User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2005, 20:52   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
OMG the world is gonna end.

True story lol!

In all seriousness though, this is pretty terrifying. I like my 'green and pleasant land'. I prefer it to desert anyhow.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 21:17   #2
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future
Re: OMG the world is gonna end.

madness
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 21:32   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hurling people off cliffs is clearly the answer. That and nuclear power.
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 21:41   #4
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

You're an idiot.

In fact, both of you are.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:08   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I just finished watching the repeat of that. Scary stuff if we really do only have 20 years or so before irreversible damage is done.
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:40   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I think it's rather cool... having a beach right here in front of my house... palm trees... hula girls...
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:45   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I came to this thread hoping the proof for Satan has been found.

I leave this thread wondering if your birth certificate will ever be found due to the stunted intelligence alert
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:51   #8
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I leave this thread wondering if your birth certificate will ever be found due to the stunted intelligence alert
I agree. I'm in the top 0.5% of my country for intelligence.

Unfortunately, this doesn't stop me drinking.
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 22:58   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

All votes for Dace as the new gimmick.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2005, 23:45   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

this sounds pretty bad.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:04   #11
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
this sounds pretty bad.
I agree.

I personally believe our only chance of survival is to immediately enforce worldwide birth limitations a la China (or perhaps stricter) in every country that is able to do so, and then phase out fossil fuel plants in favour of nuclear fission (coal, then oil, then gas) within a decade atleast. Hopefully that will buy us the time to get alternate power sources running, nuclear fusion seeming to be the most likely. Except countries with lots of water. They can user HEP.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:10   #12
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

for those of you who didn't watch/didn't read/care enough to want to know but not to actively try to watch/read,

all those polluting pollutants we put out form like this hazy fog type fog particles, rain is formed on particles of stuff (like pollen) so theres more water particles in the air, i was slightly drunk.

Ok look the clouds are brighter and we aren't getting as much sunlight (10-20% less in 50 yrs) the good news is we're reversing this dimming phenomenan by cleaning the air, the bad news is we're still spewing out the shit that causes global warming, the dimming was helping shield us from the warming so we've underestimated the warming and are ****ed.

**** it all i say greenland was green once and the romans grew grapes oop north, warmer weather? bring it on.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:21   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not worried. Some spokesperson from the White House is still going to tell us that everything is just fine
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:39   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i also say '**** it', because
a) if the world is going to end during my lifetime anyway, i don't have to quit smoking
b) people are stupid, so why the **** should i care? Even if we would stop this and the world wouldn't end, you can be sure that either some stupid people would elect some moron who has nothing better to do than blow the world to pices or, if that doesn't happen, some idiot who thinks he does what some god wants or some dictator will take care of it. why bother??? it's just not worth it.
c) live is boring, so bring up some action.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 00:51   #15
Gate
;D!

Imagine a world where the legal population cap was 2 billion.

Over 3 times as much space, air and pr0n for everyone. Vote me for emperor of the world. \o/
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 01:28   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I personally believe our only chance of survival is to immediately enforce worldwide birth limitations a la China (or perhaps stricter) in every country that is able to do so.
Most countries which have achieved relatively high economic development (e.g. Western Europe, Japan) have very low birth-rates.

Countries where the birth-rate is still very high (e.g. parts of Africa) generally are not big polluters anyway.

The best way to reduce the birth-rate is through increasing the educational attainment for women, increasing the standard of living more generally and through other more cultural measures. Not bizarre laws.

But we probably should advise everyone over the age of 60 to take **** loads of drugs so they die relatively quickly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:02   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What if we have a nuclear war to counteract the effects?
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:05   #18
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Can I press that big red button now daddy?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:14   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: OMG the world is gonna end.

I always find it interesting how many people really seem to want the world to end soon and I wonder how disappointed they're going to be when it doesn't.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:14   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sooner or later...

PS Hi tact, I also saw the report on north korean hairstyles. It was double plus good
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 02:23   #21
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

This thread has been possessed by idiocy.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 08:45   #22
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

PS Hi tact, I also saw the report on north korean hairstyles. It was double plus good
Surprisingly entertaining

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 10:40   #23
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Use antimatter. 100~ times more powerful, and it means that there's comparitively little of that nuclear fallout and other crap for the survivors.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 11:50   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you believe over population to be that much of a drastic issue then feel free to kill your family and then yourself.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 14:39   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I agree. I'm in the top 0.5% of my country for intelligence.
According to who?
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 15:34   #26
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

So either we're going to die of respiratory diseases or starvation in large numbers, or we're going to fry and starve in large numbers.

The future's lookin good!
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 15:55   #27
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
According to who?
MENSA, and whomever does those 'maths challenge' things, where I've qualified to go to Germany for the next round if I really want to. (though that was top 0.6%, and based purely on mental mathematics and pure logic)
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 15:56   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
According to who?
His mom and the chauffeur of the special bus probably.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 15:57   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
MENSA, and whomever does those 'maths challenge' things, where I've qualified to go to Germany for the next round if I really want to. (though that was top 0.6%, and based purely on mental mathematics and pure logic)

Over half of the people I 'meet' on the internet claims to be a 'MENSA genius'.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 16:11   #30
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Over half of the people I 'meet' on the internet claims to be a 'MENSA genius'.

Indeed, it doesn't matter.

All that matters is that I'm perfectly secure about my intellect.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 16:15   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Clearly.
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 18:11   #32
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So you're good at maths.

Maths != Intelligence
Unread 16 Jan 2005, 20:18   #33
Gate
;D!

Quote:
So you're good at maths.

Maths != Intelligence
!!!!!11*

Ignore what I said about intelligence though.

I was drunk at the time, and I apologise profusely for my arrogance.

*Note: though it was a mental arithmetic, as opposed to actually learning and memorising something, the logical processing power of your brain is important in intelligence. But I digress...