User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:37   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
A new exile system

I recently thought of a new system to keep gals a little balanced without displeasing too many good players. The plan is to shuffle not only at tick 36, but also at tick 500, 1000, 1500 etc. So basically every 500 ticks you get a new gal. Gals can still exile, and you can only self-exile once or twice every 500 ticks. This way people will stop exiling till they find the top 30 gal and be satisfied with something less good (but still ok). New players and the more skilled will be together in gals, which will make exceptionally powerful gals less frequent. Also there are more good = mediocre valued targets for alliance attacks, every gal gets attacked. Should your gal be bad, after 500 ticks you'll get a new one, so no need to seriously complain.
Buddy packs should be still allowed, but I consider 3 or 4 people in one BP enough to prevent gals from being unbalanced.

Any comments?
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:44   #2
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice
Re: A new exile system

ummm few questions

1) You do know there wouldnt be top gals anymore as they would keep getting shuffled.

2) messes up intel completely or makes it more difficult to keep up.

3) ok your a new player, you find some good guys who r helping you then you get shuffled

sorry i dont think it would work, i do lke the limiting exile thing tho

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 14:09   #3
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

1) Good point. I guess people would have to try and get a lot of value themselves, and then get their gal together in the last 500 ticks. (maybe fuse the last 1000 ticks together?)

2) If you have slightly decent intel it has a ruler name next to every coord. Otherwise, if someone exiles your data is wrong. So, use a nice bot that gets ruler names from the intel, searches the PA database (dunno exactly where, but it exists) and puts the right coords in your intel.

3) many new players don't find good guys helping them, end up in lower gals etc. This way at least they have a fair few chances of ending up with good people.

I'm not completely convinced it'd work either, but I think it's worth some thought
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 15:45   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
3) many new players don't find good guys helping them, end up in lower gals etc. This way at least they have a fair few chances of ending up with good people.
But those who were lucky enough to end up with good players who could help them now lose out. The efforts made with them could all be for nothing. Furthermore, it's a lot harder to encourage teaching newbies when the experienced player in question knows that they'll be disappearing back into the depths of PA any time soon.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 16:50   #5
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

I think there will be more newbies having advantage from this than those being disadvantaged. What you say is true, but isn't it also true many new people are in gals with no forum posts, irc channel and help to get them better? It took me about two rounds to understand and like pa, tho I was pretty young back then
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 18:49   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

One other issue with this idea. With galaxies constantly being shuffled the real advantage of working with your galaxy is lost, since you arn't stuck with the current group for that long, why bother work with them? This idea would almost completely kill the use of galaxies in the game and would make being in an ally everything.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 19:34   #7
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

constantly is rather relative cause if you are stuck with someone for 500 ticks, I think people do make effort to def each other. And there's the BP function, altho not as big you can keep your best mates around you if you want