User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Oct 2006, 13:05   #1
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I personally think we should send them into space

Comedy: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6072454.stm Ever wanted to experience the sea-life? Then commit a crime!

One could argue the fact "[t]he jail population has reached 79,714 - 65 below the all-time high of two weeks ago" means society's failing a large part of its population. But in the short term there's more of a logistical problem: If we've not enough space for all our criminals, we need to think about their locale. As the government seem to be clutching at straws already, I thought we could throw some ideas of our own into the fore.
  • As Europe's population is decreasing we could use them as legal tender: (to France) I'll trade you one nuclear launching mechanism for 2,000 chavs from portsmouth.
  • Send them into space to help build Britain's first space-station: H.M.S.S atonement.

Any other ideas to add to the aforementioned and the government's "floating prisoners" idea?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 13:29   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: I personally think we should send them into space

The nice thing to know is that a society gets the criminals it deserves. (Im not talking psychopats, I'm talking criminals)

Maybe the goverment shold focus on removal of the social problems that cause crime instead of using a band aid to cover up a gunshot wound?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 16:28   #3
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

I'd have to go for some kind of unreal style battle to the death using inflatable fruit.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 18:12   #4
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Yes, let's waste even more tax money sending criminals into space, there's a grand idea.

If science fiction shows have taught us anything, the best thing to do is build a huge cavern underground and the only access is for people to be dropped down, and food to be dropped down; and not get some fancy 3 meals a day with different variety, but once a day sludge full of vitamins and nutrients that's cheap and taste like dirt.
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 19:28   #5
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I prefer alternative punishing such as forcing prisoners to sit and listen to Barry Manilow music for hours on end.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 19:30   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would guess that at least 25% should be freed with an apology and another 5% could be shot, so there's the prison population reduced by a third straight away.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2006, 19:36   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's the point of these boats? Even as a short-term measure itcan't be effective as turning a boat into a prison is going to take a fair while I would imagine.

Even if it did work this seems to be like a massive step in the wrong direction.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 01:53   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I prefer alternative punishing such as forcing prisoners to sit and listen to Barry Manilow music for hours on end.
Even prisoners have human rights Travler :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 04:03   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Surely you Poms should have learnt from history already; sending your prisionors to Australia only resulted in a country far better than "the homeland" .

You wouldnt want that to happen twice, right?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 17:06   #10
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just like to point out that the "prison boats" or prison hulks as I like to call them and as they used to be called is not a new idea. Back in the 18th and early 19th centuary the English (and other countrys includeing Spain and probably France) used to use prison hulks to keep their prisoners of war of war in. These prison hulks were basiclly old battle ships that had managed to limp back to harbor then it was decided they were beond repair. These prison hulks were acording to sources very horriable places. So all the government has done is had a look at the history books and preposed and old previously scrapped idea.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 18:53   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando
I would just like to point out that the "prison boats" or prison hulks as I like to call them and as they used to be called is not a new idea. Back in the 18th and early 19th centuary the English (and other countrys includeing Spain and probably France) used to use prison hulks to keep their prisoners of war of war in. These prison hulks were basiclly old battle ships that had managed to limp back to harbor then it was decided they were beond repair. These prison hulks were acording to sources very horriable places. So all the government has done is had a look at the history books and preposed and old previously scrapped idea.
they still had one of these ships until last year.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 06:24   #12
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
they still had one of these ships until last year.
I did not know they had been used that recently.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 08:02   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: I personally think we should send them into space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando
I would just like to point out that the "prison boats" or prison hulks as I like to call them and as they used to be called is not a new idea. Back in the 18th and early 19th centuary the English (and other countrys includeing Spain and probably France) used to use prison hulks to keep their prisoners of war of war in. These prison hulks were basiclly old battle ships that had managed to limp back to harbor then it was decided they were beond repair. These prison hulks were acording to sources very horriable places.
The prisons on land during that era weren't very nice places either. Conditions on prison hulks were often better.

The first English prison hulks were temporary holding prisons for convicts awaiting transportation to America. After American independence in 1776, the prison hulks became more-or-less permanent prisons and their numbers expanded as there was no place to send convicts. Transportation of convicts (to Australia) resumed in 1787.

Prison hulks were used during wartime because battles generated large influxes of prisoners and there was no other readily available space to put them. As a seafaring nation, England always had plenty of old hulls that could be quickly--and cheaply--converted into prison space.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 13:49   #14
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

We had the solution to this problem in 1987

Let's start running! - Damon Killian
________
Child paxil

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:11.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote