User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jun 2003, 21:48   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
28 days later....

Been told by a friend it was excellent so i went into the vid shop and bought it. He told not to read the back and just watch it. The only thing he said about the story was...

...guy gets in crash and put into a coma he awakens 28 days later alone in the middle of a city.

Sounds I'll be back to give a my take on it when I'm finished the watchin part.

Al
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 21:52   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How odd. I just watched that movie about two minutes ago.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 00:10   #3
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
i thought it was pretty cool as zombie movies go
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 00:12   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Mainly becuase I'm a Londoner (singing), but seeing London deserted was quite fun (and it included Deptford, fs!).

The acting was fairly decent, and the lack of budget was covered up relatively well. Having said that, I don't think it actually was a zombie movie. Sure, there were a few zombies around, but it was more of a post-apocalyptic movie, how humans would cope given the end of society, etc.

Anything with Christopher Eccleston in it is usually good, despite his character being an evil ****.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 00:22   #5
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Wether it was a zombiue movie or not the zombies were the scariest i've seen for ages. The spped at which they went for people :/
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 01:03   #6
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Yeah well worth the watch. The rats in the tunnel was a nice touch and the zombie soldier tied up was pretty cool. Enuf gore to keep ya happy

I'd give a 8/10
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 02:21   #7
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Come out? Bought? What?

I'm seeing previews for this movie.. It's gonna be released here soon.. in THEATRES..

What's all thid talk of buying? Just how old is this movie?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:01   #8
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
There are no zombies in 28 Days Later, you f00ls.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:11   #9
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Anything with Christopher Eccleston in it is usually good, despite his character being an evil ****.
Do you really think his character was evil?
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:37   #10
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Come out? Bought? What?

I'm seeing previews for this movie.. It's gonna be released here soon.. in THEATRES..

yeah, I guess Brits got lucky this time, and we have to suffer till June 27th I believe, but reading all these posts about the movie, doesn't make me that curious anymore. If it's already out in UK, and most of the Brits liking it, I bet it end up being crap!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 03:46   #11
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

I'm fairly sure the Yanks won't like it. It actually has an original idea, a decent plot and some plausable characters, contrary to what usually makes it big over there.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 04:04   #12
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
caught it on video last week. First half was excellent but the big finish i was expecting never happened. Good none the less though, deffinately worth catching.

7/10
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 04:05   #13
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

The best part of the film is undoubtedly the part where he infiltrates the house after letting the infected soldier loose.
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 23:04   #14
Umbrall
Renaissance Person

Umbrall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Come out? Bought? What?

I saw it in a theater in January. It ought to be on vidio around now, I reckon.

-Li Quan, commentaries upon Sun Tzu, ca 900 AD.
Umbrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 10:00   #15
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Stop posting spoilers: There's plenty of people here who haven't seen it yet.

I however have, and recommend it.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote