User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:27   #1
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Everquest

Does anyone here play it? Been thinking about getting it since i'll be getting broad band in a couple of weeks and i'll actually be able to play a game nline without a ping of 10million (damn aol).
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:28   #2
~  ~

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

It's kinda wank now.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:31   #3
Xillah

I havnt played it before, so its not old for me. Just want to know if its worth getting, I want somthing that will amuse me for a while.

Also, not helping.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:33   #4
~  ~

Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
I havnt played it before, so its not old for me. Just want to know if its worth getting, I want somthing that will amuse me for a while.

Also, not helping.
Hm, not worth getting.

Planetarion round 9 is coming, should provide fun.

Otherwise I would link you to this. You could play a few speedgames a day, since usually there are 10-12 people playing.

Last edited by Sandsnake; 7 Mar 2003 at 01:40.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:38   #5
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by ~  ~
Hm, not worth getting.

Planetarion round 9 is coming, should provide fun.

Otherwise I would link you to this. You could play a few speedgames a day, since usually there are 10-12 people playing.
I dont want another browser game, chances are i wont play r9 out.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:38   #6
~  ~

Quote:
I dont want another browser game, chances are i wont play r9 out.
Tried subspace continuum ?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:44   #7
Xillah

nope.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 01:55   #8
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Games like that make me cringe!

Its to much like roleplaying for the likes of me!
I like rpg's, which is why i like the look of it. I dont roleplay though, dont see why that'll spoile my enjoyment.

How about Ultima?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 03:13   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just played the 5-day free demo of Earth & Beyond, never done a MMORPG before but I think I may have been missing out. Only thing stopping me from buying it is that I'd probably be spending an unhealthy amount of time on it.

I'm also keeping an eye on City of Heros (superhero MMORPG) but it probably won't be out for 6-12 more months.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 04:53   #10
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
it's pronounced EverCRACK

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 05:59   #11
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
......I think I may have been missing out. Only thing stopping me from buying it is that I'd probably be spending an unhealthy amount of time on it...
I know what you mean. I'd probably play it for an hour or 2 a day after work (i finish at 10pm so if i dont go out i'm doing fk all) amd maybe a few hours on sunday (but thats what sundays are there for right?)
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 06:04   #12
Xillah

just checked Earth & Beyond out, i sont really want a sci-fi game. EQ2 will be out toward the end of the year and it looks pretty good, will probably play that when it comes out but i wouldnt mind wasting some cash on everquest.

What i really wanted to know is whether those expansion packs make much difference..
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:50   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Everquest

Quote:
Does anyone here play it? Been thinking about getting it since i'll be getting broad band in a couple of weeks and i'll actually be able to play a game nline without a ping of 10million (damn aol).
that ****ing games takes 5 years worth of gameplay to get anywhere. I have a friend and he's been playing almost every damn day for over 4 years and he's like a level 58 or something, level 60 is the top I believe. I've seen those damn everquest players. Their skin is pale from lack of light, and their fingers and other extremeties are always trembling. They get nervous twitches when they have to talk to real life human beings. They're like crack addicts who've discovered the joy of taking double hits of crystal meth after a nice joint dipped in phemeldahide. I've got one life, and who knows how many more years I'll live, maybe I'll die of cancer before I reach 40, I don't want to waste years away pretending to have special abilities in some dimlit world. I mean at least PA only last a few months per round. You can take a round of or two if you want to live a bit. I say we ought to shoot these people. Its a government conspiracy to subdue our minds or summit. ****! Lookit the time, I gotta get back to playing the sims online.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 08:59   #14
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Starwars Galaxies is looking promising.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 09:08   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It's fun for a while, but I can never really play it for longer than a month. If your attention span is good though, you could have great fun with it.

[edit: http://www.eqemu.com to see if you like it, then pay for the real thing]
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 10:04   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
I would if I could. Quite frankly though, as much as I understand the need to fund new servers and maintenence, I am not going to fork out $80 for a game then fork out more every month just so I can play the thing. That aside, you need a credit card to pay, and that is something I refuse to own so it is somewhat biased.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 10:22   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I would wait for Star Wars Galaxies to come out. It's slated for an April 15th release. Though it has been delayed a couple of times already...

Plus that's the US release, I don't know when the European one will be.

Til then just play CounterStrike.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:09   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:

Also, not helping.
If you ask me itś THE onlien game.

I've witnessed friends get so addicted to it that I was afraid to touch it myself really.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:33   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
If you ask me itś THE onlien game.

I've witnessed friends get so addicted to it that I was afraid to touch it myself really.

heh, that's always the case with those hardcore mmorpg players.
You remember grimlock from that PA meeting at the shooting range? the amount of time he spends nowadays in Dark Ages of Camelot is frightening. Same goes for my girlfriend who plays Anarchy online.

Soon I'll be playing Eve-online probably
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:47   #20
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
EverQuest is unfortunatly the best MMORPG currently on the market. UO is just shiet. DAoC could have been pretty good, but it was just badly done. AC was cool... for a week. Earth and Beyond, even though its not an MMORPG is very good.

Currently, EQ is your best choice, IF and only if you get all the exapansions at least up to Velious. I would recommend Luclin as well. Don't bother with Planes of Power, and get Ykesha as soon as possible.

The problem with EQ is that if you haven't played it before, you will find yourself in trouble. The nice people will try to help you by twinking (which isnot help at all really) and the less nice people will just scream abuse at you for being a newbie. Luckily, however, one can ignore the abusers, and say "no thank you" to twinkers. Learn to speak chat if you can't already, vists Eqatlas.com and get the maps, and then you might be able to make friends if you play a cleric or enchanter. Don't bother with the other classes, as finding pikup groups will be nigh impossible with them, but clerics and enchanters, even bad ones, are always welcome.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 12:54   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I think Anarchy online is one of the most underrated mmorpg. It's so much more better then DaoC imo. The amount of weapons/equipment/etc the diversity of the characters, the huge playing area, the fact you can buy your own vehicles. In DaoC every lvl 50 char seem to look the same (in their class) and have the same skills maxed which is not the case in AO.

What I really missed in DaoC is an economic system. in AO there's a huge market moving up and down throughout the game. You really feel like being in a huge, living community.

The new add-on cd for DaoC improves a lot though.

I never played Everquest though and it looks cool but I am going to wait for Eve online.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:29   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know if there are any free-to-play games simular to Everquest?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:34   #23
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There's Meridian 59, Ultima Online [SPHERE] and EverQuest [EQEMU]
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:38   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunga
There's Meridian 59, Ultima Online [SPHERE] and EverQuest [EQEMU]
perhaps you misread my post.. by free-to-play I am inferring a game that does not require any further financial outlay past the cost of the box & cd itself.

so something with the sort of setup that DIablo II has but with the gameplay of Everquest.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 14:19   #25
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering the impressive cost of running one of these games, for them to be able to give you a one-time lifetime membership, they'd have to charge you about $250 bucks for that box.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 14:24   #26
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Considering the impressive cost of running one of these games, for them to be able to give you a one-time lifetime membership, they'd have to charge you about $250 bucks for that box.
and I'd pay it

I mean just think of how much money you will have spent after playing for a year or two, it's virtual gold for the creators.

Heck I'd even consider playing one of the pay-to-play games if they offered alternative methods of payment, not everyone has a credit card you know.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 20:30   #27
Xillah

Ah well, i bought everquest for 20 quid (it has kunark, velious and lucin add-ons with it) I get the first month free, if its ****e i can take the gae back (Game has a 14 day no hassle returns policy).

Its downloading patches which by the looks of things will take about an hour and a half.

"So Anth what did you do on Saturday night?"
"I stayed in and played EverQuest"

It begins...
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 20:47   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:

"So Anth what did you do on Saturday night?"
"I stayed in and played EverQuest"

It begins...

welcome to the club mate, enjoy your stay!
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 20:57   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I just played the 5-day free demo of Earth & Beyond, never done a MMORPG before but I think I may have been missing out. Only thing stopping me from buying it is that I'd probably be spending an unhealthy amount of time on it.

I'm also keeping an eye on City of Heros (superhero MMORPG) but it probably won't be out for 6-12 more months.

i played EnB a lot...unfortunately, ive had to pull out due to technical problems. ie, i cant gate. oh well.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:08   #30
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
"They try to drug me whit TV"

Same could be said about games.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 21:28   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
"They try to drug me whit TV"

Same could be said about games.

you should stop reading the first alineas of complicated works written by marxist authors
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:28   #32
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If you're looking for an MMORPG, I'd suggest you have a look at Dark Age of Camelot. The beta was actually rather ace, and it has good graphics.

That, or wait for the upcoming World of Warcraft.
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:36   #33
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The world of Dark Age of Camelot was too small and everywhere looked the same, in my opinion.

Great fun for a short period though.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 16:28   #34
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
you should stop reading the first alineas of complicated works written by marxist authors
Is that from a book by a marxist?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 17:39   #35
Reck
b0rked!

Reck is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
perhaps you misread my post.. by free-to-play I am inferring a game that does not require any further financial outlay past the cost of the box & cd itself.

so something with the sort of setup that DIablo II has but with the gameplay of Everquest.

=[DJ Bass]=
there are plenty of free shards for UO
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 18:07   #36
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
Heck I'd even consider playing one of the pay-to-play games if they offered alternative methods of payment, not everyone has a credit card you know.
EverQuest lets you set up a bank transfer to do it, so as long as you have a bank account (which is practicly certain) you could sign up. I used my mams credit card though - it would get taken out of the bank about a week before i get payed, so It would be a good chance that i would have no money to pay them with on atleast one occasion.