User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 03:19   #1
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point
Doom 3 goes gold.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews...14_153741.html

I was just wondering who will be buying or playing this game.

Here are some links to some more information:

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=8150476

http://www.andresbecerra.com/ShackUp...GSeptCover.jpg

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals

Last edited by Event_Horizon; 15 Jul 2004 at 03:40.
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 03:36   #2
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Re: Doom 3 goes gold.

August 5th....oh, how I can't wait. (if just for nostalgia factor)
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 03:59   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

tbh I'll think they'll be glad they are getting it out before HL 2.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 04:23   #4
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/...Number=4085607

The above is a link to a forum where somebody copied the first ever Doom 3 review from a US PC Gamer magazine. Enjoy....

EDIT: Changed UK to US.

Last edited by Event_Horizon; 15 Jul 2004 at 13:27.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 07:12   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I haven't really seen anything about this game that has impressed me to buy it so far. Maybe when I've read a few reviews I'll have a better idea.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 07:54   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
The above is a link to a forum where somebody copied the first ever Doom 3 review from a UK PC Gamer magazine. Enjoy....
That's the US PC Gamer, which (up until recently) had a reputation for 'cash for reviews', which is rather ubiquitous through the industry. However, the new editor appears to have turned things around.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 09:01   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I "aquired" a copy of Doom III Beta 2 (no NOT the crappy one with half a level from E3 two years ago, a full proper one with an installer and a fair few levels).
Apart from the fact it still ran like a snail (my machine lacks memory) the combination of some very nice, if still not quite realistic graphics, dark rooms, and suspensful moments makes it look very promising.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 10:17   #8
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
tbh I'll think they'll be glad they are getting it out before HL 2.
If Valve is smart they will launch it at the same time or very shortly after Doom 3.
There are too many big titles coming out this season and people will choose for one of them. Possibly the first to come out. Thus Valve better hurry else those game-craving people will all buy Doom 3 instead of their HL2.

Coming out this season:
Sims 2 (not real competition, but hey)
Doom 3
Half life 2
Halo 2 (November, you can't get a worse date, after two big titles)
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 10:27   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
If Valve is smart they will launch it at the same time or very shortly after Doom 3.
It seems unlikely at this point in time that valve will have HL2 ready in a fortnight.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 10:40   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

What the hell is the holdup with HL2 fs, I mean you can only blame the 'stealing' of part of the source for so long. No-one would care if Valve hadn't gone and declared it almost ready almost a year ago.

Damn ingrates. I WANT IT NOW!

Actually I'm getting a 6800 GT in a few days, I WANT IT THEN!
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 10:48   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
What the hell is the holdup with HL2 fs, I mean you can only blame the 'stealing' of part of the source for so long. No-one would care if Valve hadn't gone and declared it almost ready almost a year ago.
It wasn't ready a year ago, and Valve didn't actually blame the code theft for anything but slight delays as they changed the anticheat code.

Vivendi said 'It's because of the code theft, you should all KILL THE THIEVES'

Valve said 'It's because the game wasn't ready then, it needed a lot of polish and we didn't correctly anticipate the time required to finish putting the content in.'

In discussions about HL2, most of the time there will be so much disinformation flying around that Valve take a lot of flak for no reason.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 11:15   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused by all these people that say the beta runs like a snail when they all have nicer machines than me and it goes smooth as silk on mine (P4 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti).
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 12:00   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It wasn't ready a year ago.
I never said that they said it was. Erm...yeah..]

Wasn't there all that hype about before last christmas about it, then the release date slipped into 2004 then later and later and later...

That's all I ment. They gave the impression that it was due for release so many times that ppl righly get pissed off and Valve take flack, even if its not 100% their fault.

I don't mind really, I just want it [Invader Zim Voice] soon! [/Invader Zim Voice]
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 12:05   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Valve only said one release date, which was september 30th of last year. They never put any adverts out, they never did any hype. They showed some videos at E3, and have subsequently released them for public consumption.

They have done NOTHING else. It's not like Daikatana, where John Romero was going to 'make you his bitch'. It's not like DNF, which has gone through more engines than most teams have people.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 13:28   #15
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's the US PC Gamer, which (up until recently) had a reputation for 'cash for reviews', which is rather ubiquitous through the industry. However, the new editor appears to have turned things around.
My apologies, I just edited my post to say US rather than UK.