User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Feb 2003, 21:34   #1
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking When squirrels attack, bring on the hot sauce.

http://9news.com/storyfull.asp?id=10878

This winter, the newest trend in landscape design is coating trees in a hot Tabasco pepper spray.

Fox squirrels hate that.

They have been ravaging trees all over the Front Range to find food and water.

"They're trying to eke out a living," said Chris Roe, a wildlife biologist with Wildlife Property Management.

If the trees in Denver and surrounding areas are any indication, the squirrels are staying alive. Among their favorite targets are elm, Russian olive and silver maple trees, said Jon Elliott, arborist for the city of Denver.

The squirrels are chewing through the initial layer of bark on the tree to get to the green cambium layer, where trees store their nutrients.

Stripping of the bark "severs the water and nutrient tubes that go to the branches," Elliot said. "It leaves deadwood in the tree."
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 21:46   #2
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
They will just create a breed of super squirrels that love the tast of hot sauce!
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 22:14   #3
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
They will just create a breed of super squirrels that love the tast of hot sauce!
LOL

Teh squirrels shall inherit teh earth!!!!

:eek:
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 22:24   #4
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Is it just me or are squirrels getting braver? Sometimes I'll feel like I'm in a staredown with one of them, and then I'll have to cross the street to get away. Someone at my school recently got attacked by one. Squirrels are evil.
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 09:42   #5
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
I have squirrels keep eating outa my bird feeder, and once I took a stick and sneaked out and swatted the varmnit as he jumped back toward his tree. He died...
LOL PLD
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 11:17   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
(BSE-- you will get CJV, the human form of mad cow disease if you eat squirrel brains....and people think we dont have mad cow here)
What form of utter lunacy would make anyone want to eat squirrel brains?

I mean, can you prove the BSE link? I don't see vast groups of scientists feeding monkeys squirrel brains, possibly because NO-ONE EATS THEM ANYWAY.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 12:00   #7
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Not even a troll could resist me

Was a story in the newspaper a while ago about a woman who kicked a squirrel. Her neighbour saw it and called the police (grand well done btw), the kicker got charged with animal cruelty and got a hella fine out of it.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote