User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:38   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Your favourite round of Planetarion? (vote here)

Vote on the Planetarion Portal (http://home.planetarion.com)

My personal favourite was Round 5 because it was the first full round I had ever played. The powerblock techniques of Legion and Fury were in their infancy (or so it seemed to me) and the cluster alliance politics seemed really important

It was the time when I got to know many of the people who I've worked with over the following rounds and many of them have become really good friends both online and in real life.

If anyone wants to comment further on their reasons for their favourite round please post here.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:57   #2
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
round 3 > * it went downhill ever since thats why i havnt played since r6
r5 properly
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:00   #3
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts
r7 i was in a great gal and had a lot of fun

but r4 was great as well, and the units were well-balanced

but on the fun factor, i'd say r7
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:01   #4
c00t

Round one - fun in a basic, buggy kind of way
Round two - fun in a laggy, amusingly unbalanced kind of way
Round three - Great people, attitudes, had the most fun and games.

Thereafter powerblocking made it impractical to play in a small, fun ally, and the large allies, although fun, could become boring if you were winning or immensely pointless if you weren't, r4 & 5 had their moments and fun, thereafter there was little point in playing.

imho of course...
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:13   #5
Noob
*** pe0n ***

Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
r3 - was class being a n00b
r4 - was gd as well wit my bro n m8s
r5 - owned by fury (lo morden ) cluster was class
r6 - all from c15 from r5, really hostile cluster but was much fun
r7 - meet new ppl in gal, was brilliant top70ish
r8 - managed to end up wit 2 m8s i no n has been a gd wee battle so far

but if i had to choose one it would prob be r5

Round 3 - 92:16:22
Round 4 - 60:14:06
Round 5 - 15:09:13
Round 6 - 06:12:12
Round 7 - 22:20:08
Round 8 - 33:10:09
Round 9 - Retired
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:18   #6
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point
fun to see that so many think that r3 and r4 were that damn good. Back in those rounds they didn't think that the rounds were that good, but I guess its always like that. "Lets get it as in the good old days"... cause ppl don't remember the bad sides of those rounds like they know the bad things about this round. Just wait a year and I'm 100% sure that most ppl will think that r8 was the best round ever.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:39   #7
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
Rd2 owned them all imho. Thieves and great political situations.

Rd1 a time of learning, but didnt necessarily need an alliance to do ok in it either.

Rd3 had the best stats but a crap political situation.

Rd4 had serious gameplay issues but great political situations.

Rd7 was the best of the Race rounds till the first war ended, then things went to crap.

Rd5 was a totally boredom and slack round for alot of people, the take a break round tbh. crap political situations after nocex died.

Rd6 first race round played for a little while then left the game. People tell me it got better after Xeta/FoS split however.

ta Xtothez got my rounds a tad screwed up
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)

Last edited by kyrealean; 19 Nov 2002 at 04:45.
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:45   #8
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
r4 - without a doubt. I got into elysium, and the alliance... was all that ever meant anything to me in my pa-career
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 01:05   #9
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Please note:
If you want to bitch about anything that's wrong with this poll this thread's probably the best place.

I apologise for the lack of a "none of them" option - but life's tough... you either choose, or you don't vote.

Also a word about Round 7 - definately my most successful round and in a gal of people who really gelled. Thankyou guys and girls :-)
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 01:13   #10
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrealean
Rd5 first race round
That was round 6 ^

Anyway, I liked 3 different rounds equally for several reasons.

Round 3 was a great time to be a newbie. If I had started in round 4 I very much doubt I'd have stayed long. I picked up the game fairly quickly, and finished in a respectable position with a small group of mates (no alliance at the time).

Round 4 sucked : )

Round 5 sucked : )

Round 6 was very interesting, both in the new races and tactical options they brought, and the non-stagnant political situtation. It's one of the few times I've seen people burn out quicker then the round itself. War was continuous all of rnd6.

Round 7 sucked, good job I missed it anyway : )

Round 8 has just been fun. None of the political constraints of the previous powerblocked rounds, all the tactical variation of the different races/pod types, etc, and a great group of mates and alliance peers to fight alongside. I think this is one of the better PA formulas, just a pity we had almost no one playing it. The universe was far too small, and overburn defense ruined it a lot imho. Playing with these stats in a round 3 sized universe would have pwned...
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 01:22   #11
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
GAAHHH round 3 in a server bugged game crashing massive ammount of clusters best stats great ships loadsa friends amazing battles massive ammounts of roids and pds firing first - type of way

rnd 3 0wned
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 01:26   #12
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
Please note:
If you want to bitch about anything that's wrong with this poll this thread's probably the best place.

I apologise for the lack of a "none of them" option - but life's tough... you either choose, or you don't vote.

Beat me to it (and after you told me to post on here about it as well).

Voted rnd 2 eventually, due to the fact you're weren't so constrained by alliances, private gals etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.

Last edited by Helveticus; 19 Nov 2002 at 01:35.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 01:43   #13
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 4, being in a class n00b gal, yet without getting incomings that much, spent more time attacking people in gal who didn't pay their taxes (I was MoD \o/) than attacking out-of-gal. Also joined up with p10a, the group I still hang with today, (although mebbe a grand total of 2 or 3 of us still own planets ^_^ ) R4 was definitly the greatest of my 6 rounds.

Followed by R5, where I was in the l33t p10a private gal ;-)

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 02:01   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
R2 – Good rank, great galaxy, even better cluster and an exciting political situation.
R6 – My first round really on the forefront of military planning, I actually got to work with Sid good political situation, plenty of huge attacks, good fight back by our side and a feeling that it never really got boring.
R1 - Enjoyable learning experience, everything was new and exciting.
R7 – Stats wise I still feel this was the best round, the war was enjoyable while it lasted and the race for the number one spot was a unique experience.
R4 - Taught me some important about Planetarion something I’d never felt before in a game, that our backs were to the wall and we were quite literally fighting for survival and every fleet I sent made a difference. It also proved to me alliances if they mean enough are worth giving up everything for (Be it friends, score, asteroids, anything).
R5 – Like Round 7 it was fun because I was big, however that was probably the only enjoyable thing about it although the graphics were pretty.
R3 - I didn't really play very seriously though I don’t feel I missed much, notable that I got into Fury towards the end.

To be honest I think I've enjoyed every round I''ve played except Round 8, the only remotely enjoyable thing this round is I have a cool GC.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 02:23   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
R2 - n00bie, met some great people in my galaxy though (lo Beeson the Great, lo Toni the Protector, miss you guys )
R3 - n00bie in a big Fury galaxy, absolutely best cluster alliance ever (c17a), incredibly fun round (lo Zorakon, miss you too )
R4 - Fury-Provisional, the old Fury mailing list rocked, got bashed in-game though. Met Minty, life never been the same again
R5 - Again, nice round but got bashed, nice big galaxy-fights on IRC
R6 - Got even more bashed, like never before, slept a lot (these might be the good old days )
R7 - Quite simply the most rocking galaxy ever (lo dee, twinge, boba, thomo, ahriman, nadval, mb4, asarhad, bartmann, seriph, bishop)
R8 - Still going, inactive galaxy etc, getting attacked whenever I leave the house

In terms of nostalgy, I'd say that Round 3 wins. Had some absolutely great times on IRC and in-game. In pure fun, however, I'd have to say Round 7 was the best, not in the last place due to my galaxy, with whom I've had the best fun in PA, going out on a high
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 02:26   #16
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The funniest moment of Round 7 was me reliving Ahriman of 750 asteroids for 0 losses while he over slept and lost his whole fleet hitting Kileman. I still can't believe none of your galaxy defended him Leshy
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 02:39   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
The funniest moment of Round 7 was me reliving Ahriman of 750 asteroids for 0 losses while he over slept and lost his whole fleet hitting Kileman. I still can't believe none of your galaxy defended him Leshy
Well, our whole galaxy agreed to the terms of fighting the war fully - Ahri wouldn't def us against Titans, we wouldn't def him vs Fury (seeing as we were all in Wrath/Fury save 1, no one really could anyway )

And losing his whole fleet did put him past me on our n00b list, fs. I was leading it with my 20mil score loss on Valy, when he went to 30mil
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 03:17   #18
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 3 by far.

C16a was great fun
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 03:38   #19
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
R2, as you could grow by roiding or stealing; just remember it being the most fun. I also liked R6 personally
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 03:38   #20
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
R3 = Random fun with friends in RL
R4 = Not-all-that-random fun with friends in RL
R6 = Random fun with friends not in RL
R7 = Asskickery for the first month or so with friends from R6
R8 = *shrug*

R3 = Funnest
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 09:33   #21
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Round 3 was my favorite round.

Every round afterwards was crap because of a) private galaxies, b) powerblock game-play and c) crappy Creator decisions.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 11:21   #22
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a kinda unfair vote since the best round by far was r2 before they killed the thief and torpedo.

however there arent enough people left who actually played round 2 to remember it being funky most of the people still on these boards joined in the mass coming that was round 3 and round 4

yes round 3 was good but it wasnt fun

anybody voting for rounds 4 5 6 7 8 should be shot at dawn
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 11:57   #23
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
Round 3 was the best. simple
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 12:08   #24
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
r3, but best gfx in r5. me wants a memeroy r5
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 13:40   #25
KingGnome
PA addict

KingGnome is an unknown quantity at this point
r3 without a doubt

I started part way through the round, ended up in c152, had a mostly inactive gal (only 3-4 active peeps), formed a C alliance, got loads of def from C17+C16 (thnx chax :P) - all in all the most fun round for me by far!
KingGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 14:02   #26
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
r3 > *

c16a > all
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 14:03   #27
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
BARRYSWORLD

Oh R3...

Besides, R3 had a great cliffhanger at a one point.

If your score went past 2.1 bil(ish) it would go into negative.

There was a period of weeks while we saw Game, Ish and Singularity in this.

Rather fun.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 14:35   #28
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
rnd 7 owned. my only round i have played seriously. was lot of fun with good m8s and we did pretty well

but zeus ofc had to ruin it.
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 15:42   #29
Idi

id just like to mention that this poll cant be taken too seriously, as less people played the earlier rounds, and also most of them have left.

thanks.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 15:43   #30
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
r3 > *

c16a > all
16:4 > *
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:02   #31
Prometheus
Satans little helpers..

Prometheus is an unknown quantity at this point
r5 - because of the l33t gfx (it owned) and because it was the first round i ended up with a big planet.

r3 - 36:8:8 Millenium of Queens
r4 - 11:8:3 Millenium of Queens (Dominion, Legion)
r5 - 16:23:8 Prometheus of Black and White (Legion)
r6 - 16:17:16 Yakutza of The Secret Shadow (Titans)
Have "played" RL since..
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:12   #32
raffe
pw04r!

raffe has a little shameless behaviour in the past
r4
r5 when it comes to GFX
raffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:39   #33
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
r3>r7>r8>r5>r6>r4 ... since I really didn't play the others, I can't comment in my opinion where they stand
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:57   #34
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
rnd 3 | Total n00b joined just before the end, only notable bit was myself and a rl friend raping the gc, then the moc of my gal.

rnd 4 | Slow start (9 person priv gal merged with a 16 planet priv gal, most owned by 1 person ) After X16 formed round was fun with our defence against E16 attacks, good organisation for a non-elite p alliance

rnd 5 | Total boredom for most of round, in a top 50 legion gal in a fury/legion owned cluster, stopped playing seriously after 3 weeks.

rnd 6 | After a nice 3 week period of constant incomming dropped my gal from top 20 to out of top 500 spent most of the round attempting to keep gal mates active, and making sure that all the xeta/fos gals in cluster stayed with the nap (they did to my surprise). Only time in pa i ever got asked by an enemy officer to take his roids before someone else got them

rnf 7 | Trying to keep a random gal in top 100, succeded at the expense of using up almost every favour i was owed

Fav round, round 4 because although there was almost constant war, it was all at sensible times none of this waking up after 3 hours sleep to check attacks etc

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 19:22   #35
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
R4 was my favourite as it was the round with the best gal m8s (yogi, ewi, volta, lei, ur-quan, LJ, dee, twinge, locutus) and the only time other than r3 i talked to my cluster/para when we got on really well with 17:22 with people like gabber and seal.

r7 was my best round in the game and even though the race for #1 gal was really tense and quite enjoyable I found it created to much tension in the galaxy room and among people I used to think of as friends but were in a different alliance to me, I would rather have done rubbish without all the fights.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 20:15   #36
CryWolf
Muad'Dib

CryWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
After thinking it over it came down to two rounds, either round 2 or 3, and the concluding thought fell on round 3, more or less because I was able to get somewhat more sleep that round, it wasnt as stressful.

And my cluster was the best ever ;-) c32r² über alles

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
CryWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 22:48   #37
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
R2 > *

BD R2 > *

Round 3 was a lot of fun as most of mates got in bd form undernet.

Round 4 was good cause the end of round attacks with Legion was an amazing time.

Round 5 Onwards ****er than hell.

R1 i played about 3-4 weeks so i was ****e, but it was new so it was ace
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 22:52   #38
Draklon

Which round had the parallels again?
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 22:53   #39
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Draklon
Which round had the parallels again?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 23:00   #40
Draklon

Ahhh... k... I liked that one :-)
cuz it was... different.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 23:38   #41
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
R3 and R4, both were fun.

R4 probably wins due to the sheer ownage of 2E5
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:19   #42
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
R6 - Nothing better

BlueBull, Top250 planet most of the round. #27 Planet at best. Top10 with the gal. Bull was great, didn't sleep more then 3 hours for 2 months. Had loads of fun and stress and most of my m8's where in the same cluster. I bashed A2 and Basher Sorry guys, attacked l33t gals with people i looked up two. Always first row tickets in large attacks. And playing with a lot of l33t people, who i didn't even know before joining Bull. Like Grim, Sastul etc

All thx to Glatze

R5 was fun as well, 5:21 for ever, but playing l33t was a lot better
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:33   #43
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 2 deffinately, round 3 comes close after equally to round 4.

Tho I think the poll as it is now , mostly reflects the " age " of the playerbase as I very much doubt there are even a bunch of players who played during round 1, 2 and 3.
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:42   #44
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
round 7 was the most fun round for me..
Never had such a kewl gal
20:20 > *
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 10:08   #45
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by KraKto$is8
but r4 was great as well, and the units were well-balanced
Well balanced ???? You must really have been in a different universe than the rest of us.

hAl
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 11:12   #46
hinch
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Draklon
Ahhh... k... I liked that one :-)
cuz it was... different.
your signature says it all
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 12:14   #47
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of big pa names so to speak vouch for round 3 being the best on ship stats. But i think many ppl were just join planetarion in rd3 and there experience (which was mine) of round 3 was getting repeatdly belted into the ground.

It wasn't until round 4 that this new wave of players actually got a grip of the game and were able to achieve something.

Thats why round 4 does so well on the polls maybe???

I know it was my favourite round.
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 13:26   #48
Monkeypimp
Banned

Round 4 was crap because of paras.

They incouraged power blocks when all the big alliances started getting together to form para-alliances, and just bashed in para giving the rest no chance as thier friends in para were small like them, and thier friends outside couldn't help them because of travel time.

In round 3 I was in 16:25 and we were in C16a with people from fury, legion and co in it. Most of my gal fought off big alliances the whole round but we never had to worry about being smashed in cluster (well, most of the time anyway).

That and arguing with Sigrid and Hazard always bought a laugh.

Where is Hazard nowdays??
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 14:00   #49
hinch
Banned

i seem to remember me and sahdeeq raping you in cluster in r3
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 14:05   #50
Monkeypimp
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hinchles
i seem to remember me and sahdeeq raping you in cluster in r3
*sigh* I said Most of the time.

In round 4 nearly every attack that came our way was in para.