User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 05:53   #1
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice
Pedro Martinez

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3078174
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 06:37   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pedro Martinez

Isn't that the dull sport where they all do drugs all the best players are japanese/puerto rican/African American/Canadian ?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 07:19   #3
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Isn't that the dull sport where they all do drugs all the best players are japanese/puerto rican/African American/Canadian ?
Canadian?
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 08:21   #4
Sunday8pm
Banned

Check for the person that holds the record for the most close outs in a row or something like that.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 08:38   #5
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How the whole of the US gets excited about a glorified game of Rounders is beyond me.

I actually sat and watched a whole match once, it has a similar effect to watching Diagnosis Murder for an entire evening :/

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 17:39   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
How the whole of the US gets excited about a glorified game of Rounders is beyond me.

I actually sat and watched a whole match once, it has a similar effect to watching Diagnosis Murder for an entire evening :/
NEVER EVER DISS THE DOC.

There are people here have killed for less ......
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:36   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
NEVER EVER DISS THE DOC.

There are people here have killed for less ......
God forbid we set sarina on him.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:41   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
God forbid we set sarina on him.
I was thinking more of setting Teh Pablissimeister on him.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:42   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Pabbeh will hit like a girl.

Sarina will hit like a butch lesbian.

Who would you send?
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:42   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Pabbeh will hit like a girl.

Sarina will hit like a butch lesbian.

Who would you send?
Drunken Scouser or Pacifist Obanite.

No contest.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:44   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Drunk skinny english student lad

or

Aggressive well built SCOTTISH lass.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 21:56   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've always thought baseball is a pretty cool sport, three hours sitting in the sun drinking, when you actually start watching it rather than going "LOL AMERICANS SUCK AND ARE STUPID !!! WITH THEIR STUPID SPORTS !!!"it's pretty good. American football that's a different story.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:06   #13
Sunday8pm
Banned

Hicks, that was hardly a good argument... Baseball frighteningly enough does not share a big interest, it is not a worldwide phenomenon, it's mostly confined to USA and Japan (only one canadian team remains and how long before they move that franchise on cause no-one cares.. who knows).

Given how America wanted to change soccer and have attempted to change soccer and have managed to make the MLS a rather boring format....

I'm saying specifically what pleases the american's sport wise seems to be an accquired(read in-bred) taste.

Baseball is a sport that honestly belongs to the amatuers, played professionally it's too dry to be entertaining, played with friends it can be an enjoyable experience, especially when 95% of the players aren't loaded on EPO/Steroids and are planning on dying in their early 40's.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:29   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went and saw the Blue Jays play.

I was bored out of my nut.

TBH i prefer American Football* (still a poor game) to Baseball.

*ive seen the Sottish Claymores play live :forshame: (and watched plenty of other matches)
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 22:36   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I went and saw the Blue Jays play.

I was bored out of my nut.

TBH i prefer American Football* (still a poor game) to Baseball.

*ive seen the Sottish Claymores play live :forshame: (and watched plenty of other matches)
I was at Murrayfield for a "Sellout" (Read : 13,000) World Bowl when the Claymores won the title. The complete lack of Atmosphere was surreal.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 01:57   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Pedro Martinez

I love baseball.

A New York/Boston playoff is always good, because of the long-standing rivalry between those two teams and The Curse of the Bambino.

edit: Damn Yankees eliminated the Twins though.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 02:54   #17
Summanus
Banned

Baseball is an advertiser's dream. Out of the four hours Game 1 took, at least 1.5 would have been part of an ad-break. It kinda kills the momentum of the game though.

Still, it makes a change from most other sports in that it needs a lot more thought put into it. T'would be nice if the Yankees went all the way this year, but beating the Sox is close enough
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 02:57   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

I personally think the only reason Baseball exsist is for the sale of hog anus sausages and pretzels.

Oh and for Charles Berkley to wash himself and hire some ho's. (I'm referring to the fact that some stadiums have a swimming pool party lounge area for VIP's...)

I don't think the Simpsons were too far from the truth when there was that episode where tehy had box seats at a game and they were asked to choose the final result(or already knew I'm debating this with Erin atm).
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 04:36   #19
Summanus
Banned

Quote:
I personally think the only reason Baseball exsist is for the sale of hog anus sausages and pretzels.

Oh and for Charles Berkley to wash himself and hire some ho's. (I'm referring to the fact that some stadiums have a swimming pool party lounge area for VIP's...)

I don't think the Simpsons were too far from the truth when there was that episode where tehy had box seats at a game and they were asked to choose the final result(or already knew I'm debating this with Erin atm).
That was an ice-hockey game