User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Oct 2014, 18:49   #1
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Just another future of pa thread..

So I finally feel like sharing some of my ideas regarding how Id like to see PA in the future, basicly its revolving around the idea of having more research options so you have to decide what you wanna research and what you gonna skip rather than now where its more of a what do I do first as you're getting it all finished anyway unless you get big amounts of roids.
This is achieved with new research paths, racial research paths, and added levels to some of the existing paths.

Some of theese changes will be hard to code, and finding a great balance will be hard without playing a few rounds. But I believe if pa team takes the time to code in this it will atleast increase my fun with the game and hopefully some others of you out there aswell.

I believe the best way to try this out would be in a winter round(or hey if the changes are to extreme for ordinary rounds use it as a winter round game to get some more variation than Beetle = Snowball)
It could also be an idea to add it into the game in steps if it takes too much time to code.

Noone is gonna agree with everything here, so stuff like please put corp at 24% mining instead of 25% comments is not needed. Though feel free to pm stuff like that on IRC.
Theese changes are pretty major so the questions I'm most interested in is.(And probably PA team aswell)

A: Do you like the idea of more research options? (Not necessarily like my suggestion)

B: Would you like this suggestion in some form instead of how PA currently is.

C: Would you like to see this suggestion in some form as a Winter/Summer Round.

Check the suggestion out at
http://plaguuutarion.wordpress.com/
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2014, 18:58   #2
MYTH
Apollo

MYTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just another future of pa thread..

I'd like to see these types of changes happen. It would make individual play and alliance strategy more interesting, and hopefully allow different styles of player to play to their strengths better.
R57-68 P3nguins
MYTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2014, 19:10   #3
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

old PA had research tech tree's, its just good game design by limiting the choices at the beginning of the game where the player is new and slowly expanding those choices as they learn the game (ITS WHERE RACE SELECTION SHOULD BE).

PA team took it out to make the game easier but by doing so, they made the game much harder. Now, they refuse to put it back.

o and PA team will not take the time to code something which takes more than 5minutes and only use it in a winter round. Even if whatever they code fails hard, it'll be in the game.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2014, 20:08   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

What's the point, any different type of gameplay gets changed to make it no longer viable,
along as the vocal minority have the game the way they want it's pointless suggesting change

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2014, 15:26   #5
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

The point is to give them a good alternative with support behind it, so they realize they should do something

And I don't think there is a vocal minority that has the game they want it, and if there is Ill change their mind.
Unread 22 Oct 2014, 16:00   #6
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

I like it, and i don't think there is any reason to make it "easier" for new players. This game needs more strategical game play, instead of everyone doing the same just in different order.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2014, 12:36   #7
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about

I think this is a great idea. Change will help mix things up.
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2014, 15:00   #8
Plaguuu

Added a new function, the Universe scanner to help out players who doesn't have access to a alliance scanner, so they have some options getting scans without going for the scan research which would put them miles behind everyone with a scanner available. Check it out -> http://plaguuutarion.wordpress.com/universe-scanner/
Unread 3 Nov 2014, 17:59   #9
wades209
Carew

wades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura aboutwades209 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Added a new function, the Universe scanner to help out players who doesn't have access to a alliance scanner, so they have some options getting scans without going for the scan research which would put them miles behind everyone with a scanner available. Check it out -> http://plaguuutarion.wordpress.com/universe-scanner/
This is a brilliant Idea. would help players who are able to put full time into join allys. etc.
wades209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2014, 22:10   #10
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Would also be nice if the cost of scan was doubled and some of that cost went to the scanner as an incentive
Unread 3 Nov 2014, 22:44   #11
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Did you actually read his blogpost? It's a game-automated scanner.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2014, 22:49   #12
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i was making a counter suggestion
Unread 4 Nov 2014, 00:37   #13
Plaguuu

Would be possible if the scanner never got more than the scan costs to do at his amp level, but I like it better the way I suggested so you know how many amps you get when you buy a scan and possibly add a little incentive to have more dist than the universe scanner can scan

Also think the scan cost I suggested is plenty high enough
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 07:31   #14
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i support a lot of the stuff plaguuu suggests

however i´d add a scan-marketplace where players with scans can see requests and offer a price for which they would do it
the universal scanner (automatic) should be very expensive so that scanners could sell their scans with enough profit and yet be cheaper then the universal scanner.

e.g. Player A offers 5k each ressource for an AU of 1:1:5
Player B is able to Scan and decides to do the scan for the offered 5k each
then after succesful scan the trade happens
alternatively Player B offers to do it for 7k each (counter offer) and Player A is yet to decide if he wants to pay
If yes, Player B gets notified and can do the scan -> Trade happens

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 09:21   #15
Plaguuu

Im afraid its highly abusable, and it also takes value from dist since there would be mass amp scanners selling to everyone