User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Aug 2005, 18:35   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Under Protection...........

Yesterday I came home from a holiday and made a new PA account. Today I'm quite bored because there's nothing you can do yet except for making roids and building a couple of ships... You cannot even join an alliance. So a suggestion: perhaps disabling this mode could make things a bit more interesting for players joining the round. People who are big already couldn't attack them anyway, because of their low value. Even if they could, they are so small that attacking has barely any use. Other people who have just started can attack them. So it is up to the player being attacked to defend him/herself. And that's what this game's about, is it not?
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:02   #2
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Under Protection...........

I dont think this idea is very good.

As players who are just joining need to initiate lots of roids to get started often initiating more than some of the lower players who have been playing from the beggining have. This automatically makes them good targets. With the protection mode it gives them some time to build up a fleet as well as their roids to give them something of a fighting chance. Which they woudnt have other wise as they would have their roids taken from them as soon as they initiated leaving them no chance to build a fleet and get into the game.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:54   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Yes Squishy. You don't need to come out of protection that early anyway, what with all the initiating and researching you need to do.

Or perhaps an option to come out early if you so wish. With a big fat red warning sign saying you can be attacked once out of protection obviously.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 21:20   #4
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

that was my first thought

though experienced players may notice that stealing roids works better than initiating them
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 21:23   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Experienced players will notice that initiating up to 200 roids is the way to go
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 21:40   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
Yesterday I came home from a holiday and made a new PA account. Today I'm quite bored because there's nothing you can do yet except for making roids and building a couple of ships... You cannot even join an alliance. So a suggestion: perhaps disabling this mode could make things a bit more interesting for players joining the round. People who are big already couldn't attack them anyway, because of their low value. Even if they could, they are so small that attacking has barely any use. Other people who have just started can attack them. So it is up to the player being attacked to defend him/herself. And that's what this game's about, is it not?
why can't you join an alliance?...

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 22:26   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
why can't you join an alliance?...
If this is who I think it is its not so much that he cant join an alliance but just that I havent got round to sorting out a few details with him. Was busy with some other stuff when he turned up and becuase hes still in protection I said I was busy but with him still being in protection and him being an old member who knew what he was doing there wasnt a rush and either another HC would sort it when they came on or I would sort it next time I see him. Probally a good thing for us tbh as we need to trim a few people whom arent showing any willingness to be helped or help others before taking in any others
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 12:38   #8
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

he opening ticks are slow and quiet, but I sincerely believe very nescesary.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 07:20   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This has been dicussed before - in the Suggestions Status thread at the top of the forum, you would have found (on the fifth link), This Thread which dicussed the same thing.

I should prolly update that status page, but still...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:49   #10
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

The alliance thing is nonsense. I was misinformed about that... nd the title of that other thread doesn't express what's discussed so I missed it, sry.

So how about the red button saying "I am sure I want to come out of protection, and understand that I may get killed before I'm ready to play at level blahblahblah..."?