User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 10:26   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Euro 2004 Best Team of the tourny so far

Goalkeeper
Buffon

Defence
Campbell
Worns
Jankulovski
Mellberg

Midfield
Poborsky
Nedved
Gattuso
Zidane

Forwards
Baros
Larsson

Imho

Probably.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 10:49   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Euro 2004 Best Team of the tourny so far

About Jankulovski, we were linked to him before Euro 2004 so i've been keeping on eye on him (along with the other 5000 million players we're linked to ) and i've not been that impressed.

Almost every cross he puts in goes straight to a defender and is no where near one of teh Czech players. Also defensively he keeps getting beat way too easily.

What have i been missing?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:00   #3
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

gotta have Rooney in there.

And Lampard too. maybe.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:05   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Oh boy, now you've done it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:06   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish

And Lampard too. maybe.
no.

edit: Deffeh is not currently online. Now I have to wait to see the rant. darn
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:45   #6
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

rooney is overrated imo, he definately wasnt the best player on the pitch against the Swis, the only thing he did there was score the goals, and #1 was a tap in literally and #2 was lucky oh, and im english too btw
he is good though....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:52   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I was about to come in and say Poborsky in for... nevermind.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 11:59   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
rooney is overrated imo, he definately wasnt the best player on the pitch against the Swis, the only thing he did there was score the goals, and #1 was a tap in literally and #2 was lucky oh, and im english too btw
he is good though....
He was the best attacking player england had in both games, so the only 'overrated' should be in regards to being one of the best attackers in the tournament (which he is close to; it would be helped if he had a partner to play football).

And can you really score tapins with your head?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 12:26   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

best players of the tournament so far are gravesen, zidane and nedved imo.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 12:37   #10
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Petr Cech (unsure on spelling.) He's been imo the best keeper of the tournament

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 12:39   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

both Cech and Van der Sar showed flawless keeping last night i think.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 14:31   #12
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd put Cech ahead of Van der Sar.

But squad:

Buffon

Campbell
Mellberg
Puyol

Gattuso
Zidane
Robben
Ljungberg

Etxeberria
Larsson
Henry (debatable)

imo
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.

Last edited by Blastoderm; 20 Jun 2004 at 19:39. Reason: I forgot about Gattuso and put him instead for Lampard. As for Henry, I could have had Raul instead but I'm biased.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 16:01   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Henry hasn't done anything.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 17:12   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
He was the best attacking player england had in both games
Best at attacking other players too...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 17:29   #15
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Buffon

Puyol
Campbell
Dellas
Zambrotta (struggling to think of any left back who has done really well)

Nedved
Gravesen
Poborksy
Gattuso

Baros
Verplakovskis
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 17:30   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Henry hasn't done anything.

Indeed, and it's not even debatable, he didn't bring anything in their first two matches.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:21   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Larsson is player of the tournament so far so leaving him out is idiocy.

Although i dont rate rooney half as high as any of you, hes still scored 2 - what more can you ask really?

However, he was rubbish against france, and the hype was unwarranted. His run into the box for the penalty was good. Every other time he got the ball though it seemed to go out for a france throw. And surprise surprise at the end of the game "omg omg rooney". Its only because owens been so crap and anonymous that he looks good in comparison.

I'd probably remove Jankulovski even though he was good last night, switch to a 3-5-2 and put Gravesen in though. Maybe. He's only played one game though.

Also lampard has been nothing on zizou, poborsky, nedved, gattuso etc so i dont think he should be there.

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:24   #18
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
he was brilliant against Bulgaria but didnt get into the game anywhere near as much against Italy. To be fair, I didnt choose him basically because hed already been mentioned and i wanted to put some other candidates forward.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:28   #19
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I wouldn't put Zidane in on Euro 2004 alone.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:29   #20
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Bias
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:30   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zharkov
he was brilliant against Bulgaria but didnt get into the game anywhere near as much against Italy. To be fair, I didnt choose him basically because hed already been mentioned and i wanted to put some other candidates forward.
Well, ok on the putting other candidates forward, but i still think hes been brilliant.

2 goals against bulgaria, an assist, and he gave the ball to zlatan for the penalty (seriously, it doesnt really get any more professional than that. You see players squabbling over penalties. Larssons return to competitive international football, hes on a hatrick and he hands the ball to zlatan because he thinks its more important every player gets confidence scoring - hero)

assist against italy, plus two other possible assists, one headed over the bar from nowhere, one saved brilliantly by buffon

Larsson probably is god

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 18:33   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also lampard has been nothing on zizou, poborsky, nedved, gattuso etc so i dont think he should be there.
Your anti-English bias amuses me!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 19:00   #23
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Nedved was shit against Latvia, but superb last night. I reckon two good games is required to make the team.

Cole in at left back.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 19:08   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nedved is a nasty diver :(((((((((((
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 19:09   #25
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

nedved <3

he's the last one i blame for the frustrating evening i had.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 19:17   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, yeah, he's a great player and did a good job saturday.

Still, he dived and got Heitinga sent off for no reason.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 19:42   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Your anti-English bias amuses me!
Zidane scored twice and set up the croatian own goal

Nedved last night was outstanding in hauling his team from 1 down, he hit the bar from 30 yards, helped set up a couple of games.

Poborsky - did you even see the assist against Latvia? Or him last night?

As soon as italy took rino off they were shite and sweden equalised.

And you think on the last two games, Lampard has been better than at least one of these?

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:03   #28
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Nedved ..... he hit the bar from 30 yards
That shot was spectacular. So can be said to Seedorf and Heitinga's shot.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:07   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
Best at attacking other players too...
Rooney is obviously the bad boy of the tournament, having picked up an entire yellow card.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:08   #30
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you need ronaldo in it and as keeper kolinko
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:08   #31
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Nedved's diving couteracts all his good work. I HATE divers, absolutely hate them

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:09   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

You think its his last, you're having a laugh. And he might have got other yellows too

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:11   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

And maybe Ronaldo. hes been pretty ****ing good.

(But this third game kinda offsets everything, ill redo the team after the whole group stages)

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:12   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You think its his last, you're having a laugh. And he might have got other yellows too
Yeah, but he's generally been more petulant than dangerous. There have been many, many worse red and yellow cards, and he's not spitting at people either.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:17   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I'm not going to argue that. Hes not been the worst on any front; but were i English, his aggression would still be a cause for concern. All it takes is one booking and hes out of the Spain game.

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:37   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I'm not going to argue that. Hes not been the worst on any front; but were i English, his aggression would still be a cause for concern. All it takes is one booking and hes out of the Spain game.
Spain? Greece, surely? (assuming they overcome the deficit)

Anyway, what about the biggest failures?

James
Ferreira
Totti
Deco
Owen
Pauleta

Would be my 'core team', suggestions for the rest of the side?
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:44   #37
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Spain? Greece, surely? (assuming they overcome the deficit)

Anyway, what about the biggest failures?

James
Ferreira
Totti
Deco
Owen
Pauleta

Would be my 'core team', suggestions for the rest of the side?
Figo, Henry, Vieri. Vieri would be first name on the sheet for me. Stam would be in defense. Maybe Stan Petrov in the team, though im not bothered about him not attracting suitors. Totti, obviously. Pires?

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:47   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Figo, Henry, Vieri. Vieri would be first name on the sheet for me. Stam would be in defense. Maybe Stan Petrov in the team, though im not bothered about him not attracting suitors. Totti, obviously. Pires?
Vieri's not been that bad, especially when you compare him to Owen and Henry (I forgot Henry, shows how well he's been going).

I didn't watch France's match against Croatia, so I can't really say, but none of the French side is doing particularly well.

And Figo's been less Completely Dire since the first match, where he was outclassed in this field by Rui Costa.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:53   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Vieri's not been that bad, especially when you compare him to Owen and Henry (I forgot Henry, shows how well he's been going).

I didn't watch France's match against Croatia, so I can't really say, but none of the French side is doing particularly well.

And Figo's been less Completely Dire since the first match, where he was outclassed in this field by Rui Costa.
Rui Costa wasnt exactly brilliant.

We BOTH forgot Marcel Desailly in a move of sheer idiocy.

Oh

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst in at left back without a doubt.

I disagree on Vieri though. I know im biased, ive never liked him, and ive never liked anything about Inter Milan, but hes been useless. How many times hes headed the ball over the bar from a great scoring position is ridiculous. He's missed a one on one. In a three man attack in which hes supposedly the scoring poaching striker off two creative players (Del Piero, Totti/Cassano - well, Cassano is more direct i guess but still) hes doing absolutely **** all. Hes a striker that i never ever get that feeling of "omg he has the killer instinct to take that touch away from someone and score". Hell i even get that feeling more with Rooney.

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:56   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
We BOTH forgot Marcel Desailly in a move of sheer idiocy.
As I said, I didn't watch the Croatia match, and I foolishly assumed that Santini knew what his best team was. Although then again, he likes Wiltord.

Re: R Costa, that was my point; a standout bad performance in a bad team performance.

It's not been a good tournament so far for Chelsea; when a poor Frank Lampard performance is the highlight of your players, you don't deserve the title 'world class'.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 20:58   #41
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Did you not even See the Prso goal to put Croatia 2-1?

Prso brought it down ok but it was in the air in front of Desailly. He was closest to it but just lashed his foot out in mid air and freshied it. Prso was then closest to the ball and struck it sweetly into the roof of the net

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 21:02   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Did you not even See the Prso goal to put Croatia 2-1?

Prso brought it down ok but it was in the air in front of Desailly. He was closest to it but just lashed his foot out in mid air and freshied it. Prso was then closest to the ball and struck it sweetly into the roof of the net
Sounds like every game he's played this season. Lol giving arsenal the title without even playing lol.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 21:04   #43
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Looks like it could be Portugal you play. I didnt see that one coming (nothing settled yet, obviously).

You can watch highlights on the bbc website btw. Using Real or Media player.

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 21:38   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
It's not been a good tournament so far for Chelsea; when a poor Frank Lampard performance is the highlight of your players, you don't deserve the title 'world class'.
Cancel that, I forgot Robben and Cech, who have been superb.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 21:59   #45
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

c. ronaldo deserves a spot.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:03   #46
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Robben has only played around 60 minutes of football.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:08   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
c. ronaldo deserves a spot.
I assume you mean the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Robben has only played around 60 minutes of football.
That's not his fault
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:11   #48
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

It's not Deffeh's fault that he hasn't proven himself either.
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:16   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
It's not Deffeh's fault that he hasn't proven himself either.
Why does what Deffeh thinks in any way relate to my opinion of how Chelsea (and future chelsea players) have performed at the tournament?
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 22:21   #50
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Oh sorry I misread. I thought you were saying something along the lines "put those in your team Deffeh".