User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:45   #1
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
[Retro Game Music] Cool Video

I know most of you have seen people play the most commonly known mario theme on piano but this is a full 10 minute score of some mario tracks which is frankly amazing

But I have to know... do you think the end looks deliberately speeded up?

Also it's amazing how much a good score on a computer game will boost it's immortality, certainly much better than all these high school talent punk/new-garage etc etc bands being signed up to churn out dull shit tunes for the games of today.

I mean as far as modern-day music scores go for computer games the only one I'll remember is Gran Turismo's well picked selection (Feeder-Tangerine and Garbage - As Heaven as Wide being two classic driving tunes).

You certainly won't find me remniscing over what crappy bands played on tony hawks (insert number here) or what popular rifts were butchered for a fifa game etc.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 09:28   #2
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Retro Game Music] Cool Video

The blind folded playing isn't as hard as you would think.

btw T&F is that slimer in your Avatar?
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 23:07   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I love the piano score of the Super Mario World Castle's.

Anyone think musical scores for computer games has become a lost art?

It seems microsoft and sony aren't interested in that facet of the game, with Sega almost gone that leaves Nintendo the last bastion of original music scores.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 23:08   #4
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough

HIM is on TonyHawk's sndtrk.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 11:32   #5
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

my piano looks nicer than his, and he looks funny when he plays blindfolded (admittedly i can't actually play the piano, but still...)
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 11:39   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clearly old 8-bit machine game soundtracks are still "teh win".
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 14:50   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Also it's amazing how much a good score on a computer game will boost it's immortality, certainly much better than all these high school talent punk/new-garage etc etc bands being signed up to churn out dull shit tunes for the games of today.

You certainly won't find me remniscing over what crappy bands played on tony hawks (insert number here) or what popular rifts were butchered for a fifa game etc.
this man speaks the truth
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 14:53   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
or what popular rifts were butchered for a fifa game etc.
yeah you'd have to be some sort of super memory nerd to recall something like Song To

Last edited by LHC; 10 Jul 2004 at 15:07.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 15:05   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

tetris music > *
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote