User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 11:25   #1
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question to the powers that be about standard ranks/avatars.

why am i an LC but i have the commander avatar. just confuzzled me.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 11:53   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Question to the powers that be about standard ranks/avatars.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
why am i an LC but i have the commander avatar. just confuzzled me.
Who firiggin cares?!

Last edited by Structural Integrity; 30 Jan 2003 at 13:50.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 12:03   #3
Xillah

i just noticed it and thought it was weird
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 12:39   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Question to the powers that be about standard ranks/avatars.

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Who firiggin cares?!

look @ me retro 2k2!
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:13   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Because you were a Commander before the purge. The avatars probably aren't selected on rank as you post, only when you try and change.

Now. Say something funny.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:17   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Its all one big mystery :eek:
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:17   #7
Kiss

Xillah in "Wank" thread shocker.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:18   #8
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Because you were a Commander before the purge. The avatars probably aren't selected on rank as you post, only when you try and change.

Now. Say something funny.
your right actually, just checked the avatar page and this one isnt there for me to select. i'm cheating the system. 'woo hoo'
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:20   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
your right actually, just checked the avatar page and this one isnt there for me to select. i'm cheating the system. 'woo hoo'
Ace. I helped a fellow human being with a problem. Now I'm going for some tomato soup, and maybe a baguette filled with Stagg chilli, at this stage I just don't know
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:22   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
I post so much crap I am actually a commander again. Come to think of it I post so much crap I think i'm a commander twice over now!
\/

We should turn this thread into a "bring back postcounts" thread so we can make sure.
Thereby, we haven't had one of those threads around for some time now, and we have to keep Karm on his toes, no?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:23   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'm told I 'broke the back of a thousand'

I'm disgusted.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:35   #12
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiss
Xillah in "Wank" thread shocker.
Its not a shock, its pretty normal for any thread i make me little sugar puff.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:39   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I would like a custom avatar.
Who do i have to pay off/screw/threathen?
I can do all three!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:41   #14
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I would like a custom avatar.
Who do i have to pay off/screw/threathen?
I can do all three!
i too have been on this mission. So far i have discovered that swallowing Ashknights man fat will get you nowhere.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:45   #15
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Well I kinda know mine is 1000+. When someone put the larryfish style up unedited, it had post counts on. Mine at the time was like 900+!

Anyway Im off to eat!
I just did a quick post search for me and got 449, i guess this post gets me to commander (or is it 500?, who gives a ****)

for you i got 1195. thats is disturbing.

[edit] guess its 500 [/edit]
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 13:50   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
'bring back postcounts'

soryy, haven't said it in a while
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:02   #17
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
postcounts would be "kewl" again ;/
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:06   #18
Xillah

Xillahs forum wish list:

1) html enabled
2) Postcounts
3) Custom Avatars

None of these will happen ofcourse. ever. (even though every other jolt forum has them)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:19   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Xillahs forum wish list:

1) html enabled
2) Postcounts
3) Custom Avatars

None of these will happen ofcourse. ever. (even though every other jolt forum has them)
nah.... only the postcounts are on my wishlist. Image tags, HTML and custom avatars are just too easilly abused and would thus break more than it would fix. That's one thing that I certainly agree with the mods.
There is enough room for postcounts though IMO.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:19   #20
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
and that you are gay and trying to find some manly company in these forums.

we should really have a "Dating"-forum attached to these so that ppl like iniluki can find the company they long for.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:25   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
HTML, image tags, and custom avatars are not "cool".They are to easily abused. I do in fact long for the days where custom ranks were hard to get. But then again, im strange!
Postcounts would have been fun, but its not neccesary. But fun is fun.

I dont think the search function is fully trustabale, as i have few posts(in the search) now then i had when larryfish was enabled.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:31   #22
Xillah

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
HTML, image tags, and custom avatars are not "cool".They are to easily abused.
i fail to see the problem :D
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:43   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
i fail to see the problem
Didn't you see the Jolt thing that happened? HTML in posts is bad and will result in broken templates and malicious scripts.

Custom avatars is bad because there are always people who will be pushing the limits.
It's not as easy as ban & fix. It brings a whole lot of work and puts more pressure on the mods to decide what is acceptable and what is not. If you just look at the crap they take now just for deleting a dubious post or signature. You don't want to get started with avatars if you can already predict that this is going to happen.

With postcounts I can live. Yes there will be "look at my postcount" threads, but I don't believe they will be that bad, or even a daily occurence. Neither do I believe that they encourage spam. If you implement a top10 page, yes, I can see problems with this, but postcounts in itself don't encourage spam and will show how active one is in the community.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 14:52   #24
Xillah

Quote:
Didn't you see the Jolt thing that happened? HTML in posts is bad and will result in broken templates and malicious scripts.

Custom avatars is bad because there are always people who will be pushing the limits.
It's not as easy as ban & fix. It brings a whole lot of work and puts more pressure on the mods to decide what is acceptable and what is not. If you just look at the crap they take now just for deleting a dubious post or signature. You don't want to get started with avatars if you can already predict that this is going to happen.

With postcounts I can live. Yes there will be "look at my postcount" threads, but I don't believe they will be that bad, or even a daily occurence. Neither do I believe that they encourage spam. If you implement a top10 page, yes, I can see problems with this, but postcounts in itself don't encourage spam and will show how active one is in the community.
I'll give you html, but img tags would be pretty nifty still.

As for custom avatars you would get ****tards (i love that word) that would spoil it but the novelty would wear off eventually.

Postcounts would be nifty but i think karm said they would never return ever. bitch

sadly het none of the above anyway though.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 15:00   #25
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:

As for custom avatars you would get ****tards (i love that word) that would spoil it but the novelty would wear off eventually.

it's always the ****tards who spoil everything for the ones with good intent. If we all were model-forum-users we would have had imagetags, HTML and avatars by now. But because we aren't, we don't have them.
So, either we, the normal forum users, can kick or alienate the ****tards, becoming all "boring" model-users, like on Jolt, or we can put up with the ****tards, have a good "on the edge" thread once a while, and leave the HTML and avatars for what they are.

I choose for the latter option though.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 15:40   #26
Xillah

Quote:
it's always the ****tards who spoil everything for the ones with good intent. If we all were model-forum-users we would have had imagetags, HTML and avatars by now. But because we aren't, we don't have them.
So, either we, the normal forum users, can kick or alienate the ****tards, becoming all "boring" model-users, like on Jolt, or we can put up with the ****tards, have a good "on the edge" thread once a while, and leave the HTML and avatars for what they are.

I choose for the latter option though.
theres a difference between bending the rules a bit like most of us do and and being a complete ****tard. When i say some twat would **** it up i mean the admins will wake up one morning and see long hard ****s or somthing in a bunch of peoples avatars. Then a week later a couple of other ppl will have some other filth in there. A week after that avatars would be gone.