User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:11   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
fcl the war help me with friendship problems

my friend (who i have known for quite a long time) has got a new girlfriend, she is spanish, ok looking, quite nice when you first talk to her.

oh and shes possibly one of the most rascist and vitriollic people i have ever met. Maybe its me growing up in london with so many different faces and cultures around, or maybe its because i was raised differently (like in on another planet compared to her) but ive never met anyone who drops the phrases 'n****r' and 'p**i' (she just learned the latter, how nice for her) into casual conversation, shes the type of person who thinks its ok to be rascist because noone says anything, im sitting there in literally stunned silence and couldnt really reply if i wanted to. She also has the most bizare views i have come across, she really seems to hate everyone equally. She thinks muslims are backward and retards, she also hates 'american imperialism' in the world, and the icing on the cake, she loathes asylum seekers and economic migrants more than anyone i have ever met, this 25 yr old who has been living and working in foreign country hates foreign people working in this country. If this wasnt weird enough she seems to have that new age hippyness 'must go to india' type mentality. Im used to skinheads shouting this kind of stuff acrosss the street, ive never actually met anyone who sits around a pub table and says it in normal conversation. Oh and shes dead against the war with iraq, only because she hates americans. Even my friend was getting (quite rightly) embarrased.

Ive never had to deal with a sitatution like this before but i dont ever want to be in her company again, this is one of them my friend's gf is a bitch from hell, how do i make clear to him that i dont want her comapny anymore without falling out with him???
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:28   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Aside from having reactionary views is she actually a bitch from hell? You don't seem to have indicated how she is. People are entitled to their views, and I don't really see what the point of getting upset about it is.

Wow, she uses the word n*****r. So what? Nod on IRC uses the word faggot every second line. Does it matter? Unless she's actually going up to black people in the street and shouting at them I don't really see what harm it does. Meeting people from different cultures and attitudes on race is always interesting and can be shocking. But if you simply blow up and start getting annoyed, it's not going to convince anyone apart from that non-racists are humourless over-sensitive pricks.

However, if you do wish to confront her I recommend two approaches. She's Spanish right? There are countless racist terms you can use about her kind. Explain to her how Anglo-Saxons feel they are superior to those from the Iberian Peninsula because we didn't get ****ed by the Moors through the middle ages. Ask her what it's like to be a half-caste, etc. These sorts of things annoy racists no-end.

Alternately, be eminently reasonable and concentrate on small factual details in her views. If she says that 90% of the people in her home town are Muslim, find out the true proportion and correct her. This is also intensely annoying...

(In short I can't answer your original question, heh)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:46   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
well the original point was about my friendship, i suppose you could insert just about any potential problem in there and it would be the same, shes from madrid apparently, i dont know which area tho, and it wasnt so much her views, i was just shocked in the manner they came out. If she went up to someone and shouted at them id at least have something to relate her to!!! it was more, well i dont know how to express it but she ended her sentances on the assumption i agreed, like 'dont you think', maybe she was being sincere, i guess i just found her irritating, combined with being annoyed that i wasnt more assertive :|
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:47   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

oh and there is a difference between the internet and real life
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:51   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I think spanish women all smell and have hairy armpits, maybe you could start there?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:52   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
maybe she was being sincere, i guess i just found her irritating, combined with being annoyed that i wasnt more assertive :|
So basically you got owned by a girl?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:52   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Also, tell he she descends from a developing county full of lazy tossers.

"Oh no, I slept late and missed work. Time for a siesta!"
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:56   #8
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
So basically you got owned by a girl?
mate she never shut up, she moved from topic to topic before my mind could even comprehend a defence, i was shocked and awed ( i mean look at the list of topics i mentioned, she went through all of them in like 2 hrs!!!!!) i need time to think and contemplate what is being said!!!!
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 00:02   #9
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Mention to the lazy fish stealing cow how bad mass generalisations are
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 01:15   #10
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh hell. I have a similar case here between my friends. The girl is an emotional black hole, never laughing or smiling and doing its best to ruin erverbody's else mood including the mood of her boyfriend. Whenever somebody resists, the person is set onto an internal blacklist and her boyfriend is talked over to never visit his old friend again. Unfortunately he is completely smitten by her. It is a weird kind of love - hate relation. He has almost no friends left by now.

There is no smooth solution. I have no idea how bad your "bitch of hell" is, if you can't tolerate her, don't. If you can, do. Try to avoid her. Talk to your friend about it. Show her the limits without insulting. Since she is the girlfriend of your friend, it is clearly his duty to restrain or fire her, not yours.
If she violates your feelings to much, tell her and watch what your friend is doing.
Besides, there are many, many other nice ppl around. So if push comes to shove and your friend makes a complete fool of himself, let him go. Perhaps he will be Ok again later, or you find a better friend.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 02:15   #11
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just go "What the ****!?!?!" next time she gets like that. While she's confused go into a huge angry rant about how ignorant she is. She try arguing back, but (hopefully) your friends will back you up on some points, if she's got 2 brain cells to rub together she'll at least keep her opinion to herself after that.

And if your friend dumps you for a girl, he's not your friend.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 02:33   #12
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Nod on IRC uses the word faggot every second line.

I made him do that.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 03:26   #13
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
when there is a lier, you dont let him lie and lie around
you spot him and call him a lier
same thing with dirty racist
you dont have to swallow her bull****
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 12:26   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Mention to the lazy fish stealing cow how bad mass generalisations are
That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:20   #15
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a similar thing happen to me. A mate had a new gf. She wasnt only racist by using it as casual conversation, she actually wanted all 'pakkis' to die.

Let me just say that how she felt about asians and blacks can not be put on this board (fr decencies sake).

I refused to see her again, explained to my mate why and he was a bit pissed off, he hadnt heard her 'rant' and thought i was exagerating. Untill 3 days later when she went into her little speech with him around. hence to say thier relationship was not a long one.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 02:43   #16
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Ask her if she had a bad experience with a black guy, and/or his "tool"

No seriously, tell her what an ass she is.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 02:48   #17
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
You can give me a call and we can talk about things and topics and that kind of stuff without the racism (I'm not racist!).

Matrim