User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:26   #1
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Atheists/Agnostics pls step in.

So consdering that relgion etc is a load of drivel for the weak minded, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc flame here, etc etc etc flame there etc etc, stupid, etc etc etc (I am sure you get it by now )

What are you doing on the 25th December?, I assume you wont be celebrating any religious festivals by exchanging gifts, or expecting any gifts from your parents or loved ones.

I also assume that you would decline any gifts as it would stand in opposition of your beliefs, wouldnt it?

Regardless of Christmases pagan origins, and the fact that it is essentially more of a commercial affair these days, it is and has been a recognised christian festival for over 1500 years, surely you wouldnt celebrate its traditions?
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:28   #2
Androme

God is real and Atheists believe in God.

And did I mention you smell?
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:31   #3
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

christmas was invented in the first half of the 20th century in order to make the lives of working class parents an absolute misery.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:32   #4
BuddhistPunk

Atheist
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

I think you meant to pick me up on the meaning of agnostic, who is somebody who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God. So by definition they cannot be Christian.

That enough to keeping your little mouth shut for a while?

And yes I know I smell, Sunday is bath day, the problem will be solved in 24 hours
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:33   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Atheists/Agnostics pls step in.

Quote:
Originally posted by BuddhistPunk
I also assume that you would decline any gifts as it would stand in opposition of your beliefs, wouldnt it?
You don't have to acknowledge the religious part of Christmas to partake in it. If seen as a moment of peace for the world, to celebrate with your loved ones, there is no reason why Atheists/Agnosticists should not be able to enjoy Christmas.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:37   #6
Androme

BuddhistPunk: May you choke on the puke of your foolish beliefs. My mouth is not little (but you do smell - it can't be helped)

FYI, an Atheist is not going to believe in the Jesus side of things but will exchange gifts, teach the young children of santa with stories like Rudolph etc. - it's just christmas without jesus and god
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:40   #7
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
an atheist might still want to celebrate the birth of jesus.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:42   #8
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
lets have a bit of christmas cheer. :deer: :deer: :xmas: :xmas: :santa_wav :santa_wav
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:43   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
Clearly if God wasn't invented, an atheist would have nothing to disbelieve in
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:46   #10
Androme

which is why I said Christmas is just christmas without god or jesus

I'm laughing at the Lowest Common IQ atm ... :/
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 02:54   #11
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
As a christian i hope you do not put up a christmas tree, after all it is a pagan ritual.

As an athiest i still celebrate christmas as a time for the family, to us it is not a religous event at all, but a time to celebrate the family.

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 03:02   #12
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
As a christian i hope you do not put up a christmas tree, after all it is a pagan ritual.

so's sacrificing virgins but you arent taking that familty tradition away from me either!

btw relgion was invented by the pope in 1843 to stop poor people thinking.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 03:06   #13
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
btw relgion was invented by the pope in 1843 to stop poor people thinking.
Congratulations, at the last moment you step in and walk clean away with the 'Dumbest post of the year' award for 2002. You must be very proud
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 03:11   #14
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Congratulations, at the last moment you step in and walk clean away with the 'Dumbest post of the year' award for 2002. You must be very proud
i look stupid? when (if) you reach 29 or ever move out of the country you will be the one looking stupid my dear.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 03:12   #15
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Thumbs up

or change your name by deed pole. ive just found 3 reasons why you are stupider than me and i only had to look at your username!
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 03:22   #16
Idi

As a satanist struggling in this oppressively christian world, i will be spending christmas day with my parents, where i will both give and recieve presents. This is not for religious reasons, but for social reasons (its fun to give and recive presents is it not?). I wont be concerned with any Christian activities mind, although the rest of my family will be going to church and carol singing etc. I will be watching the Queens speach however as I am English to the core. As far as I know we will also be eating the traditional Christmas dinner thing.

For most of the time I will be reading books as I dont believe in TV.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 05:06   #17
grkn
Shadow of the past

grkn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So consdering that relgion etc is a load of drivel for the weak minded, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc flame here, etc etc etc flame there etc etc, stupid, etc etc etc (I am sure you get it by now )
Why should be religion and atheism be an oxymoron?
From the christian point of view - which defines god as personified entity - buddhism could be deemed as atheism, since it does not believe in god as a personified beeing. So from atheist = unreligious people -> buddhist = unreligious?
A rather strange assumptation ...

Quote:
Regardless of Christmases pagan origins, and the fact that it is essentially more of a commercial affair these days, it is and has been a recognised christian festival for over 1500 years, surely you wouldnt celebrate its traditions?
It has been a long time since christmas was a purely religious event, it has been politiced (Christmas peace anyone?) and converted to a social element a long time ago.

So, any person not believing in the christian definition of god and the world can very well celebrate the social event while abstaining from the religious aspect.

One OS to rule them all, One Passport to find them,
One OS to bring them all, And with the EULA bind them.
In the land of Redmond where the windows lie.

"...to leave the Elysium the dead had to drink from and travel beyond the River of Oblivion, Lethe, to once again return to the mortal realm..."
grkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 05:33   #18
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
My christmas celebrations begin christmas eve where i go out and get monged with m8s.

Christmas morning i get up and open up gifts. I go sulk in my room because i didnt get lego. I go eat. I play with my 'toys'/watch a dvd. I go eat turky and stuffing sandwiches. I go for a couple of beers with m8s. I go watch some tv. I play with my toys. I go to bed.

Oh and for your information I'm a buddhist, punk. (hey! i made a punn \o/). Like athiests we dont believe in a god. We dont disbelieve in jesus though (but thats not important).
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 08:19   #19
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm an Atheist/Agnostic.

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year.

It can't be that hard to imagine. :xmas:

(You sound like one of those feminists who want the word 'history' changed)

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 10:43   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Christmas has become, for all intents and purposes, a secular non-denominational festival. I dont see why a non-Christian wouldnt celebrate it due to its religious beginnings - its more of a socio-cultural thing than a religious thing these days.

PS im not an atheist/agnostic, can i post in ur thread plz???
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 11:17   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I know a Hindu that celebrates Christmas. It has become a universal celebration of love, and doesn't need to involve Jesus or God.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 11:21   #22
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
I'm neither of the things you described, nor do i recognize myself in any religion i've met so far. For the purposes of this thread let's call me "agnostic".

I feel christmas lost it's religious content years and years ago, and has since become a festival of

a) eating
b) drinking
c) presents

call me a greedy gluttonous **** but i like it.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 11:36   #23
Knightpeter

I'm not celebrating a Christian festival at all. I'm celebrating Christmas as a British tradition. Nothing more.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 12:46   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
As an atheist I shall be spending the day at home enjoying not going to work.

As numerous people have posted, Xmas is basically secular nowdays. And even if religion was completley abolished, there'd probably be some kind of Winter Solstice (or whatever) to give us Northern Hemispherers (?) some cheer through the long winter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 13:13   #25
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I don't believe in my 'given' religion, all religion is bull**** imo, yet i still celebrate the wonderful time of year that is Christmas \o/

santa > *
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 13:31   #26
BuddhistPunk

Quote:
Why would an atheist (in the truest sense) celebrate the birth of the son of a being that they cant decide if exists or not.

I may be wrong be doesnt that sound a little contradictory.

And to the people, who attempting to flame my beliefs: Would you like to point out where I expressed the opinion or belief that you so eloquently fail to destroy

All I ask is a question, how you choose to interpret it is half of the answer for me.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 13:34   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Why would an atheist (in the truest sense) celebrate the birth of the son of a being that they cant decide if exists or not.
Perhaps because they believe Jesus was a fairly important historical character in his own right? I can't see many atheists doing so tbh, but it's always a possibility.

Jesus seems to have been a fairly nice bloke, albeit with delusions of grandeur. But we all have our problems.

Oh and atheists have made their mind up about god. That's why they're not agnostics.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 13:37   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:

All I ask is a question

Well why didn't you say so in the first place!

Here:

"Did you think your original post was 'the wit' when you posted it?"
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 13:37   #29
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww baby jesus
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 14:05   #30
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i'm an atheism but i still celebrate christmas. Simply because i am 'commercially tainted'
:deer:
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 14:28   #31
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

Oh and atheists have made their mind up about god. That's why they're not agnostics.
Not necessarily. Weak atheism doesnt explicitly deny the existence of God, it only disbelieves. Many atheists are agnostic.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 14:42   #32
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm an athiest, but i'll still be swapping gifts as I like getting pressies.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 14:55   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Many atheists are agnostic.
No.

Agnostics are uncertain. Disbelief, actual disbelief, is not. 'Many who call themselves atheists are agnostic' would be accurate.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 15:06   #34
Idi

You are all forgetting that Christmas was originally a Pagan festival anyway ...

tum ti tum ti tum!
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 15:42   #35
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
No.

Agnostics are uncertain. Disbelief, actual disbelief, is not. 'Many who call themselves atheists are agnostic' would be accurate.
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ...atheismdef.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ...gnosticism.htm
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 15:58   #36
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Almost my entire knowledge on the point i'm about to make is based on an episode of the simpsons so is prolly completely wrong but don't for example Buddhists believe that it is possible to respect and take part in other religious festivals?

(Lisa still takes part in xmas after talking to richard gere (i think?) )

I can still easily respect other cultures/religions traditions whilst still not sharing the beliefs that they are based on.

Add to that the fact that christmas in the sense that your are talking about it (swapping presents, etc) has **** all to do with any religious traditions anyway.

Oh and also i don't necessarily believe in God but i certainly don't think religions are just "a load of drivel for the weak minded, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc flame here, etc etc etc flame there etc etc, stupid, etc etc etc".

Nice attempt at a troll for Kura's comp and i know i did respond too much but i felt like a discussion
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 16:10   #37
Nodrog

As a sidenote, non-Christians celebrating Christmas for purely social/commercial reasons helps 'cheapen' the 'true meaning' of Christmas from the Christian perspective, and hastens up its transformation into a totally secular festival.

Theres an advertising slogan for you: "Buy a christmas card, and help destroy the Christian monopoly on the winter solstice".
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 16:22   #38
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
As a sidenote, non-Christians celebrating Christmas for purely social/commercial reasons helps 'cheapen' the 'true meaning' of Christmas from the Christian perspective, and hastens up its transformation into a totally secular festival.

Theres an advertising slogan for you: "Buy a christmas card, and help destroy the Christian monopoly on the winter solstice".
True Christians will also celebrate their Christmas in church. Non-Christians celebrating Christmas in the presents and cake manner will not make a difference (any more) when it comes to cheapening its true meaning, it cant get any lower. Only by mass flocking to churches/ceremonies etc will we beable to cheapen it, and they are far too boreing to be worth the time and effort!
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 18:35   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm rationally agnostic, yet I'm a christian.

This means I'll be going to church but I won't bother thinking about what I'm doing there. AHAHAHAHA.

PS You can still celebrate christmas though! It's not like jesus was actually born on the 25th of decemeber heh. It's the pagan festival of <somethingorotheriforget>.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 18:55   #40
RIT

Quote:

What are you doing on the 25th December?, I assume you wont be celebrating any religious festivals by exchanging gifts, or expecting any gifts from your parents or loved ones.

I will be having fun and celebrating the comericilisation of Christmas.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 19:48   #41
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:

I may be wrong be doesnt that sound a little contradictory.
basically what Dante Hicks said. you can accept jesus existed without having to accept he was the son of god.
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 20:22   #42
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus was born in April

I think I'll go watch Catch Me If You Can and Gangs of New York
Unread 22 Dec 2002, 22:51   #43
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
An atheist can pray, go to church, or do any of the other things that christians do. He just can't believe in god (or he ceases to be an atheist)
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 09:57   #44
BuddhistPunk

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
You are all forgetting that Christmas was originally a Pagan festival anyway ...

tum ti tum ti tum!
ENGLISH!!!! Can you read it?
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 09:58   #45
BuddhistPunk

Unread 23 Dec 2002, 10:46   #46
Androme

I thought I answered this ?
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 11:52   #47
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Why single out athiests and agnostics? Why not the buddhists, hindus, sikhs, moslems, jews and whoever else who doesn't accept the full extent of Christian dogma?
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 13:44   #48
BuddhistPunk

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
Why single out athiests and agnostics? Why not the buddhists, hindus, sikhs, moslems, jews and whoever else who doesn't accept the full extent of Christian dogma?
2 reasons

- The majority of the "l337" like to scream and shout about being Agnostic/Atheist and this thread is aimed at them and their inflexibility & dersion towards other peoples beliefs.

- You will find that the majority of true buddhists, hindus, sikhs, moslems, jews do not celebrate christmas.
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 14:17   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
BuddhistPunk in 'bullshite' shocker!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2002, 14:29   #50
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
this christmas i'll be mostly wearing no underpants
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]