and 1.exe. Be QUICK, if they restart each other.
    Do try to kill them using Windows Task Manager. Press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [ESC], switch to processes, end remove them.
    Then try to delete the folder C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates.

• Make sure Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and McAffee are up2date. As well as your Windows. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, choose the "advanced / expert configuration", not "express". Download and install critical updates (but not SP2 if you don't know what you're doing).

• Try to disable automatic system restore. Press [WIN-Key] + [PAUSE], go to tab System Restore, and enable "Deactive for all drives". Then do the scanning with all your programs. Restart. Repeat maybe. If successful, don't forget to re-enable (i.e. turn off) that option again.

• Restart, boot to safe mode (keep hitting F8 right after turning on your pc, after a menu appears). Try deleting C:\Program Files\Web_Rebates.

• Report back.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 01:53   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hijack this Help.

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

get that
search after you update it.

click on whatever it finds (its instant) and then follow the instructions on how to remove.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 01:56   #4
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

thank you all, and i will try that to night. :-)

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 11:49   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

see, on win 98 now you coulda put something in the autoexec.bat to erase them and then rebooted to remove it
dunno / doubt if you can on winxp
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 13:28   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can get to my favourite place instead on WinXP, the Recovery Console: it boots the system without loading the GUI section of windows, or any drivers, processes or services beyond what is necessary to give you a good old fasioned 80x25 dos-a-like screen in text mode.

As to killing those processes, if they restart each other you can try making a batch file and using taskkill.
eg:

taskkill /im 1.exe
taskkill /im WebRebates0.exe

By doing the commands in the batch file they should be executed in sequence one directly after the other, BEFORE one process has the chance to restart the other.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:39   #7
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Hijack this Help.

K, quick question (want a shorter answer then looking in MSDN pls): How to get to the recovery console?

BTW, very nice that taskkill command!!!
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:50   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

reboot from the xp cd, its one of the options
theres a key you hold down too from hd but i cannot for the life of me remember it
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 17:53   #9
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want it permanently available you have to install it.
Put your XP cd in the drive, then (assuming your CD drive is D):

D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

When you reboot the computer it displays a menu asking if it should start XP, or drop you to the console.