User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Jun 2005, 18:19   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
[Discuss]Galaxy Ministers

Who needs a MoC or a MoW in a gal?

#1. Who needs a MoC in a gal? His job isn't that huge. He just watches the forum. Most forums will not really be spammed over if they are cleaned like once a week. Why can't the GC take over the MoC powers?

#2. What gal seriously does gal attacks? I have never heard of one doing so. So what exactly does a MoW do now? Nothing, exactly. As it is useless, we might just as well delete it.

#3. I must admit, the MoD HAS got use. But a GC can do his tasks just as easy. Read below...

For everyone and especiallythe people who want the ministers for their colors:
You could also just make 3 gc's in a gal. I think this is quite a good idea. It will give 3 people power instead of one. The two others could vote one gc out if he did things wrong or is inactive. Then they could elect a new gc.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 18:54   #2
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about
Re: Galaxy Ministers

the two "useless" ministers you just described can add to the "message from commanders"
and it's useful when used properly.

and you can say "you're the minister, do somthing, like nightwatch"

And it's also useful to have more than one people who can do the exile so you don't have to change the minister post all the time.
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 20:29   #3
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

MoC is also sometimes used to deal with cluster alliances etc...
and there was a suggestion on here about an ingal attack page for MoW to use... I think it would work well.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 20:48   #4
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
Who needs a MoC or a MoW in a gal?

#1. Who needs a MoC in a gal? His job isn't that huge. He just watches the forum. Most forums will not really be spammed over if they are cleaned like once a week. Why can't the GC take over the MoC powers?

#2. What gal seriously does gal attacks? I have never heard of one doing so. So what exactly does a MoW do now? Nothing, exactly. As it is useless, we might just as well delete it.

#3. I must admit, the MoD HAS got use. But a GC can do his tasks just as easy. Read below...

For everyone and especiallythe people who want the ministers for their colors:
You could also just make 3 gc's in a gal. I think this is quite a good idea. It will give 3 people power instead of one. The two others could vote one gc out if he did things wrong or is inactive. Then they could elect a new gc.

tbh there are a few features in discussion to make MoC and MoW more useful, including adding scans for incomings, gal attack stuff, and imo are necissary for exiling and so that no one person holds all the power in a galaxy. IMO the GC should not be able to delete threads and such that should be the sole reserve of the MoC. I dont think concentrating all the power in one area is correct, but neither do i think having multiple GC's is the answer. the answer is to give more specific jobs to the ministers and ONLY the ministers (i.e the GC CANT do those jobs) rather than remove a galaxy command structure.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 00:51   #5
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

the sad fact is people feel special if they have a title and a pretty colour, even if they dont have to do anything. keep the jobs there so people feel special please!
teknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 17:04   #6
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
And it's also useful to have more than one people who can do the exile so you don't have to change the minister post all the time.
Excuse me? more than one people?

Quote:
Quote:
keep the jobs there so people feel special please!
They can feel more special by being gc.

Currently the MoW and MoC are pretty useless. But I'd encourage adding some other abilities to their powers. So perhaps we should make this the MoC and MoW POWERS topic?

Quote:
adding scans for incomings, gal attack stuff
Adding scans for incomings? whaaat?
Perhaps we could give the MoW the ability to do fleet analysis scans on everybody in the alliance would be cool.
MoC... what could an additional job be for this guy?
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 17:20   #7
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
Excuse me? more than one people?
I meant that GC is capable of faster and flexible exiling if there is anough people with the ability to vote for exiles
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:03   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Next round they will have more responsibility as they'll need to be active to be able to exile