User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:05   #1
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about transformers

Whys it called 'Transformers: Armada' on sky one. And why's the leader a ****ty truck and the secong in command a hard as spaceship thing?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:22   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Exclamation

It is solely done to irritate you and Leonard Nimoy.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:27   #3
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Phantom has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom has a spectacular aura about
The name has something to do with the mini-cons, and Optimus Prime has always been a truck, so thier not going to change him now

I wish you intelligence for luck runs out sooner than you think

I give up on death before i give up on life
and now i don't know what to do
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:29   #4
Xillah

I was more of a MASK fan as a kid so enlighten me:

There wernt minicons in the original?

what was the point in the show.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:31   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's rubbish, and has a stupid plot.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:31   #6
Ðiscorporation

Is it the same set with the dragon megatron?

The creators that show deserve to be shot..
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:32   #7
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah

There wera and they were called microbots.

Minicons is like saying tinyc*nts =/
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:34   #8
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:

Course not, Armardas the latest series, and its all about the Autobots and the Deceptacons running around Earth trying to get hold of all these anoyying little robots (about 5feet tall) called mini-cons, cuse they can inhance thier powers.

Bad animation, bad plot, tho i'm told it gets better towards the end

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:34   #9
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN
There wera and they were called microbots.

Minicons is like saying tinyc*nts =/
No microbots and mini-cons are totally different

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:36   #10
Xillah

what was the point in the original Transformers, did it still have those whiny little kids on it?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:38   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
what was the point in the original Transformers, did it still have those whiny little kids on it?
The show takes place over the course of about 40 years.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:39   #12
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
No microbots and mini-cons are totally different

Damn it, you're right.

I thought you guys meant the absolutely HORRID anime-style transformer series. whoever made that deserves to be shot. yes. with bullets and cum..
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:41   #13
Kiss

Oh dear, I've stumbled into a retard party.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:41   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Damn it, you're right.

I thought you guys meant the absolutely HORRID anime-style transformer series. whoever made that deserves to be shot. yes. with bullets and cum..
This is that one, I think.

ORIGINAL SERIES ALL THE WAY.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:42   #15
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
No it had different whiney little kids you wanted to kill instead. And the point, giant robots fighting a war on Earth thats been going on for millions of years (hey it was japanese and you know how they like thier giant robots)

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:43   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
No it had different whiney little kids you wanted to kill instead. And the point, giant robots fighting a war on Earth thats been going on for millions of years (hey it was japanese and you know how they like thier giant robots)
The original series was just about making a market for toys.

Didn't stop it being fantabuloso though.

And it had a film with Orson Welles in it.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:45   #17
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
I'm currently wearing an optimus prime t-shirt

Tranformers was one ace program, got the start of the original series on DVD.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:46   #18
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The original series was just about making a market for toys.

Didn't stop it being fantabuloso though.

And it had a film with Orson Welles in it.
No the third series on was about just marketing the toys, before that, tho they had toys its was just giant robots fighting each other.

And the film rocks

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:47   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
I'm currently wearing an optimus prime t-shirt

Tranformers was one ace program, got the start of the original series on DVD.
According to Family Guy, optimus prime is Jewish.

and I have ALL of it on my hard drive.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:48   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
Soundwave = ace
I always wanted a soundwave
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:49   #21
Xillah

the toys were cool. all i got were he-man figures (i cant believe my dad let me play with such a homosexual toy), MASK figures (they were ok, i had the base too.), and thundercats (Lino's eyes glow when you put a ring in his back, so did mumra's)
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:49   #22
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
The only decent transformer series' were the ones before Beast Wars. And even some of the stuff with Galvatron tended to be a little weird (weird storylines in space).

I liked it when they could just shoot each other with guns without having to yell out 'Super Dragon-Kungfu Tornado Utima-Blast attack!'. The anime creators should be given a 21 gun salute - to the face.

Soundwave = ace
HEY!!! Bont nock Beast Wars, Beast Wars was ace. The firswt 6eps are rubbish but after that, its great! Especally the one when Starscream posses Waspinator

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:49   #23
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
According to Family Guy, optimus prime is Jewish.

and I have ALL of it on my hard drive.
Burn it and send me, ta (I broke my megatron :'()
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:50   #24
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
I always wanted a soundwave
My brother had a Soundwave.....think i broke it....

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:51   #25
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
HEY!!! Bont nock Beast Wars, Beast Wars was ace. The firswt 6eps are rubbish but after that, its great! Especally the one when Starscream posses Waspinator
Crap story though =/
Total deviation from the first (set of) series, a series so unbelievebly ace that there should be added a new defenition to the term 'ace'
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:51   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Burn it and send me, ta (I broke my megatron :'()
The legs of my Metroplex came off

Galvatron's batteries still work though, for no apparant reason as they're nearly as old as I am.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:52   #27
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
the toys were cool. all i got were he-man figures (i cant believe my dad let me play with such a homosexual toy), MASK figures (they were ok, i had the base too.), and thundercats (Lino's eyes glow when you put a ring in his back, so did mumra's)
Had them, and Tramsformers, & Tenage Mutant Hero Turtles, & a fake letter from santa teling me Rudolth refused to carry anymore Turtle toys

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:55   #28
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Quote:
Crap story though =/
Total deviation from the first (set of) series, a series so unbelievebly ace that there should be added a new defenition to the term 'ace'
No it had a Great story

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:56   #29
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
The legs of my Metroplex came off

Galvatron's batteries still work though, for no apparant reason as they're nearly as old as I am.
I once had the chance to buy a Trypticon, complete, for only 22.50 (euros).
My mom said 'no'.

:'(

But, err, you have all the episodes?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:57   #30
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
No it had a Great story
No it didn't.
It does have the coolest (transformer)quote ever, though:

"Duly noted. And ignored!"
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 09:59   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
No it didn't.
It does have the coolest (transformer)quote ever, though:

"Duly noted. And ignored!"
I prefer "Well, enough bargaining. REMOVE YOUR HEADS!"
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:00   #32
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
I prefer "Well, enough bargaining. REMOVE YOUR HEADS!"
Headmasters?
[chuckle]

It got a bit weird there, though =/
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:00   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Headmasters?
[chuckle]

It got a bit weird there, though =/
First episodes with them in.

96, 97, 98 - 'The Rebirth'

[edit]

Other people don't find the 'Headmasters' as funny as I do as a name
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:03   #34
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
First episodes with them in.

96, 97, 98 - 'The Rebirth'
Kwaaaaa
You have been elavated to 'deity' status, now \o/

(I feel so geeky =/)

[edit]

More funny since the only girl-autobot was one \o/
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:06   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
http://www.angelfire.com/space/mrl/transformers_eps.JPG

Angelfire, so a cut and paste jobby

There's a few of them.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:07   #36
Xillah

wow, i dont think a threads post count has gone up so fast since vampy dished out a link to a tit shot

BTW, i thought optimus prime died?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:09   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
wow, i dont think a threads post count has gone up so fast since vampy dished out a link to a tit shot

Well, he died then came back as part of a Quintesson plot.
Then he died again.

Then his body was found by some human scientists, and then sent off again.

Then after another Quinty plot he came back for good, and Rodimus gave up the Matrix to become plain old Hotrod again.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:09   #38
Ðiscorporation

Quote:

Silence, fool!
Yes, he did die
As an 11 y/o, it was a very traumatic experience =/

(and MrL, I'm tgoing to be forced to leech those episodes from you when I have my new compy =/)
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:10   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Silence, fool!Yes, he did die
As an 11 y/o, it was a very traumatic experience =/

(and MrL, I'm tgoing to be forced to leech those episodes from you when I have my new compy =/)
See also: Divx of Transformers the movie.

I have a really really old video of it too.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:12   #40
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
See also: Divx of Transformers the movie.

I have a really really old video of it too.
o_

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:15   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

What a strange smiley
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:19   #42
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
What a strange smiley

its a lil worshipping smiley. isn't it cute?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:21   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
its a lil worshipping smiley. isn't it cute?
It's really really hard to get a good prostration smiley
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:25   #44
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
It's really really hard to get a good prostration smiley
I'm sorry, I'm not for sale

(and yes, it is hard =/)
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:28   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Anyways, back on topic:

Starscream lolz.

Noting of course everyone's inability to shoot straight unless required by the plot.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:37   #46
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Anyways, back on topic:

Starscream lolz.

Noting of course everyone's inability to shoot straight unless required by the plot.
I didn't like Starscream very much, really
I read, in one of the comics I managed to get, that he got the Matrix and became Uber.

Did you read any of the comics?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:38   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Did you read any of the comics?
I wasn't really a comic kind of guy :|
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:41   #48
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
I wasn't really a comic kind of guy :|
I picked a few up in spain, other then that, me neither
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:42   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I picked a few up in spain, other then that, me neither
I remember finding an enormous pile of Turtles comics in Germany in 2001, lying on a table in a hostel that I was staying in.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 10:43   #50
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
I remember finding an enormous pile of Turtles comics in Germany in 2001, lying on a table in a hostel that I was staying in.
Did you take them with you?