User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 May 2003, 13:43   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the most irritating thing about working with the public

come on, what do you find most irritating about having to work with the public?
for me (and i know this is going to get me flamed but who cares)
it has to be the retards.
now some of them are well behaved, come in with whoever and just pick their books, maybe say hello to the staff, but are generally quiet
but others, treat their retarded status like it allows them to do whatever they want, one such case just came in and picked up a scanner, and scanned him eye with the laser out of it before i could grab it off him
now his mother just laughed, but if he had been hurt, she would have been the first one complaining fs
that type of person really irritates me
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:46   #2
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Complaints.

Endless complaints, and having to deal with them.

Most people tend not to care that you are not responsible for their problems, but as your the one they speak to, your the one who gets an earfull.
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:47   #3
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
heh
ace

for me its the people that haven't ever heard of Politeness.

"Oi, wheres the videos" etc.

oh and get back to work
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:48   #4
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
I have never worked.

But I imagine it would be the people that believe shop-assistants are there solely to serve them and adopt the kind of attitude that makes cooks in restaurants jizz in their lasagne.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:51   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I am a taxman, every one or two weeks i have a public helpdesk day.

I don't need to explain more I guess.

One day I'll create a website Like Gart the Videostore owner.
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:51   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
the way that people's IQs appear to drop by at least two orders of magnitude. Particularly tourists. I worked on tourist sites and behind bars for four years, and this is why I have decided to be an academic and get as far away as is humanly possible from these people.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:51   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dealing with the public , period.

Members of the public who see GREAT BIG **** OFF SIGNS saying "Dont Do This" , and then proceed to do it anyway.

Sign above the door should read "We do not serve retards" , and allow staff to make Judgement calls on individual cases.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:52   #8
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
People who come into the newsagents to read the magazines annoy me greatly.

Oh, and LOLs who expect me to deliver their papers because their paper boy is a lazy git.

"I can't leave the house and I need the papers delivered every day!"

Get a computer then, fool!
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:53   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
people who ask stupid questions:

Q: "can I use my bus ticket here."
A: "no, it is a mini railway, not a bus."

sadly I have to be polite, and can't "do a gord" on them.

Unread 30 May 2003, 13:56   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i think, in our own ways, we all look up to gord, and all that he stood for
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:57   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
people who ask stupid questions:
Q: Are you open?
A: The door is closed and the lights are off. What do you think?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:59   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
the press are even worse, they are either retards, people who think their clever but aren't, or overpaid self important jerks.
You just described 95% of the human race.
Unread 30 May 2003, 14:03   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Noone, noone likes the elderly.
Unread 30 May 2003, 14:22   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The people who are unreasonable. Put simply.

The people who get angry. I understand some of their issues, but you can at least deal with these things with a smile on your face (well as best you can).

Two of the bastards I've spoken to recently (who both got irrationally angry) have been arrested for domestic violence (one for murdering his wife).

Oh, and solicitors are the worst people in the world to get calls from.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 14:30   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I don't work whit the public, but i notice a lot of things that i would find imensely annoying.
Like the angry people at trains, that just found out that their tickets are not valid, and gives the train-man the blame.
ITS THEIR OWN ****ING FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING WHAT TYPE OF TICKET IS REQUIRED BEFORE PURCASHING.
Besides, if you talk whit a smile, apologzie for the fault and ask what you can do "to make up" for it, they usually let you go, instead of giving you fines. (The train men, that is)

Or people that get's angry at bus-driver's when the bus is late. Its not their ****ing fault it was a accident down the road, or that 15 elderly people began to argue about prices.

Smile to public workers = the win.
(OF COURSE; this does not always apply, and never whit the cops)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 14:39   #16
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx

Smile to public workers = the win.
yeap, it is always hard to argue with a nice person.

Unread 30 May 2003, 22:12   #17
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
i have to hate (working in an aquatic retail outlet) that stupid idiot who walks past you and makes the off-hand comment 'i guess no-one's gona get me any fish then' only to be told "sure, i'll catch you some" and for that idiot to go 'nah, don't want any now'

****ing prat
Unread 30 May 2003, 23:19   #18
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Scottish and asylum seekers - cant understand them a lot of the time.

Idiots (eg, When i ask for somthing they need every time they call and they dont have it - what makes this time different? Piss off.)

Complains should be irritating, but i enjoy telling people what they dont want to hear - if they leave the call feelling as miserable as i do it makes me a little happier.
Unread 30 May 2003, 23:56   #19
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
I work part-time in a bookstore:

"How much is this with tax and <insert random discount>?" LIKE I HAVE A CALCULATOR ON HAND

"Hey! This has no label! I guess that means it's free! hyuck hyuck!" - Only funny the first 500 times I heard it.

Rich people who act like we're anally raping them by charging the price set by the publisher, or the cashier made a $.10 error.

Rich people period. worst customers EVER.

Women's bathrooms (once we close)...most vile location on the planet. used "feminine products" on the floors, blood/urine on the seats, toilet paper everywhere...fking pigs, the lot of em!

Best one yet was the guy who was looking for a book: "I don't know the name or the author, but I read it when I was six and the cover is red!"
"How old are you, sir?"
"38"
"...."

"Which of these <insert high-level test exam> study guidess are the best" - Like if I'd taken that damn test, I'd be working here?

"I heard this guy on the radio, I didn't catch anything but it's about World War II..."

"Have you read <insert extremely obscure title>"

I could go on forever...
Unread 30 May 2003, 23:58   #20
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
I am a claims adjuster at a major insurance company. So i decide if they should get paid their claim and how much.

Need I say more ?
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:01   #21
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake

"Hey! This has no label! I guess that means it's free! hyuck hyuck!" - Only funny the first 500 times I heard it.
I also work at a toystore 1 saterday a week and this really is common practice yeah. They think they are actually funny. Allthough there are sad cases who actually mean it when they say that.
[Spore] HC
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:06   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by KillGhost
1 saterday a week

only one saturday a week?!?!?!!?!

:P
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:12   #23
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

working behind the bar, at a hotel, that has mainly middle class businessmen as residents is a ****ing nightmare. i managed it for 5 months, so good for me i suppose!

worst ever ever ever people were when we had a masonic lodge from down south staying. absolute ****ing twats.
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:15   #24
KillGhost
1Up

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
only one saturday a week?!?!?!!?!

:P
yeah i knew people would quote that but hey i couldn't be arsed to edit my post for that
[Spore] HC
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:23   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn your layout-destructive name.
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:32   #26
KillGhost
1Up

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Damn your layout-destructive name.
[Spore] HC
Unread 31 May 2003, 00:39   #27
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Would you like any cashback with that?

No LOL ill only spend it!

We cant have you sitting there all bored can we *chuckle*

They do 'blah' in such a store for me!

WELL **** OFF BACK THERE AND LET THEM DO IT YOU ****ING ****