User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jun 2006, 16:20   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
More Golden Roids

I'd like to put more golden roids into the universe... It's nice but one construction roid on a very very big planet that always gets def isn't really exciting.. which is why I'd suggest:

5x production roid
5x construction roid
3x research roid - researchers work 5% faster
2x research roid - researchers work 10% faster
3x Metal income increases by 10%
3x Crystal income increases by 10%
3x Eonium income increases by 10%
2x Increases the mining of all resources by 5%
5x Alertness roid - increase alertness by 10
5x Stealth roid - increase stealth by 10, possibly above 100
5x Engineering roid possibly - third priority counts as if it were second

I chose 10% at the roids because 5% is very often not profitable for planets having them. They will get that extra 1/20th resources BUT they will also get twice or more times as much incoming, and thus lose income by owning a roid that gets you more income.

To prevent this from abuse and one alliance or planet owning all the roids, every planet can hold a max of 2 roids. Every 500 ticks the roids will be reset to a random location in top 50-100 gals and people will have to guard or loose them. The three planets that have held a special roid for the longest total time get a credit at the end of the round.

And perhaps - as someone else suggested, show on gal page someone has a golden roid to attract attention to it.

Last but not least - please don't react with "no" only or something like that... it are just ideas and all the numbers are something I thought of which means they might not be the most balanced ones.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 02:51   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: More Golden Roids

That engineering priority one is a good idea, i like
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 09:28   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have never really been sure on the whole golden roid issue as there never seems to be a middle ground for them. Either they land in the possesion of a top player and become almost untouchable for the masses or they land at a smaller planet whom everyone decideds is an easy target and they suddenly get mass incoming.

If golden roids are going to be in the universe i'd actually perfer a much more covert system where people have no idea where the golden roids are and you wouldnt do until you steal it.

Basically my system would work that at any time theres a certain number of potential golden roids in the universe. Which roids were 'potentials' no-one would know as they wouldnt be activated until they were stolen. Upon stealing a 'potential' roid it would be activiated and you would receive a message detailing the fact you have this roid and what the roid gave you. The roid would continue to give you that increase until you lost it when it would lose its power and another 'potential' roid would be activated somewhere in the universe.

If you want to ensure that more people get the chance of having one and that one person doesnt hog them for the whole round then you could even have the powers be time limited, say for 168 ticks (1 week) upon which time they would become a normal roid and a new 'potential' activated

Now not only would this then mean that theres going to be more chance of each person havinga golden roid at some point (especially if we have more golden roids types and multiple amounts of each like you suggest, although maybe it should be greater than the 40 odd you suggest as in a situation where top10 alliances hold 30k roids each that makes them pretty rare still) but it also becomes a thing that small players will want and wont regret getting like they do now.

And we can still have a golden roid ranking to win some credits. I would suggest something a points system something like

5 Points for each golden roid you ontain
1 point for every tick you hold the roid

The person with the most points at the end win the credit(s)

Such a system might also encourage more attacking and also attacking of better targets (as the chances of gettinga golden roid would be alot higher froma 400 roid planet than a 100 roid one)

We could even take it further and introduce black roids that would have a negative effect in the way golden roids have a positive effect. Although these would need to be rarer
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 11:44   #4
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

the problem with a black roid is that people would ask people to attack them to lose it! Therefore farming!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 11:52   #5
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I second the idea of not showing the location of the golden roids. This way you won't get any incomings purely because some people want that specific golden roid. Having more golden roids in the game is also a good idea if the location is not shown to all.
Unread 16 Jun 2006, 12:03   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Zaius
the problem with a black roid is that people would ask people to attack them to lose it! Therefore farming!
Perhaps although at the same time anyone attacking to try and get the black roid would be taking real roids and maybe even golden roids. And with no guarentee that they would get the black roid it may not actually be worth it so it would just have to be a problem youd have to deal with and put up with for the period of time
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 16:13   #7
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

I don't really like black roids.. it'll probably lead to complaints and people will be happier without them. Golden roids however (should) make people happy

The hidden location of golden roids is a good idea. However, getting the roids would be totally random = luck and I don't think that should be awarded with credits. To make both golden roids and cov ops worth more, perhaps there could be a cov op that will tell you how many golden roids a gal has?

A little bit of extra diversity couldn't hurt this game imo
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 09:43   #8
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
The hidden location of golden roids is a good idea. However, getting the roids would be totally random = luck and I don't think that should be awarded with credits. To make both golden roids and cov ops worth more, perhaps there could be a cov op that will tell you how many golden roids a gal has?

A little bit of extra diversity couldn't hurt this game imo
I'm not sure you could say its totally down to luck as gaining these roids would require the skill of regularry choosing good targets and landing the attacks. Planets with alot of roids are more likly to have have potential golden roids simply as they have more roids so if you hit a planet than gives you 200 roids your stand a greater chance than one that gives you 20 roids. You could also go a step further and tie XP into it so the chances of getting one of the potential golden roids a planet has would increase the higher the bravery factor was
The Farnborough Crew