User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2009, 18:12   #151
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Proposal for the creation of the roundly block against Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
You seem to be under some misapprehension that the galaxy win is a goal that Ascendancy work towards. The winning galaxy was Ascendancy last round, but that was mainly due to their own efforts and the political situation rather than any concerted effort on our part.
I stand corrected then. But even if it's a byproduct of whatever goal you set to yourselves last round, does not change the fact that the move to block against apprime and then nap them was directly responsible for that gal ending #1. Anyways, politically it was very well played.
If it bothers you that much, then let me rephrase my 'Asc plays for the gal win' statement: The current Asc setup and composition in terms of players and galaxies means that your chances to win the round are small, whilst the chances of getting the top gal is again very decent (in my opinion).
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 18:27   #152
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
It makes perfect sense at the this current time for Ascendancy players to be screaming, "hit app, hit app". While it also makes perfect sense for Apprime players to be screaming, "hit asc, hit asc". It's how politics work. The thing is Ascendancy and Apprime are the only alliances at this current time in a decent situation with latesignups being just around the corner which will fill Ascendancys tag very very quickely. The other alliances need to chill out and concentrate on there game because it's inevitable that Ascendancy and Apprime will need to fight it out sooner or later.
It's already been pointed out but seems you missed it; both asc and app rather avoid eachother and go for easier roids from gal raiding. It makes sense for both of them and don't expect it to change for a while.
If you wait for that, it will be too late for anyone else to have a chance and from a neutral viewpoint why would you want that? Hitting anything else than apprime atm wouldn't be logic, that doesn't mean you can't have the same people hitting asc later. Both Vision and p3n are flying a little under the radar as this thread is evidence of and if they can use that the right way they will have a chance to upset the two favourites.

Expecting politics to be the same two rounds in a row, can't remember that ever happening and it's a completely different situation anyway, new alliances up there with new faces and hopefully new ideas. I think the best thing to do for everyone would be pulling apprime back to the pack, the stand out as the strongest alliance atm and if the top4 (meaning asc/app/p3n/vsn to me) were closer more interesting situations could develop.

I do agree though, if anyone was to focus on asc atm it would have to be apprime, the potential is there for asc to be strong but it's not something p3n or vision should be worried about. In fact, the sooner asc get closer to them the better since asc will have to play to win. Last round wasn't about that and I think asc didn't go higher than 4th or 5th all round.. You want asc involved trying to win the round, that's the only way for p3n or vision to stand a chance. An asc vs app war looks certain to happen at some point, untill then the two other contenders have to stay in range and make their move once that war starts.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 19:13   #153
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
I stand corrected then. But even if it's a byproduct of whatever goal you set to yourselves last round, does not change the fact that the move to block against apprime and then nap them was directly responsible for that gal ending #1. Anyways, politically it was very well played.
Yeah, that's pretty much the case. The NAP itself was the result of a member vote on what we wanted to do for the remainder of the round, once it became clear that we didn't have the firepower to hit full galaxies alone. We had options to attack with both Apprime and p3nguins, but the vote was pretty unanimous.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2009, 22:32   #154
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There are many inaccuracies, misquotes and strawmen on this thread, but this one really had me laughing when I looked at it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Basically what i had in mind was that breaking down Apprime now with a huge massive block will just lead to the need for a new block to take down a FRESH ascendancy later. Most likely even stronger then Apprime is now, and history has shown this is virtually impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse
define 'block'
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 06:25   #155
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'm convinced Asc will win, but I'm not calling for a block vs them.
Firstly, because for me which ally wins the round doesn't matter.
Secondly because the best way to stop Asc is not by attacking them but by defending their attacks.
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 10:13   #156
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Secondly because the best way to stop Asc is not by attacking them but by defending their attacks.
Actually, if i was HC of the top alliance (say Apprime) and i felt Asc was the biggest threat, i'd be pounding their planets day in day out, even if that meant falling down to third place. Once Asc was out of the picture, there are always options to take down one of the other 2 alliances and then battle it out for the #1, against an easier enemy.
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 10:28   #157
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Actually, if i was HC of the top alliance (say Apprime) and i felt Asc was the biggest threat, i'd be pounding their planets day in day out, even if that meant falling down to third place.
Yeah, and if I was p3ng, while that was happening I would be alternately hitting Apprime and Asc heavy galaxies possibly in combination with ND and some other alliances...

Oh hang on, I think I see what you are trying to do here!

Come on people, just because the gameplay is the same every round, doesn't mean the threads have to be!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 10:37   #158
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Yeah, and if I was p3ng, while that was happening I would be alternately hitting Apprime and Asc heavy galaxies possibly in combination with ND and some other alliances...

Oh hang on, I think I see what you are trying to do here!

Come on people, just because the gameplay is the same every round, doesn't mean the threads have to be!
Of course you would. That's pretty much what i expect of p3ng and VsN. I could always negotiate some sort of a nap if either p3 or Vsn get too cheeky.
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 11:39   #159
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
I could always negotiate some sort of a nap if either p3 or Vsn get too cheeky.
And if you (as Apprime HC) were to do so at this stage of the game, then more fool the rest of the universe if they didn't immediately all contact JBG with requests for targets...

In other words the scenario which would play out would be hilarious and fantastic fun for most of the universe but pretty unproductive for Apprime if they are going for a win.
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 11:44   #160
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
And if you (as Apprime HC) were to do so at this stage of the game, then more fool the rest of the universe if they didn't immediately all contact JBG with requests for targets...
You'd be surprised how foolish alliances HCs can be. But don't take my word for it, go and revisit the old eXilition vs 1up rounds.
As Bon Jovi put it: "It's all the same, only the names have changed ..."
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 11:50   #161
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
As Bon Jovi put it: "It's all the same, only the names have changed ..."
I refer the honorable gentleman to the post I made some moments ago...
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 12:32   #162
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Why not?
So incredibly overdone.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2009, 23:38   #163
Mav
Band of Brothers

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
yeah block now lets set a record!
That is possibly one of the funniest things i've read in a while on here.

NoS Officer, OMG / Adelante Officer, Eclipse Officer, FAnG HC, Mistu, [1up].
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2009, 19:03   #164
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

only way to set a record for blocking would be to plan 2-3 rounds ahead. everything else has already been done to death.
Unread 10 Sep 2009, 13:51   #165
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

ill join if some1 can give me a credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 16:44   #166
Crantor
Nice to be Loved

Crantor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This round ROCK is neutral so I'd be of little help. ROCK has no alliance with or Nap with anyone including Apprime. I wish both sides luck. No one likes to see one alliance dominate. I just want ROCK to have fun. Apparently everyone thinks we have a nap with someone because we get mass raids from multiple alliances the same night regularly. So be it, it's part of the game. We play PA for fun, not some alter ego trip to win.

I'm not going to be anything but neutral.

Crantor

4D
H-A
Denial
ODDR
ROCK - FOREVER
Crantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 17:19   #167
tetrac

tetrac will become famous soon enoughtetrac will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
If Asc fake a couple of gals then hit a couple hard how can that be defended? It must be the stupidest strategy ever to try and defend mass xan cr/bs.

Asc already have this round won and they know it, they are growing faster than apprime and the longer they go without warring them the stronger their fortress gals get. They will attack as late as possible and close the score gap very quick.

The only way apprime can land on Asc is attacking 1 galaxy at a time and exploit the fact that they can't defend fi/co out of gal but since asc have better offense potential they'll gain much more by countering.
tetrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 20:08   #168
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrac View Post
If Asc fake a couple of gals then hit a couple hard how can that be defended? It must be the stupidest strategy ever to try and defend mass xan cr/bs.
Fortunate for Apprime that defence is only one side of the coin then aint it?
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 20:41   #169
tetrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Fortunate for Apprime that defence is only one side of the coin then aint it?
Yeah of course, Apprime should be concentrating on countering when the attacks do come - which is obviously what is happening.

Asc don't want to attack as they have superior growth and benefit more than Apprime by avoiding an all out war for now.

Apprime benefit more from countering, so they'll wait for Asc to attack (or at least they should).

I doubt Asc can close the score cap without landing on Apprime so the war will happen eventually but in the meantime all the other allies who want to benefit from less incoming will keep whining that there is no war.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:14   #170
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I doubt Asc can close the score cap without landing on Apprime so the war will happen eventually but in the meantime all the other allies who want to benefit from less incoming will keep whining that there is no war.
Given last weeks growth rates, I would guess that Asc can win the round without actually starting a war.

Especially now where Apprime is lacking one of their key members as he is closed (hahaha Cardi, how did that happen, old LDK habits? :-P )
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:16   #171
tetrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Given last weeks growth rates, I would guess that Asc can win the round without actually starting a war.

Especially now where Apprime is lacking one of their key members as he is closed (hahaha Cardi, how did that happen, old LDK habits? :-P )
Just checked the scores and your probably right, that said I think they'll attack eventually just to be sure, Asc are in a very dominant position imo.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:28   #172
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Just checked the scores and your probably right, that said I think they'll attack eventually just to be sure, Asc are in a very dominant position imo.
I do actually disagree on the dominant position. Admittedly, Asc has caught up a lot over the past week or so - but on the one hand Apprime still has more roids they are mining (= they are accumulating more value than Asc per day) , on the other they have more value, too (after all they could mine their roids for quite long). Also, let's not forget that Apprime have their lapdogs - or, is it just a bunch of NAPs? You never know, except for Apprime HC having some very good connections (elviz - tobbe for example) that basically have "we are married" written all over them.

One thing is for sure, it looks like this "cold war" situation is heating up. Apparently the fun is just about to start.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 21:35   #173
tetrac

Got any exact numbers on the value comparison?

If its even remotely close I'd have to stand by my comment on Asc being in a dominant position, Xan CR/BS + Ghost setup is just ridiculously overpowered.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 22:05   #174
Heartless

Quote:
Got any exact numbers on the value comparison?

If its even remotely close I'd have to stand by my comment on Asc being in a dominant position, Xan CR/BS + Ghost setup is just ridiculously overpowered.
Intel says about 10 million more value for Apprime. Too bad we cannot have the dumps confirm this!
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 22:21   #175
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No alliance can be truly dominant at this stage simply because there are too many political variables at this point in time. A quick look on sandmans tells me there are at least five or six political options, all of which would be a political play that make quite a bit of difference.

That's why I think the top two alliances have been so hesitant. If the politics all unravels against you because you make a mistake, you're in trouble. The people up top will want a bit more clarity before they do anything. You don't go to war if you seriously think you're going to lose but you might go in to one if you think winning is possible but not close to certainty if the situation demands it. Eventually, one group will make up its mind for better or worse, so my suggestion to all of you is to be a touch more patient, rather than go painstakingly through any kind of list of strengths and weaknesses.
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 22:34   #176
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Intel says about 10 million more value for Apprime. Too bad we cannot have the dumps confirm this!
If only we had an accurate Apprime member list
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2009, 22:52   #177
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

you dont?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 02:45   #178
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If it helps, reading Fuzz's and Muffins posts have provided my with a lot of giggles and chuckles this Monday morning. I hope you all got at least a bit of amusement out of it.
As for my claim that in the end Ascendancy will have the top gal (just like last round), and Apprime will win the round (just like last round), I stand by it. Let time prove who is it that really doesn't have a clue about how this game works.
after being in apprime and getting pwned by asc (as predicted) id like to seek some consolation by reminding Gio2k about his posts in this thread, particularly the one quote above.

its nice to reflect on things sometimes.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 04:15   #179
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
after being in apprime and getting pwned by asc (as predicted) id like to seek some consolation by reminding Gio2k about his posts in this thread, particularly the one quote above.

its nice to reflect on things sometimes.
Haha. Lol. And to think, that purely by the law of chance, he would be expected to get one of those right.

He sure proved us wong

Gio2k: Defying universal law since r33.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2009, 15:20   #180
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

I guess Gio2k didn't account for Apprime being so shit?