User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 02:03   #151
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Insane Fighting Arena - Championships

Fluffie falls asleep, somewhere in some lockerroom. Preferably in a bed, surrounded by nice looking, nice smelling, warm and gently charactered women.

Fluffie is happy now
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 04:19   #152
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

*Fluffie wakes up from his hallucination, brought on through loss of blood, and finds himself surrounded by large sweaaty men named nigel*
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 14:27   #153
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

* Fluffie gets up, curses and walks to the correct locker-room this time, leaving Wraith's for what it is. Laying down, he this time does find himself surrounded by nice looking, nice smelling, warm and gently charactered women. He continues his slumber. He was even more happy now
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 16:08   #154
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Hey! how did you get in here!?

*Hewitt, having made peace with the judges for the time being, frowns at the intruder who had somehow managed to stumble into his corporate box. He wouldn't normally be annoyed but when Fluffie had entered in his half battered, half stoned state Hewitt had been in the middle of getting an erotic rub down from a dozen or so nice looking, nice smelling, warm and gently charactered women.

And due to their gentle characters they immediately rushed up to the injuried arena contestant to comfort him with hugs and kisses. Unfortunately since they did this all at once the end result was very similar to what is seen after a 'stacks on' is called...*

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 20:11   #155
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Bakan grunted to himself as the fight ended. Knowing he would be next, he went to his equipment and started going over it one last time.*
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:18   #156
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

Okay, finally got the results, but Narc and Mighella have not been bothered to write short reports... And I know people don't want to wait for days about this... so, here are the results:

Fluffie
Style: 9
Aggression: 7
Control: 8
Damage: 9
Total: 33

Shadow
Aggression: 8
Control: 6
Total: 32

-Yntens Notes-

Fluffie and Shadow had an equal style of fighting as well as them both causing much pain and sever damage to each other. Shadow showed much more aggression that Fluffie, but he was let down by Fluffie's renowned control of the situations that Shadow constantly put him into. The ending score is missed by a single point, Fluffie beating Shadow for his control and narrowly gained that extra 2 Aggression points that put him into the lead.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:20   #157
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Next match begins sometime tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th of July. This is also the day of my birthday, so this match better be a good one. The line-up is:

Bakan vs. Heiro

Psychic Student Vigilanty vs Strong White Mage
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:06   #158
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

My arse.

/end rant
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 00:01   #159
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Mind snaps
-ooc-

And before we forget, lets bombard the two contestants with question!

*Two interveiwers were blinked to Fluffie and Shadow. One poked Fluffie after plowing through a multitude of girls, the other approached Shadow carefully as to not get hit by a flailing tentacle. Both asked the same question at the same time.*

So, seeing as only Ynten has made comments on this match, what are your veiws on this and your veiw on the final score?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 00:01   #160
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

I gotta say the better man got disqualififed
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 00:22   #161
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shadow was seated in a large metal chair, the tentacles idly moving behind him as the interviewer blinked in front of him.

"So, seeing as only Ynten has made comments on this match, what are your veiws on this and your veiw on the final score?"

"My view" He said, "My view is that Ynten should choose her words more carefully, one cannot be much more aggressive than his opponent, yet score only one point more than him. In addition, I would like to see how I could have been more aggressive."

"As for the final score and the lack of the other judges comments, well, there is only two words to accurately describe what I think of it."

"My arse"
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 14:59   #162
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Guess I'd best work on some ideas.
Bakans character got the customary: Damn.

Followed promptly by a collection of loud sighs.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 13:25   #163
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK blinked the podium and rose his arms.*

And now, for our last quarter-final of this Championships... In the Rusty Corner, a white mage that needs no introduction... Heiroooo!

*Heiro's ready-room opens out, clouds of smoke begin pouring through little holes.*

And his opponent tonight, a Psychic renegade... Baakaaan!

*Bakan's ready room opens out, AcidK had already blinked away at this point, music began blearing and small spouts of fire began to bust near the doorway.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 17:48   #164
Heiro
'Mael'

Hehe

Heiro laughs to himself loudly echoing through his small minded… mind.

A fight with Bakan, you’ve got to be joking.
Not at all, it’s what it says on this sheet here…
Really? I guess it can’t be helped then.

That had been a day ago, when he’d found out. His other half wasn’t so good at communicating such vital things as Insane Fighting Arena tournaments. Though it does explain why they got in, and why oh why they were entered to fight bakan. His other half is technically insane. Stretching his mind back to the last time he fought bakan he discovers to his immediate dislike of the situation that he not only lost, he lost in spectacular style. And now they tell him he’s next. He hears his entrance music being played, and sweat starts running, as it always does when nerves kick in. Heiro prods Heiro, the other one at least, who seems to be sleeping. He stands up, if you can call it standing, and wanders to his other eye to get the fight underway. Striding out into the arena through the smoke, Heiro begins to feel he looks the part dressed in his long white wool robe, a flower adorning the left hand sleeve, a tree motif rising high along the right hand one. Brushing his hair behind his ears, he raises his left hand, which begins to glow white, and flourishes, to the crowds wonder, with the right. Cherry blossom explodes around him, showering into the air, gasps coming from the crowd. Heiro smiles, and with his right hand, quickly tucks the bag of blossom back into his long robes.

People are always the same.
Yep, cheap magic is the only way to please.
Good uses of a light spell though.
Yeah, I do agree.

Reaching the centre of the arena, he waits for bakan’s appearance, knowing not only that he’ll be upstaged, but outfought and seriously injured at the same time. Nodding to Acid, he pushes one hand inside the other hands robes and clasps his wrists, waiting

Thank god I’ve still got some tricks up my sleeve…
And mine too...
Yes. And yours to...
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 18:44   #165
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Ryon always had a fondness of cheap magic... including light spells... and he laughed with joy when he saw Hiero come out on the stage. How he admired anyone that used magic.

"Go Hiero!" Ryon's eyes exploded in green blazing fire as he ushered his dark wind to send the flowers higher into the air.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 22:05   #166
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Interviewer: “So you feel that this will be a easy match?”

*Standing in the middle of his locker room, Bakan slowly and methodically gets ready. Already clad in his battle-jumpsuit and heavy combat boots, Bakan shrugs on the combat vest, it’s comforting weight due to his adamantium mesh comforted him. Looking over at the flunky interviewer next to him, Bakan grunted to himself.*

Bakan: “Obviously no, I beat Heiro once before, but he has had time to prepare. I too have had time to prepare, but preparation can only do so much.”

Interviewer: “That’s why you have all that….. that... stuff here?”

*On the table in front of him was all his equipment, laid out in a nice organized fashion. Grabbing his various grenades, Bakan scattered them along his vest, taking care to make sure they all were ready to be pulled at a moments notice. His throwing knifes and poisoned needles where next, concealed in several places. Next went his Tachyon Pistols under his shoulders and Desert Eagles on either hip, each fully loaded, and their spare clips scattered on his belt. Strapping on his gauntlets, Bakan smiled as he felt their weight, and twisted his wrists, and nodded in satisfaction at the freedom of movement.*

Bakan: “Of course, you can’t be to prepared. Anyways, you better leave, I have to get ready here.”

*Turning his back, Bakan grabbed his trenchcoat and puts it on. Then came his sword, lying on the table in its scabbard. It was a new sword, still untested in battle, yet it’s maker Planetkiller said that it would be just as, if not better than his previous sword. Grabbing it, Bakan placed it in the slot in the back of his trenchcoat. Finally he grabbed his M.A.P.R. rifle, and hefted it, checking its weight. Grabbing the first set of reloads, he slammed them into places, and smiled as the pulse rounds shot up to 100, and a small red light went on as the spikes loaded. Holding it one handed, Bakan walked out of his locker room and towards the arena itself.*

Shortly Thereafter

*Standing at the closed doors that led to the entrance, Bakan slowly put on his sunglasses. Grabbing his M.A.P.R. rifle in both hands and bringing it up to his shoulder, Bakan inhaled, then exhaled slightly as the doors slowly opened, jumping forward and landing in a crouch, rifle aimed at Heiro.*

*Standing still for a moment, Bakan watched Heiro exit on the opposite side, then did something with his hands. His sunglasses filtering the light, Bakan saw his “sleight-of-hand” with the bag containing the flowers, and smiled. While he had magical talent, he apparently still used simple tricks. Seeing him reaching the center of the arena, and crossed his hands, apparently waiting for Bakan to strike first. Bakan was more than ready to accept the invitation.*

*Rolling to the side, Bakan came out of the roll running to the left, then skidded to a stop, rifle still aimed at Heiro, then squeezed the trigger. The rifle, designed to minimize kick-back as much as possible, shook slightly as it fired it’s 10mm caseless armor-tipped explosive bullets, or pulse rounds as he called them. Holding the trigger down, Bakan smiled to himself as Heiro’s torso exploded in blood as the bullets struck him, exploding on contact, with successive bullets tearing deeper into Heiro, destroying internal organs, bones and muscles, along with skin of course. As Heiro staggered back from the impacts, Bakan’s thumb casually hit a switched, then he paused firing, noting that he fired about 37 shots, then pull the trigger. The underbarrel of the rifle jerked as it magnetically shot a 30cm spike. Sailing true, it stabbed deep into Heiro’s throat a matter of nano-seconds.*

*Seeing the spike now embedded in Heiro’s throat, Bakan hoped that his spinal cord was severed, and that a severed spinal cord would hinder him. In any case, Bakan sprinted towards Heiro, firing the pulse rounds again into Heiro’s body, this time aiming more towards his head, ready to dodge to the side if the need arose.*
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 22:19   #167
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

"The mayham!!!! The Insanity!" Someone screamed inside his box.

Ryon's hand flashed to backhand a civilian that had somehow entered his private viewing box. The idiot fell amongst the other chairs and Ryon stood from his seat.

"Never yell inside my box again! SIT DOWN!"

Ryon sat back down and returned his attention toward the fight.

ooc// I am soo bored ooc//
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 22:41   #168
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro reels from the shots, thudding his shoulders back and forward with each impact. Raising his hands, he watches as the bullets shatter through his skin on the arms, allowing blood to free flow onto the arms of his robe. Looking at his chest, he notes the mess and begins to worry, dismissing it as childish behavior. Within half a second of looking, he continues shaking his shoulders forward and back. Watching bakan finish shooting, he reels some more, shaking as he had under the other 37 impacts. Writhing to a stop, he watches the spike shoot toward his neck. Flicking his right hand up and rolling hard to his left, he catches the blade as it enters the first inch of his neck. Smiling he gurgles blood and spits it out before clambering from the rising dust and turning to face Bakan, blood running down onto his chest.

“Are you finished?”
His other mind takes a moment to surface before speaking:
“Because you should know better than that”

Opening his hand on the magnetic material, he lets it fall into the settling dust. Catching his breath, he as a short executive meeting inside his mind, both Heiro’s and a representation of the body present.

So?
I say we kill him
Well Duh.
Thank you for that input body, let’s however, just put it on a backburner for a moment and considers this from a tactical point of view.
We kill him…
Thank you other half. I know that very well.
…With the following plan…
At last, someone thinks.

The body shambles three steps forward, the dust now completely settled from before. Bakan, unawares, stands under a cloud of falling cherry blossom. Smiling, heiro remembers his joy when he collected it. Raising his robes quickly over his shoulders, he neatly discards them, to reveal his upper body untouched by bullet holes, but like his silk leggings covered in blood. Dipping his head, he places his hands neatly on his stomach, apon which, within seconds, a large black tattoo with five points sealed within two regular hexagons appears. Words resonate from Heiro’s mouth, a small prayer it seems, and as he raises his head, to the crowd’s surprise, a white light engulfs him spreading quickly from his body into the air where it settles in a perfect sphere, flickering and drawing power from the surrounding people. Raising his hand to a symbol of defiant gesture, he points at the cloud of blossom settling around bakan. The light leaps through the air, hitting each piece, which as if infused with his life force, leaps down and begins slashing at bakan. The cloud of around 100 pieces begins cutting into his exposed face, before sweeping inside his coat, entering from the sleeves and open front, cutting through the leather with remarkable ease, shredding into whatever flesh it finds. Within 30 seconds the cloud parts company with bakan, rising in a tornado of leaves into the air before spreading out and bursting, their power spent, before dropping slowly to the floor.

Heiro smiles at his ‘cheap trick’.

“All conjurers have reasons for their tricks. Now, for my second…”

Heiro touches his stomach and whispers three words of power. It begins to glow blue with each passing second, until it roars a bonfire of magical power. His smile gone now, heiro points again at the last fluttering petals, and they fly to his outstretched hand. Closing his fingers tightly, he looks again at bakan.

“This trick is performed with the aid of my own blood. You shall enjoy it, and I thank you for such power”

Looking at his hand, Heiro allows his jubilant look to slowly creep onto his face. Gesturing with his raised hand, he drops into his well known fencing style dueling pose, before opening his fingers. As he does so, his tattoo abruptly stops glowing, releasing whatever power it held tight. Smiling now, he looks at this creation, 42” of steel with a pink tint, with a flowery pattern engraved along the hilt up high into the blade. Grasping it’s hilt and giving it a selection of test swings, heiro begins to advance on bakan. Breaking into a run, Heiro covers the meters remarkably quickly. Lunging to his left, He slashes with his blade of flower, before reaching onto his back and drawing his other, normal sword. Fighting with two weapons now, Heiro launches into a series of brutal cuts, high, low, sweeping to the left and the left again, before lunging into bakan with a horrible clatter against his armour. Slashing the flower blade again, Heiro slices Bakan’s rifle from his grasp, before a terrible second swing which slashes the glasses from this face. Pressing in, he begins to attack again…
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 05:03   #169
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Grunting with displeasure as Heiro was able to catch the spike, Bakan started to move from his firing position when Heiro spoke some words, something along the lines of “how he should know better”, and with a wave of his hand, sent beams of light into the flower petals. Bakan also noted that the pulse rounds had no true effect, for while they did cause damage, Heiro was able to cast a spell, probably started the moment he entered with the crossing of his hands. A tactical mistake, not concentrating fire on the Heiro’s hands, which might have prevented the spell from being started. Now with the flower petals that he should have paid more attention to were streaking in towards him, looking unusually sharp and deadly, almost hungry for blood.*

*Ducking down in a crouch, Bakan covered his face with his arms, and with a slight squeeze of the forearm muscles, activated the arm-shields installed on his gauntlets. The shields, each 1-meter in diameter activated shimmering a pale blue, rippling with energies. Bringing them so that they covered most of his face, Bakan watched as most of petals struck the shields and vaporized in tiny puffs of smoke, filling the air with the sickly sweet aroma of burning foliage. The rest of the flower petals streaking into him struck at his coat, shredding parts of it and a few lucky ones managed to get close to his face, nicking at it. The nicks were relatively minor, but he saw that in great numbers, they could be quite deadly.*

*Remarkably quick, the attack flew away from him. Looking up Bakan saw the tornado of leaves fly upwards and burst, then drop to the ground. Apparently they had a limited lifespan, which was good, for otherwise Bakan would be immobile. Now however, with that assault done with, Bakan could once again act against Heiro. Standing up, and still holding his M.A.P. rifle, Bakan heard Heiro mutter something about “All conjurers have reasons for their tricks. Now, for my second…”. *

*Guessing that this would be bad, Bakan started to take several steps back. Since his M.A.P. rifle was at first ineffective, it still might have some use, thus he held onto it. Besides, it also DID slow him down for a bit, just that 37 pulse rounds didn’t seem to have the typical effect of turning the target into a inert mass of decaying flesh. In his other hand, Bakan started to focus his psychic energies, figuring that giving Heiro a nasty surprise would be a nice response. Mentally working on the energies, Bakan prepared them as Heiro created a pink sword decorated with flower engravings, and as he pulled out another as he ran towards Bakan, rapidly advancing. With his first series of swings he managed to strike Bakan’s M.A.P. rifle, sending it flying away, while Bakan kept dodging and weaving, BARELY avoiding his sunglasses being sliced off. His energies however were focused and ready. Ducking under a double-slash, Bakan slammed his open palms into the ground.*

“KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUSTSU!!!”
(subtitle: Shadow Clone Skill)

*Right when he cast the skill, Bakan remembered the introduction to the Arena.*

Flashback

AcidK: “…finally the official rules also include no cloning of any sort. These rules WILL BE enforced!”

Now

*Remembering that rule, Bakan quickly attempted to cancel the psychic skill, for loss by disqualification would be, bad really. However it was to late. Quickly drawing his energies back into him, Bakan groaned as with a puff of smoke, a clone of himself appeared. A clone however that was transparent, laying on the ground twitching with it’s tongue sticking out, obviously unable to do anything. Normally that ability, with the amount of power Bakan was channeling into it, would have created 20 clones of himself, each able to do damage, yet one solid hit would disapate them. Instead with the rapid shunt of psychic energies away from the clone creation, all that was created was one, barely functional clone that even the worst novice student couldn’t make. Looking at Heiro, Bakan grins slightly.*

“Whoops.”

*Springing into action, Bakan put all his weight onto his hands and launched his feet over him while Heiro was still slightly distracted as the defective clone disappeared, kicking with both feet in the jaw. Smiling as he heard the loud CRACK of breaking bone, Bakan swung his feet to the side and spun away from the flying swords, creating some distance between the two. Moving his arm to his face, covering it, Bakan squeezed his fist, activating another hidden system. Ten long, yet incredibly sharp needles shot out from the gauntlets, easily tearing through his trenchcoat and into Heiro. Smiling as he saw one of them sticking out of one of Heiro’s eyes, along with his throat, parts of his chest and arm, Bakan rolled forward. The needles were tipped with a potent drug, a drug that first causes complete muscle relaxation upon contact. The second effect would be the surrounding nerves dying, rotting away essentially, at least, in a normal human being. Against Heiro, the effects may be temporary at best, however they would buy Bakan a few seconds.*

*Coming out of his roll, Bakan raised his right arm and squeezed again, extending from the gauntlet a 50-centimeter panatheum spike. Coming in range of Heiro, Bakan shot up and slashed, opening up a deep vertical wound in Heiro’s chest. Spinning in place, Bakan extended his left arm, from which that gauntlet shot out a similar panatheum spike, and slashed open a horizontal cut on Heiro. Coming out of the spin, the two spikes covered in blood retracting, Bakan deftly grabs one of his grenades, pulls the pin and shoves into the center of the two slashes, already apparently healing, deep into Heiro’s inner body.*

*Pushing himself away, Bakan reached over his back and pulled out his 2K-T Emerald Custom Katana, while watching Heiro. Ducking slightly, Bakan counts down the 3-second delay on the grenade. The grenade was a cryo-grenade, designed to freeze a target area within seconds. Inside a target, it would make things REALLY chilly, to the point hopefully where metabolic functions would stop. There is no loud explosion or noise as the grenade detonates, mostly due to it being inside Heiro, yet the results are apparent instantly. His entire torso, with the two slash wounds still healing, turns a dark blue, and Heiro’s breath starts to frost instantly. That should put a nice cramp in his style, which is why at that point Bakan leaps at Heiro, swinging his sword towards Heiro’s neck, intending to severe his head from his body, then to destroy both to make sure the deed was done.*
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 11:24   #170
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro grins back at bakan as he cancels his skill.

“You really should know better…”

This distraction was enough to create an opening in his guard. Cursing inwardly, he and his other self continue to look on in horror at the incoming bakan, cursing again at his inability to dodge such a simple attack. His face shifts backward during the impact of the large boots, the thudding crack of his broken face causing the crowd to wince. Heiro, under the impact, slides backward through the gravel, dust fluttering up around him and bakan. Moving his left arm up to wipe his mouth, Heiro smirks, and then begins to wish he hadn’t as pain lances through his smiling face. Painfully, he says:

“Not bad, it’ll take a lot of those to kill me, and the bones in my ear are quite hard to break”

However, this break it seems was distracting enough. Whistling through the air, a score of needles covered in poison lance toward his exposed flesh. Heiro(s) curses out loud this time.
“SShhiitt”
Flicking his right hand forward and throwing his weight onto his left foot, Heiro leaps three feet into the air, propelling himself into the mass of needles. Catching the first, aimed for his head with remarkable ease, Heiro proceeds to catch the second, aimed for his chest, then the third, between his fingertips this time, aimed for his eyes. Twirling around, he catches the last one with his toes, back flipping and releasing it mid flip. Heiro watches as needle neatly flies through the air above him, sailing back down under gravities acceleration. Smirking, he moves to catch it with the last space on his right hand. Looking back at bakan, and taking a step forward, he forgets to catch the needle, and within half a second, feels it buried in the top of his shoulder. Slamming his right fist down onto his leg in rage, he curses again as he buries the handful of needles deep into it
“Well. I guess that hurt.”
“…”
“I reaaaaalllllllyyyyyy doooooo agre…..”
“I thi..nkkkkkk…. wwweeee’lll ppasss oouuuttt nnnooo….”
Heiro collapses to his knees, and then wavers as both of him see bakan approaching, a large metal spike popping neatly from his gauntlet. Watching on helplessly he waits for the cuts. The rest, as they say… is history.
However, Heiro wouldn’t know, he passed out around now.

Shaking his face he begins pulling himself together. Flexing his hands he finds that he can not only move them, but can move them with ease. Looks like the other half cured the poison, which would be no mean feat with half of him wanting to be unconscious. Come to think of it, he thinks slowly to himself, I do feel somewhat cold…
Opening his eyes, he looks at the horrid gash on his chest. Whilst closed, the damage, apparently, had still been done. Frostbite cuts through his wall against pain with ease, feeling the blood that should be flowing frozen inside his veins. Trying to take a breath, he finds himself hacking and no air entering his lungs. Realization hits him like a sledge hammer to the face. You’re dying. Taking a second to compose himself, he promptly panics, this thoughts erratic and his body struggling to take solace in his absolute power to regenerate. Crying out into his mind, he wonders what the hell he can do to save himself. Looking at the options, he tries to breathe again, and his chest burns with the icy sealant stopping him. Thinking he…

Don’t worry, speak the word and I’ll fix it.
What? I was in the middle of a melodramatic death sequence! Why do you always spoil it!
It was so real… I was worried!
You know that wouldn’t kill us!
Yes…
Then what do you say…
I’m sorry?
Yes. I’m glad to hear it…

…sits up. The dust settled from his sudden lack of movement ruffles back into the air, and like a DVD on 32 speed rewind he lurches back into the air, a smile crossing his face. Heiro looks down at his chest now, and he slides his right hand, palm flat, across it. He smiles as the illusion covering his bullet wounds vanishes, and the frozen holes begin to heal just like everything else. Slowly, of course.

“Tag”
“Oooh. Thank you!!”

White light shimmers around Heiro, and he breathes out. White icy mist passes into the air, and he winks at bakan and continues to breathe out. Hacking and coughing, he smiles as the freezing cold lungs crack and begin to thaw. Coughing and hacking some more, he opens his mouth and, with a harsh movement with his two longest fingers, forces himself to vomit. Retching nothing but dark grey air, Heiro continues his coughing fit until a cloud around 5 metres finishes erupting from his stomach. Coughing politely a final puff of black cloud passes out from his body. Stretching, he watches as the cloud drifts high into the air. Once it reaches a nice altitude, it begins to spread, before, quaintly; it begins to leech snow into the sky. Drifting down over the field of battle, Heiro raises his left hand and catches a small flake, before smiling at bakan.

Raising his hands heiro gestures to his blades, and as if possessed they fly neatly though the air. He deftly catches them, surging forward in an effort to counterattack. The katana whistles toward his throat, and with a swift motion, he parries it. His steel sword splinters, and Bakans katana itches toward his throat, threatening to decapitate him. As the last remaining section of his blade splinters the katana enters his throat, and in a show of blood true to the anime genre, spraying blood across the blade, bakans arm and exposed face, instantly freezing them solid from the sheer cold.

“We’ve needed the air conditioning unit fixed for some time. Thanks, again.”

Slamming the blade of the flower sword hard into Bakan’s chest and through his armour, heiro coughs up some more blood. Ducking under the frozen sword, he kicks bakan in the kneecap, before drawing his flower sword from bakan’s bleeding stomach. Heiro giggles as he sees the wound sprouting crops of grass and white flowers. Kicking his kneecap again, he fluidly cuts at bakans frozen blade, forcing a crack into the cold metal. Using his splintered blade, heiro stabs himself, dripping frozen blood into the crack, where it freezes and expands, splintering his sword into two halves. Driving a downward cut into bakan’s sword arm, he shatters the surface leather and armour, hacking deep into his wrist until he can feel the warm blood flowing over his blade. Drawing it clear, he leaps backward, kicking off bakan and forcing him to the floor. Raising his right hand Heiro releases a white light, a light spell, and a small ball begins to glow, casting shadow over bakan. Chanting a collection of words in a language with coarse words, rubbing the ears like glass over sandpaper, Heiro tosses his frozen broken sword high into the air. Pushing his left hand forward; he finishes his incantation not a second too late. The sword cuts into the arena floor behind bakan, at the neck of his shadow.

“Shadow Pinning Technique!”

Smiling, Heiro looks at Bakan, and then explains the nature of such an attack.

“You sir, are trapped, unable to move. The shadow you see, whilst artificial remains even without this light. If your shadow cannot move, then nor can you. A skill you need to learn, I think. Oh, and I believe this is yours”

Raising both his hands, Heiro takes three steps forward. Closing the bottom three fingers on both hands into a fist he raises the thumbs on each into a locked vertical position. Dropping the left hand thumb, he makes the noise of a gunshot with his mouth, whilst simultaneously spitting a high velocity lump of metal from the earlier gunshot wounds at bakan. Raising and dropping his thumbs, he fires every single bit from inside his body, some still covered in blood, some frozen to the point of disintegration on impact. Three shots from this style sneak past bakans armour, slamming into his exposed flesh underneath. Still heiro continues firing. A shot smashes into the lense of the glasses, cutting into bakan’s eye, and a final shot cuts deep into the flesh on his left arm. Clicking to empty, heiro sighs, and looks around for something else to use as a weapon. Finding nothing he quickly moves to his left and clicks the thumbs back up.

“Awww, f**kit!”

White light explodes around Heiro, and clicking his thumbs down he sends three volleys of pure white energy lancing into Bakan’s immobile body. Blood sprays across the arena from these impacts with a half a second delay between each. Heiro draws his flower sword, and with a single step launches a vaulting lunge toward bakans own throat…
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 00:02   #171
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Coughing, Bakan felt part of his mind feel shock on seeing blood fly from his mouth. Hacking some more, Bakan felt the raw pain from the metal that was impaled through his chest. Looking at the person who yielded the sword, his enemy in this tournament, who’s face was also bloodstained and battered, much like Bakan’s probably was, Bakan smiled slightly as he felt darkness creep up along the sides of his vision. Coughing some more as he felt Heiro tug at the blade, trying to yank out the sword, but Bakan’s left hand clutched it into his chest, holding it in place, ignoring the hand that felt like it was on fire, feeling warm from his own blood as with each heartbeat more and pumped out of his life-blood.*

Is this…. what death…. Is like….. staring into…… the face…. Of my…… enemy…..

*Looking at Heiro, Bakan’s mind started to wander, going back over the past few minutes of his match.*

Earlier

*Watching Heiro as the effects of the cyro-grenade wore on him, Bakan was impressed on how he was still able to function. At first it seemed that he had managed to actually kill him, but it was all a illusion. Speaking of illusions, it was interesting to note that most of the rapid healing on Heiro’s part WAS a illusion, for rather than the wounds being completely healed, they were in fact slowly healing, many of them still bleeding. Seeing him exhale as he came in to swing, Bakan knew that this fight was far from over as he flew through the snow.*

*That thought was confirmed with Heiro’s swords flew back towards him and he parried Bakan’s counter-attack, costing him his steel sword as it shattered into thousands of pieces, for it was not up to the quality of Bakan’s 2K-T Custom Katana, and it drew blood, amazing large amounts of blood as it slit Heiro’s throat. Blinking his eyes to clear away the blood, Bakan started to feel chilly, so very cold. Heiro was smart, using his super-chilled blood like that, and obviously knew it for he made a crack about “fixing air conditioning”*.

*Heiro used that opportunity to stab out at Bakan with his other sword, managing to slide through the body armor links and nick Bakan. Gasping with pain as the sword slid into his flesh, Bakan gritted his teeth as Heiro managed to duck under his swing. Swearing as his kneecap was kicked, Heiro struck at Bakan’s sword, trying to break it. Parrying it along, Bakan focused his psychic energies into the sword-blade, heating it up, preventing it from suffering any freezing damage. Heiro, who just stabbed himself to pour more super-chilled blood onto the sword then swings, catching Bakan on his sword arm, the gauntlet managing to deflect the blow enough to avoid the limb being completely cut off. Heiro then kicks off of Bakan, sending him to the floor and getting back, which Bakan silently thanks him for, for a little space would give him a chance to act, a chance that Heiro didn’t seem to want to give him as he summoned white light in his right hand.*

*Oddly, despite the light, Bakan saw darkness around him, as if the light, instead of lighting up the area, was actually sucking it away. Reaching towards his right under-shoulder, Bakan grabbed the holster of his Tachyon pistol, then suddenly felt himself unable to move. Grunting, Bakan tried to pull the pistol out from his holster as Heiro yelled out “Shadow Pinning Technique”, then went on how Bakan was trapped.*

*Swearing at the abilities Heiro was pulling out, seemingly from his ass, Bakan pushes himself, trying to pull the pistol clear. His efforts were rewarded with pain as something flies past him, cutting open his cheek. Another line of pain appeared on his other cheek, and Bakan saw that somehow Heiro was shooting the fragments of the pulse rounds that Bakan had firing into him earlier. Feeling several of them punch through his armor, Bakan, instead of giving into the pain, used it. Gritting his teeth mentally, his mouth opened in a silent scream, and ever so slowly, pulled his Tachyon pistol clear of its holster. Another shot, a flash of pain, and Bakan’s vision turned partially a ugly red and black color, and great pain erupted like a wave from Bakan’s eye as his eyeball was punctured. Screaming audibly now, Bakan used the pain, using it like raw fuel to his muscles to pull against the shadow, bringing the Tachyon pistol to bear on Heiro’s body as he waved his hands, sending beams of light into Bakan.*

*Another scream as Bakan felt his flesh burn, and his nose inhaled the sickly sweet smell of his own flesh burning as great wounds opened on his body, surrounding by burns. Seeing Heiro lunge towards him, Bakan gritted his teeth, and forced himself to aim his left hand. Time seemed to slow as Heiro approached, and Bakan saw him smile, for this spell had him pinned solidly. Bakan saw every wound on Heiro’s body, his torso that was still turning a dark blue. For some reason, Bakan started to think on how it was strange that Heiro didn’t yank out the cyro-grenade already, for it’s effects continued for several minutes if left unattended. Seeing the flesh continue to freeze, and starting to crack under the strain of Heiro’s own movements put strains on the freezing flesh. All this flashed through Bakan’s mind in a instant, with the realization that he would not be able to hit Heiro in time. In desperation, Bakan screamed loudly and fired, jerking his hand.*

*The Tachyon pistol fired, sending out a bright blue beam, which in reality was the aftereffect of the blast. The blast itself was faster-than-light, making the time between firing and impact barely measurable. Heiro’s left hand, the one not grabbing the sword suddenly exploded in a spray of blood as part of it exploded. As the blood, all to slowly sprouted from the wound, Bakan smiled as he saw Heiro now missing his thumb and index finger and part of his middle finger on his left hand. However, that was not enough, for Heiro continued on down, sword extended. Then, time seemed to accelerate, and Bakan gasped as he felt the sword pierce his armor and slide into his flesh. Like a hot knife through butter, it burrowed it’s way between Bakan’s top ribs, sliding through the flesh and muscle, grating against bone, then with a large anime style spray of blood, bore it’s way out through Bakan’s back.*

*With a soul-shaking scream, Bakan fell to his knee as waves of pain from the sword swept through his body. A detached part of his mind figured that due to the impact, Heiro decided to let the Shadow spell dissipate, for any person could see that the sword wound was fatal. His hands, numbed from shock dropped their respective weapons. Watching them spin in mid-air as it fell, Bakan closed his remaining good eye, and focused as he heard them clatter to the ground with a finality sound. He would have only moments, moments before the blood loss and shock would render him unable to act. Opening his eye, bloodshot, he glared at Heiro, then moved his shaking left hand up to where the sword entered his chest, and grabbed the blade tightly. Barely aware of the pain coming now from his hand, Bakan started to hack onto Heiro, covering him with his blood and vomit.*

Now

*Looking at Heiro, Bakan smiled as his hands started to shake. Death was all to near; so close Bakan could practically taste her. He still had one last thing before he could go to her, to enter her embrace. Concentrating, Bakan flicked his right hand in a deft move, despite it shaking slightly, and channel psychic energies into it, weaving the abilities, pushing past the pain. The hand itself starts to crackle with energy, almost like electricity and weaved around it. Feeling himself starting to slip towards the darkness, Bakan grinned even wider at Heiro.*

“Death….. is only…….. a doorway……. Down infinite paths……..”

*Using his last energy, Bakan shot his right hand forward, leading with his final retort. The poisoned needle, so thin, looking so delicate met Heiro’s flesh like a lovers kiss. The tip of it easily punched through the thin flesh that composed Heiro’s eyelid, and slid on through into bone. Resistance was met, before it tore through and the tip touched Heiro’s brain. The rest of Bakan’s fingers spread out and straightened, and followed the needle in. Each of them punching through or simply pushing the soft tissue of the eyelid away, Bakan fought against a renew sense of nausea, tightened his fingers, and pulled. His hand came free easily enough, with a new friend, Heiro’s eyeball, complete with blood vessels, parts of the optic nerve and blood. Laughing, Bakan squeezed his fingers, crushing the eyeball into a gooey red and white paste, then deftly moved his right hand in a blur and slapped the base of Heiro’s neck, sending the built up energy right into it.*

*Heiro’s instinctive reaction to jerk backwards gave his tugging of the sword extra strength and it slid out, causing more of his blood to spray out onto Heiro. Smiling at Heiro’s bloodied face, with the end of the needle sticking out of his now empty eye-socket, Bakan saw the confusion as Heiro felt his limbs not response properly. The Chuusuusei Biribiri, or the Central Nervous System Electrical Shock had that effect, scrambling the signals the brain sent to the rest of the body, making one limb move when instead of another. The effects would wear off, after several minutes, but it was a final gift that Bakan wanted to give Heiro for now. Satisfied, Bakan let the darkness take him, and fell forward, limp, dead-weight. As his vision faded as the ground rushed up, Bakan saw on the remains of his glasses H.U.D. the time, 14:15:12.65.*

Looking around, Bakan felt a strange feeling. Looking at Heiro, a perfect expression of pain, frozen in a single moment of him. Looking at his body, he saw the horrible wounds inflicted upon his body. Taking a glance at Heiro, he felt nothing looking at the missing eye, the bullet holes, the twin slashes that he inflicted upon him. Watching one drop of blood float in mid-air, Bakan felt strangely at peace. Seeing flickers of light, seemingly behind him, Bakan turned and saw a glowing portal of light. Unlike Heiro’s orbs of light that he generated during the battle, this one seemed to send out waves of peace and tranquility. Walking towards it, Bakan turned back towards his body and Heiro, their forms still frozen in the midsts of combat. Then to the side, was another portal, smaller, yet it sent out nothing. Walking towards it, Bakan saw that it was near his original starting position, which coincidently was behind Heiro. Stepping towards it, Bakan looked at the larger, brighter portal and smiled ruefully, then stepped into the grey one.

A strange tingling sensation then filled Bakan. Looking at himself for the first time, Bakan saw his hands start glimmering with energy. The rest of his body was the same, the energy slowly intensifying. The feeling of weight, mass filled Bakan, and he experimentally closed his hands as the energy become solid. To the side another glode of energy formed, turned into a rifle-shaped mass. Reaching over, Bakan grabbed it, and smiled as it solidified more and more into his M.A.P. rifle. Looking at himself, the energy now had turned into flesh, with the pulsing of blood filling his veins. Smiling, he aimed his M.A.P. rifle at Heiro’s back, and waited.

*RESPAWN*

*Appearing at the entranceway, Bakan glanced at his H.U.B. It blinked back the time: “14:15:12.80”. With a tight grin, Bakan fired his M.A.P. rifle. A single spike shot from the underbarrel, traveled at incredible speeds, and stabbed into Heiro’s back, who was still standing over the location were Bakan’s former body was, for upon respawning, his body was turned into energy, rebuilt, weapons reloaded and restored, and reconstituted into the body he was in now. The spike, unconcerned with the mechanics of repawning, tore through Heiro’s body, with the rear end shooting out several spikes, and forcibly stopped itself via the spikes latching into Heiro’s back. The front end burst through Heiro’s frozen torso, creating a shattering effect, making his entire super-chilled torso cracking, with large sections of flesh dropping off. The nose of the spike blinked, and if Heiro choose to look down, he would see a stick figure with a yellow face sticking a tongue out, and one of it’s hands obviously pointing it’s middle finger at Heiro. Of course, Heiro needed to look in the millisecond post-impact before the spike exploded.*

*As the spike exploded, Bakan recalled hearing about another one of Heiro’s battles, one with Richpur. In that battle he had gotten torn in half, and still was able to fight. Running forward, Bakan slung his rifle over his shoulder and focused his psychic energies. Watching the ball of flame and smoke, Bakan clearly saw Heiro’s upper body shoot upwards, while his lower body, consisting of hips and legs shot down and away. His psychic energies channeled and ready, Bakan planted both hands on the ground and silently whispered a few words for dramatic effect.*

“Kirigakure no Jutsu.”
(subtitle: Hidden Mist Skill)

*Where his hands touched the ground, a tiny portal opened, and a thick fog rolled out. Several meters to either side, another set of portals opened, releasing fog, and more portals opened up. By the time, Heiro’s torso landed on the ground, the entire area was filled with tiny portals emitting a thick fog. When Bakan heard Heiro’s body land, he closed the portals up, for by that point they were unnecessary. The fog, brought in from a very humid dimension had a hidden twist., it took all the moisture already in the arena, and condensed it as well, making the fog even thicker, and helped it cover the entire arena even quicker. The fog now was so thick that Bakan could barely see his arms. Smiling to himself, Bakan’s glasses automatically started giving him images of the arena in the infer-red and ultra-violet spectrums, while actively screening against unusual increases in signals. In addition, he closed his eyes for a second, focusing, and when they opened, if one could see them, the whites were a dark red. To Bakan, his vision, enhanced by the glasses was a little blurry, but he was able to make out the hazy images of Heiro’s two halves.*

*Seeing the two sections of Heiro, each about 20 meters from each other, Bakan sprinted towards the closest one. As he approached he was able to make out a pair of legs. Not Heiro’s torso, but still an opportunity. Keeping his distance from both, for he didn’t know what surprises Heiro had in store, Bakan raised his M.A.P. rifle. Starting with firing another spike, this one a solid metal one, it drove its way through Heiro’s “sensitive area where most males have reproductive organs located”, the spike pinning the torso to the ground. Next pulling out a grenade, Bakan underhand threw it into the “top” of the section. The grenade sailed through the air and landed right in the middle of what appear to be Heiro’s lower intestines. The grenade automatically activated a proximity sensor, programmed to detonate with any movement except Bakan’s. Seeing the other half of Heiro about 20 meters away, Bakan unslung his M.A.P. rifle, took careful aim, and fired the pulse rounds into it, staying a healthy distance away and sprinting away from the legs and the mass, firing constantly.*
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 10:42   #172
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro spotted the needle just nanoseconds too late. Slamming into his eye, he felt a shudder of pain. Closing off the feelings to his face, he prepares for something last and ditch on the effort scale. Knowing his opponent was far from finished, He calls an emergency general meeting inside the comfort of the now open air skull.

My bloody window! He… Just stabbed it! I want my turn now!
Calm down. Don’t worry; there is plenty for the both of us.
Yes! And its damn cold in here, do something about it!
Ok… Be calm… Here’s what we’re going to do:

His remaining eye flicks open, staring down at bakan, or the space that was bakan, with a cold, black intent. Looking down at his chest was the last movement his brain could accomplish before all control disintegrated. Collapsing down onto his knees, Heiro began to panic, not something he relishes living with. Moving his arm to his left, he tries to watch for any signs of his bloody attacker, he finds his legs moving to his right. Trying to scream an insult at Bakan, he ends up poking himself in the remaining eye. Cursing softly to his other self, Heiro begins to get annoyed. Such reactions are for the weak, though, he begins to theorize, I am weak at this exact moment. Weak, strong, it’s all a matter of timing. Moving away from the semantics of weakness he begins to figure a way of out his situation. Finding only three viable alternatives, he sees a light in the grey areas of his peripheral vision, the points where his cones are thin, making life difficult. A white light, which he isn’t using, can mean only one thing. Trying to duck to his left, Heiro sighs inside his head, and prompty stands up straight, taking the impact from the spike high in his chest. Under the impact, his whole body slid forward along the floor, though, to his surprise, he remained upright. Blood began to run from the wound, freezing the spike in place, and even with the dexterity impairing neural poison, Heiro managed to catch one of the many lumps of his shattered flesh. Right at this moment, Heiro knew the spike was the only thing holding him together. Grasping the cryo-grenade husk from his stomach and swiftly pulling it clear, he turned around to face bakan. Or he would have done, but rather he hopped on one leg. Looking at the tip of the spike, Heiro cursed.

“You Bastar…”

The explosion first engulfed his stomach, passing high into his frozen gut area, first defrosting the wound, and then cauterizing it, leaving the top half, less intestines and reproductive organs safe from further damage. Tossed clear, high into the air, Heiro felt his mind opening up, and with a half hearted motion, tried to throw his sword. The real effect came out more as a drop, falling nearly 20 feet to the arena floor. Heat erupted around him, and unconsciousness began to creep up on him, blackness covering his eyes and a horrid white noise rushing to his ears.

“Not… Yet….”

Falling himself now, ever faster, Heiro slams into the floor of the arena some 15 feet from the blast, Cryo-grenade in his left hands remaining fingers. Slumping over, he passed out. His legs, however, did not. Also cauterized by the blast, not before blood spurted from the arteries before they were sealed. Thrown down into the base of the arena with such large force, the legs begin to quiver; some may even say they heard them go: Umph, Ouch. Now, with the scene set…

…Heiro begins to think of a way out of this one…

…Not an easy task, at all…

…Blinking his eyes open, Heiro wonders how long he was out. Not long enough it seems as he hears the trickling of the grenade on the nearby arena floor. He would say he could see it, except for a fog so thick, he can hardly see. Looking to his left, something he can thankfully do in his current state, and feeling the cold grenade inside his chilled palm, he lifts it close to his face, clicking open the side casing and checking the cryo charge remaining. The gauge reads less than a second, enough to freeze something solid for some time. Removing the capsule, and picking up a hunk of gravel, he tries to communicate with his other half inside his mind.

Go and take control of our legs.
Ok, but why?
When I signal, you’re to run and kick that grenade… And only when I signal, got it?
Yes, but why?
You’ll see. I’ll share my info with you telepathically, now move!
Sir, Yes SIR!

Clicking his fingers, heiro checks the movements of his left hand, followed briefly by his right. Reaching over, he tosses the grenade casing away from the proximity grenade. Raising his left hand again, he completes a pair of seals in combination with his right, and echoes a pair of words of power.
“Spirit sight” he whispers to himself, if anyone else.

Lifting his head, Heiro scans the arena slowly for any signs of souls, powerful magic or movement. To his left, he hears gunfire, and sees the strong red soul of bakan shooting at his legs. Pulsing a warning, he prays nothing happened to them…

…and his prayers were not answered. The other battle hardened mind rolled left, straight into a flying spike. Catching him in the groin, much to bakans surprise, he hears the torso shout yelp. Tearing itself upwards with a sickening retch, the legs dash off into the mist. Bakan tries to follow, only to find his heat sights unable to track his legs. Some way to his left, the torso shouts:
"Ah crap. That f*cking hurt..."
“…”
"Ah well it'll grow back."
Heiro sighs to himself, and promptly disappears from bakans scopes, his voice echoing in the mist:
“You can’t see us; our body temperature is similar to that of the mist. All that cyro-grenades fault…”
Now, my fine pair of friends
Ok, if you say so…

Flicking his fingers, Heiro watches the cryo-capsule sail through the air; flicking his other fingers, he hears, but doesn’t see, the small pebble shattering the cryo-liquid over the proximity grenade. Freezing liquid drops onto it, cooling it from above room temperature to way nearer to 0. Hearing his legs, he is unable to stop himself from shouting a bellowing warcry. Parting the mist, they come across the grenade, and his mind pulses the target info to them

To your left, 50 feet.
Gotcha.

Slamming the left foot into the frozen grenade, it beeps. Taking off from the floor, it whistles through the air, parting the mist half a meter from bakan’s face. Heiro smirks as he hears the detonation, rippling through his flesh and armour. Knowing it would only be a flesh wound, Heiro called his legs over. The moment he could see them, the moment after they kicked him in the ribs, Heiro begins to pull himself up back into his rightful place on top. Pressing his hands to his stomach, he finds his sudden lack of magic rather disturbing

We’re out of spells.
We are! Damn…
Ok, Prepare for the ultimate in healing magic…!

“SUMMON DUCT TAPE!!”

Wrapping his stomach in duct tape, he pieces the two parts together, slowly, and begins his turn walking off into the mist. Turning sharply, Heiro pulses the information that he can see something of magical power in the dust. Stopping suddenly after 5 steps, he bends over and looks at the dusty floor. Pushing aside the dust, he comes across a long bladed Katana, originally used by bakan. Looking at his hands, and the remaining unwrapped chest, Heiro rubs his hands in bakans wet, warm blood. Smiling, he grips the hilt of bakan’s katana. Feeling no shocks, he turns around swiftly, leaping after bakan. Sealing the controls of the blade with his mind, he splits it into two blades, and channeling his remaining energy through it. Clearing the final layer of the mist between bakan and himself, Heiro leaps, to reduce the sound to a minimum. Slashing with his left side, he deals a striking cut to bakans burned face, before lunging the right blade through his thigh. Feeling bakan’s energy pouring into him, Heiro charges a spell with his mind, before sealing the blades into one on the reverse pull to remove it from bakan’s leg. Spinning, he cuts bakan across the chest, and grasps his sunglasses with his remaining hand. Flicking them onto his face, he points his hand at bakan, a flurry of white energy encapsulating itself into a small ball in his palm. Echoing the words: Ra-tilt, Heiro smirks. The light engulfs bakan, slamming hard into his body, and passing into it, smashing into his spirit soon after. Cutting it like butter, he severs it from the spinal column, and begins to hack at it using his minds sharp energy charged blades. Once he feels happy with his spirit shattering attack, he plunges the blade through bakan’s guard, burying it into his stomach. Calling it to separate, he cuts bakan into two halves, before Disappearing back off into the mist…

[ooc] Sorry, it's kinda rushed. But... Play on people. [/ooc]
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 14:07   #173
Guess!!!

Guess!!! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm I'm gonna need some pop corn at this rate... this is good...
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 14:37   #174
Bakan
To Old to Die......

*Bakan’s two half’s met the ground with a meatly slapping sound, as his intestines unwound and spilled out onto the ground. A few scattered twitches, then the two halfs fell still, for unlike Heiro, they were not designed to function independently. Yet oddly, there was no blood, which is something that would normally be gushing out of him. If one were to take a closer look at the body, they would see nothing where Heiro just attacked, for standing behind him, with the blade of his sword slashes apart Heiro’s duct tape job, was Bakan, sans sunglasses, his eyes completely red and cracking with energy.*

Earlier

*Hearing a noise from where he left Heiro’s legs, Bakan turns, his Sharingan letting him see through the midst. Seeing a small object flying towards him, Bakan leans back and covers his face with his gauntlets, activating his energy shields. The shields activate just in time as the grenade explodes, this one being a normal explosive one, the flames and kinetic force crashing against his shields, making them ripple with effort as they try to maintain cohesion. The arm shields provide enough protect to prevent Bakan from anything but a few minor scraps and bruises. Closing down the shields, Bakan sprinted over to where the two halves of Heiro were meeting, his boots silent against the ground, making it difficult for anyone to hear him.*

*Coming close to Heiro’s location, Bakan’s Sharingan lets him see Heiro applying some sort of bandage to his torso. Smiling, Bakan entered the perhipherial range of Heiro’s missing eye, for his ability worked best when traveling through optic nerves, or what remained of them. Reaching into Heiro’s mind, Bakan was surprised to feel two entirely separate, yet intertwined presences in it, both vieing for control, both right now distracted on heal, and making plans to kill him.*

They already killed me once. I don’t feel like going through that again.

*Feeling the raw desperation in them, Bakan decided to give them hope. While the respawner automatically returned all his weapons to him, Bakan planted the hallucination of his sword laying on the ground near Heiro. It was relatively simple, for the sword itself Bakan had committed every spec to memory. The hallucination planted, Bakan reached over his back and grabbed the real deal, his 2K-T Emerald Custom Katana, and slowly as to not make noise pulled it clear. Bakan then added one more twist to Heiro’s hallucination before Heiro covered his hands in blood, apparently some of Bakans, as if that would bypass the neural reconizition software in the sword that scans the brainwaves/mental essence of it’s yielder, and charged, holding……. The roll of duct tape as of it was the hilt of a sword.*

*Standing still, Bakan watched Heiro approach, then slash out at his face with the roll of duct tape, as if there was a nice sword blade on it’s end. In Heiro’s mind, he just cut open Bakan’s face. His hands moving as if he was holding two swords, Heiro’s went into a dizzying series of slashes and cuts, obviously possessing great skill with the blade, yet due to not actually holding weapons, causing no damage. Walking away a bit, the hallucination apparently held as Heiro shot out a white blast where Bakan was, then continued to attack. Thrusting towards Bakan’s stomach, Heiro then shot both arms out, as if he split the sword and just cut Bakan in half. As he jumped away, in Heiro’s mind eye he saw Bakan fall to the ground, in two halfs, his own mind helping to expound on the details, but there were flaws. Now that he had made the final blow, Heirp lept back into the midst, with Bakan leaping to the side, then behind him to intercept him.*

Now

*With near surgical position, Bakan thrusted with his Katana, cutting of strips of Heiro’s ducted tape middle. The first slash caused Heiro to noticeably dip to his left, then next evened things out as internal parts of him readjusted to the lack of support. Kicking out to the back of Heiro’s head, Bakan landed in a crouch and spun, his Katana whistling through the air, and cut the rest of the duct tape in half. As Heiro once again began to fall, Bakan turned, holding a can with a simple label.*

WD-40

The basic rules of repair:
If it moves and it shoulden’t, use duct tape
If it dosen’t move and it should, use WD-40

*Spraying the WD-40 into Heiro’s exposed organs, Bakan smiled as the duct tape loosed some of its famous stickiness and support, and Heiro started to fall ever so slowely in two distinct halves. Bakan blinked once, and felt the rush of adrenaline, and focused on making that moment of time last as long as possible. Rapidly focusing his psychic energies into his left hand, he channeled them raw into a ball. Hovering over his hand, the raw energies crackled and rippled, as if they were trying to rip free of the ball, spinning faster and faster. Satisfied, Bakan then shot his palm forward with dizzying speed.*

“Rasengan!!!”
(Subtitle: Spiral Blast)

*The Rasengan struck Heiro’s upper back, and started to dig, chewing through the flesh and muscle as if it wasen’t even there. In training, Bakan could use this to punch straight through trees and buildings with remarkable ease, yet he now wanted to play with Heiro a bit. As the Rasengan dug into Heiro’s spine, chewing it up into tiny pieces the eye couldn’t see, Bakan released his control. The tightly wound psychic energies then released explosively with a loud “BOOM”, sending kinetic energy into Heiro, and sending his upper body flying up up and away, thanks to the WD-40 making his lower organs slippery and his skin resistant to duct tape. His legs also didn’t escape the effects and went flying forward also as they crumpled, the left one in particular as a white piece of bone broke it’s way through the flesh.*

*Running forward, Bakan drops a live cryo-grenade this time on the legs, which detonates on contact, freezing the legs solid to the point where they were ice, and any movement or disruption to them would most likely shatter them. By this point Bakan was several meters away, clear of the effects of the cyro-grenade, and holsters his sword. Watching the torso of Heiro fall, Bakan smiled, and clasped his hands together.*

“Sensatsu Suishou”
(Subtitle: Flying Psychic Needles)

*Tapping into the moisture, Bakan created large psychic “spikes” in the span of heartbeats. These spikes attracted the moisture in the air, creating a combination of water and psychic spikes, in a 10-meter by 10-meter square. Smiling at Heiro, Bakan fire them all at once. One spike would cause practically no damage, ten might made a person bleed, but what they ALL did was activate all pain receptors in the area where they hit for a few seconds, making that area feel like it was injured far worse than it actually was. Smiling, what Bakan just launched towards the falling torso of Heiro amounted to thousands, of spikes in a large square, that was perfectly aimed to hit Heiro with as many spikes as possible before he landed. Quickly guessing where Heiro would land, Bakan grabbed three high explosive grenade, activated their safety features to prevent them from exploding in his face if they came back towards him, and tosses them blinking towards Heiro’s projected landing site. Grabbing his sword, Bakan awaited to see what would happen, ready to defend himself with all possible means if it came to that.*

[ooc]Kinda crappy also, but I dunno if we finish today, and I gotta jet to brekfast, then a meeting all in the span of 20 minutes, YIKES!!!![/ooc]
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 01:33   #175
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Aaand thats it!

*AcidK appears in the centre of the arena, but this time he was in precaution. Splitting up a renowned mage as well as a renegade psychic is not the easiest of things to do. Every ounce of his concentration was now pushing these two back to their ready-rooms, almost knocking the Psychic Archancellor out. AcidK regained his posture and let out a small sigh.*

The judges will now take their time to read the last posts and make their final scores.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 07:50   #176
Heiro
'Mael'

[ooc] Nice post bakan, I really liked the middle one, but that last one wasn't exactly bad. Still. At least *I* didn't have to respawn [/ooc]

Heiro flies backwards, or what's left of him, into his starting room. Before the door shuts, he looks at AcidK, and with a quick word:

"All you had to do was say: Stop, I'd of left. It's not like I enjoy being beaten this much."

If Acid was looking carefully, he'd even see the legs, nodding in agreement...
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 22:56   #177
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Due to problems at the household as well as work and many other issues, the judges have prolonged the hand-in date for tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvinience and we will be back with the semi-finals shortly.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 18:09   #178
Heiro
'Mael'

Please, don't hurry yourself over us. Take your time, tis no real rush
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 11:43   #179
Heiro
'Mael'

*bump* [sorry about a double post]
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 13:06   #180
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

We are reading through the posts now and will have the results up later today, don't worry
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 22:47   #181
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-Ynten's Apology-
We of the IFA-C Judging Team are deeply sorry for the lateness of the results due to issues concerning myself as well as sepearate issues with Narcaleptic Frog. On a thankful note, these issues have been resolved and we are ready to once again put the IFA-C back into it's full swing. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.

However, due to the issues that have gone by, we are at this point unable to comment on the previous battle but are able to give it the required marks.

-Results-

-Heiro-
Aggression: 7
Total: 33

-Bakan:-
Style: 8
Aggression: 9
Damage: 7
Total: 32

-Ytnen's Comments-
Okay, I lied, I will comment on the battle...

Heiro and Bakan have shown an impressive side of their battle techniques and would be new rivals to the currently noted deadly pair (Noted by the judging team as Inspectre and Fluffie). However, I have seen many fights in my time and this fight reminds me of the GodMod Arena's most famous fights: Narcaleptic Frog vs. AcidK, JoeNineT vs. Night Pheonix and Night Pheonix vs. Narcaleptic Frog.

Dispite Bakan loosing this match by 1 point, he has shown our judging team that he is fully capable of fighting to an impressive style, agression and control. The judging team, me and AcidK included, are actually looking forward to see Bakan fight in the next IFA-Championships.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 22:57   #182
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK appears at the podium and raises his arm as a sign for the crowd to listen to him and stop their excited talking. However this did not work, and AcidK decided to speak anyway.*

Now that this fight is over, it is time to look at the current scoreboardings as well as whom has won and whom has lost. So far the board is as follows:

Code:
Inspectre beat Flapjack with 30pts (winning by 3pts)
Ryon Jkar beat Disrupter with 26pts (winning by 3pts)
Wraith was disqualified for: Using A Vehicle (replaced by Fluffie)
Fluffie beat Shadow275 with 33pts (winning by 1pt)
Heiro beat Bakan with 33pts (winning by 1pt)

Semie Finals:

Inspectre (Rating: 30) vs Ryon Jkar (Rating: 26)
Fluffie (Rating: 33) vs Heiro (Rating: 33)
*At this point the two interveiwers were already at the doors of Bakan and Heiro and asked the same question, again in syncronisation:*

According to the new scoreboards and the results for your matchup, not to mention Ynten's comments, how do you feel the match went, what do you feel about the scores and what are your thoughts about Ynten's comments?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 04:24   #183
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

ooc//// Again, I must face my past. Eh Inspectre? ///occ
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 05:56   #184
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc Four words, Ryon: Time to Die, B*tch. And Fluffie, you had better beat Heiro senseless (although how he can do that while on vacation, I canna tell ye. ) ooc/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 12:46   #185
Heiro
'Mael'

[ooc] Yeah, he probably will... I mean how difficult is that [[/ooc]

"I've no comments, I have to prepare..."
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 05:54   #186
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

ooc// No inspectre... THIRTEEN words:

No, It's time for you to die now Inspectre. You are a dwarf.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:19   #187
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK appeared at the podium with his arms flung out wide. Again this did not have it's desired effect of silence.*

Okay, it is now time to start the first Semi-Final Round of this Insane Fighting Arena - Championships! In the Rusty Corner, with a rating of thirty.... IIInspectre!

*Inspectre's ready room opened out with multiple fireworks, clouds of smoke and, as usual, his music blearing around the walls of the IFA-C.*

And his opponent tonight, with the lowest rating for all the semi-finalists... Ryooon Jkaaarrr!!

*Ryon Jkar's ready room opened up to reveal Ryon, but with less glamour than Inspectre got.*

Let the semi-finals begin!

*AcidK blinked away as the podium sunk once more. AcidK wished he advertised for commentators now...*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 15:05   #188
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Sorry about the wait, fellas, but I've had RL stuff to take care of over the past few days, and so I haven’t had time to work on a post . . . until now. :gollum: ooc/

Inspectre grasped the small vial of reddish liquid firmly with his index finger and thumb, and then held it up to the light. Turning it this way and that, Inspectre admired the way that it sparkled and glowed in the light. He had only been able to covertly collect a small sample of flapjack blood from the Arena floor while on his way out, but this small amount should fit his purposes nicely. Unfortunately, he had a match coming up, and so this would have to wait until he had time to properly prepare it. Sighing, Inspectre gently replaced the vial of dragon's blood back into its holder, and closed the lid on the specially-designed suitcase.

Ryon . . . that was his opponent for this match. He had also been the first opponent Inspectre had competed against, and defeated.

I was so happy that I had won that match, I gave him by sword. Then again, by the end of that fight, it wasn't in such good condition anyway. Unfortunately, I'm a different man now. I can't afford to be merciful or kind if I want to win back the Championship. This time, Ryon, the only thing that you will get from me is death.

Having completed his vow, Inspectre got up off of the bench and walked over to his locker. Opening it, Inspectre reached in and pulled out a thin black jumpsuit. Although the full-body suit didn't look very study, Inspectre knew that it had been recently sprayed down with an advanced polymer. Originally designed to allow normal clothes to repel small arms fire, Inspectre had modified the formula somewhat, so that now an article of clothing could resist most attacks for short period of time, even cutting weapons. However, Inspectre's formula still had a few flaws, such as while an article of clothing wouldn't shred under a sword blow, the fabric would still tear from the force of the blow. Therefore, Inspectre knew the protective jumpsuit would only be good for one, perhaps two, blows, and then he would be vulnerable again. Nonetheless, the jumpsuit was a good choice to wear into combat against Ryon, allowing him to be quick and agile . . . allowing him to be a Swordmaster again.

Sighing, Inspectre began drawing weapons out of the locker, most of which were throwing knives, and sliding them into holsters located all throughout the jumpsuit. It was only fair that for this fight Inspectre faced Ryon with nothing but melee weapons, as he had during their first match. Finally complete with shoving a wide variety of bladed implements into holsters located throughout the jumpsuit, Inspectre pulled a belt from the locker, and buckled it around his waist. The belt held two weapons: a sword and a long dagger. The dagger was a trophy he had taken during his campaign against the Aztec cultists on Durnian IV, a long-bladed Kris knife, no doubt used to sacrifice people by cutting out their hearts. Although Inspectre hadn't sacrificed anyone with it (yet, anyway), he had used it in battle and found it to be a quite effective weapon, at least for a knife. The other weapon was a simple long sword, forged from high-durability steel. That would be his backup weapon.

The last thing Inspectre pulled from the locker before closing it was an unusual weapon, to say the least. At first glance, the weapon appeared to be no more than a length of sharpened metal, with hilts on each end. That was only how it appeared while in carrying mode, however. Gripping both hilts, one in each hand, Inspectre pulled, and the tip of each sword came free of the specially-made holding slot cut into the hilt of the opposite weapon. Pulling a bit more, Inspectre was able to get the dual swords to separate, and now he was holding a blade in each hand, instead of a bizarre-looking piece of metal.

(For a better picture of what this weapon is, watch Kill Bill. This is essentially the weapon that the bald leader of the Crazy Eighty-Eight was using at the big battle towards the end of the movie.)

Inspectre gave the pair of swords a quite look-over, and then satisfied with their condition, slid them back together. The tip of each sword easily slid into the slot cut into the hilt of the other, and once inside, the pair of swords was locked together in a firm embrace, and would not separate from each other except when Inspectre wanted them too.

Cradling the unusual weapon in his arms, Inspectre heard his name being called, and the door from his locker room to the Arena swinging open. Smiling confidently, Inspectre slowly made his way to the door, out through it, and then down the ramp into the Arena proper. He walked to almost the center of the Arena, and then stopped about three feet away. Attempting to make a bit of a show of it, Inspectre raised the pair of blades high above his head, and then pulled them apart. Twirling them around a bit, Inspectre then dropped into a defensive stance as he heard Ryon’s name being called. One blade was held out in front of him, ready to accept any head-on attacks and to keep Ryon at bay. The second blade was currently held along his right arm, ready to guard against any attacks that got too close, and to be swung around in a quick slashing motion if Ryon got too close.

I’m ready for you Ryon. This time, you won’t leave this Arena alive. I can’t let you, not if I expect to win and advance to the Championships.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 00:33   #189
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

72-Hour Clock starts now (going back to old routes)
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 18:46   #190
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Looks like I win by default. ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 21:34   #191
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Yeah, back and stuff.

Prolonged absence of certain Dutch "goods" have made me an aggressive, mean and bitter man.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 23:35   #192
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

abouts 48-hours to go...

Guess Inspectre may win, as he said, by default (and turn his rating from 30 to 20 due to this...)
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 00:42   #193
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Okay, Ynten has called for Inspectre to win by default due to his opponent, Ryon Jkar, not turning up after 48-hours of the start-point (waiting the last 24-hours, as Narcaleptic Frog would put it, would be pathetic as their would be too little time for the fight to make a meaning or an impression).

Inspectre's Rating, due to the new system, will be cut by a third, making his rating a mere 20, placing him as the lowest rating as-to-date in the IFA-C. However Inspectre will be placed in the Final and whomever looses the next Semi-Final will automatically gain Third Place as well as a secondary stand-by for the Finals, Inspectre vs Either Fluffie or Heiro).

The next match, Fluffie vs Heiro, will begin in 24 hours time, but as we wait...

*The screen was not split, for once, as an interveiwer aproaches Inspectre. He asked Inspectre questions, but waiting until Inspectre answered before asking another:*

The IFA-C is quite puzzeled with Ryon Jkar's non-appearance. What are your veiws on this?

Inspectre's Response

What are your veiws of your rating being cut from 30 to 20?

Inspectre's Response

Unsure if the judges have told you, but the rating at the end of the Championships help sort out the next if you enter. Are you worried that you would be up against someone that is not anywhere near your standards?

Inspectre's Response

The Announcer, AcidK, is wondering your veiws on the next matchup. What are your personal opinions of both Heiro, the powerful White Mage, and Fluffie, your Psychic nemesis in the IFA-C?

Inspectre's Response

One last question, whom do you beleive will win between Fluffie and Heiro, seeing what both of them are capable of acheiving and seeing that they both have an equal rating?

Inspectre's Response
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:29   #194
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
Yeah, back and stuff.

Prolonged absence of certain Dutch "goods" have made me an aggressive, mean and bitter man.
One word.

F*ck.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 01:38   #195
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I'll be as gentle as I sometimes want to be after not having [word]ed for a long time.

You my bitch now.

Unread 15 Aug 2004, 02:23   #196
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Btw, Heiro, something I feel we should decide on beforehand. Do we want to use the Respawner or not?

I'm up for using it, but more so up for not using it. And I'd feel better knowing beforehand. Eh?
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 11:35   #197
Heiro
'Mael'

I don't really like using it. I think the point would be to the death.... Rather than to the death for the 6th post running.

So, My vote is No
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 13:49   #198
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Aight.

How about healing, is it even allowed?
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 14:36   #199
Heiro
'Mael'

It'd best be. My character is a healer
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:13   #200
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

I hurt you, you heal me \o/