User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:33   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Earphones

I'm pretty sure Nod and Pab had a hard-on for headphones a while ago so i'm guessing they might be able to help me (help from other's is obviously also appreciated).

Anyways i think i'm gonna get an ipod mini (bought with my "hard-earned" gift vouchers from work).

Downside of an ipod is the earphones because:

a.) Everyone who sees those white earphones knows you have an ipod and labels you (either a twat, a ****, a potential mugging victim or "all of the above").

b.) They're uncomfortable (maybe i just have small ears or maybe, more like i think is the case, the ipod earphones are too big 'cause i cant listen to an ipod for > 2 hours without having to stop because my ears hurt so much).

c.) Going by my sister's ipod the earphones break "after a bit".

So i'll need new earphones whilst i'm buying the ipod.

Guide wise:

I want earphones NOT headphones.

Price has to be reasonable.

I don't really listen to much bassy stuff so they dont need to be "high spec".

Suggestions please ...
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:34   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Earphones

This may or may not help
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:35   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I don't really listen to much bassy stuff
So you listen to poof music don't you?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:39   #4
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

These are the earphones i always used because the head of them was smaller than most and more comfy...

Ipod ones are shite - The rubber from them falls off and one of my mates got it stuck in his ear.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:40   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
So you listen to poof music don't you?

Says the person with recent Eminem song lyrics in his signature :rollmy****ingeyes:
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:40   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Says the person with recent Eminem song lyrics in his signature :rollmy****ingeyes:
A bloke talking about a lady's bum?

Very poof.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:41   #7
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

don't buy an Ipod, they're not as good as the rest of the market.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:45   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
A bloke talking about a lady's bum?

Very poof. :rolleyes:

I was more questioning how you are in a position to judge anybodies choice in music*

*whether it be "poof" or otherwise
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:47   #9
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I was more questioning how you are in a position to judge anybodies choice in music*

*whether it be "poof" or otherwise
Dude, I was only joking. Lighten up.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 00:50   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Anyways ... "EARPHONES"
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 01:05   #11
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

I would strongly reccomend a Creative Zen Micro instead- longer battery life, a bit cheaper [been a while since i checked tbh], radio, voice recording etc.

I can also give you many technical reasons why NOT to buy an ipod and to get any other MP3 player around if you wish.

And i agree with not wanting white earphones- ug.

I can't seem to find the particular type I use- a shame, expensive sony- but you can really hear the differance, and I mean really hear it.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 01:06   #12
Blastoderm
________

A friend of mine has this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...081809-2447632

It's pretty good when I tried it.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 01:47   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
A friend of mine has this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...081809-2447632

It's pretty good when I tried it.

i have those too and especially if you have songs with a deep base in it (and not some hellbeat of 180 BPM that you cannot apreciate anyway) they are excellent.

just ordered an ipod shuffle btw, but will definately hook up with my old earphones
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 05:22   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I would have recommended Sony also, never had a pair yet I wasn't satisfied with.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 05:37   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
IDownside of an ipod is the earphones
No it isnt, all default earphones are worthless no matter what player you get. The cheapest pair of earphones that are 'listenable' are the Shure e2cs, but ideally you want etymotic er6i's or shure e3cs/e4cs. Order from america or else you'll pay a shitlload - the e2cs are about £50, the rest are around £100.

I'm going to be ordering my e4cs in 2 weeks time

edit: if money is an object, then these seem to get decent reviews over at head-fi.com, although not compared to the ones I mentioned above. I havent listened to them myself, but apparently the bass is incredibly strong (ie overpowering). In anycase, make sure you get canalphones - there is nothing else that you can reasonably listen to in public, including proper headphones. These are (afaik) the cheapest canalphones you can buy, so they might be your best bet.

edit2: on a sidenote, consider not getting an iPod. Although I've never owned one, I can take a guess how incredibly annoying it must be not being able to mount your mp3 player as a portable harddrive. I'm sure youll have fun having to use iTunes for everything, and needing to install special software whenever you want to connect it to a PC.

Last edited by Nodrog; 25 Aug 2005 at 05:56.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 05:39   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
You can't really enjoy music enough with earphones is my experience.These[/url] are nice enough, or maybe these
Have you ever listened to good earphones (ie shure/etymotic)? Given you are linking koss phones as being high quality, I'm guessing not

Headphones dont block outside noise unless you spend serious money on a noise-isolating pair, and even then they will be vastly inferior to the isolation you get with a cheap pair of canalphones. Headphones might be a good choice if youre listening to music in your room, but not for a portable player.

Last edited by Nodrog; 25 Aug 2005 at 05:59.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 08:40   #17
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

I damn happy with my SONY MDREX51, especially the bass-line.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 08:51   #18
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
just ordered an ipod shuffle btw, but will definately hook up with my old earphones
you wont regret it.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 09:26   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Headphones dont block outside noise unless you spend serious money on a noise-isolating pair, and even then they will be vastly inferior to the isolation you get with a cheap pair of canalphones. Headphones might be a good choice if youre listening to music in your room, but not for a portable player.
Not so, most high quality closed back headphones will block outside noise sufficiantly better than canalphones.

The pair I have at present (Sennheiser HD-270) are a little too efficient at blocking outside noise, that I can't hear people sneaking up from behind me or the rather loud humm of my broken video card fan.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 10:24   #20
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Posting to agree with djbass, my pair of Koss UR-29's cancell out most of the surrounding noise. They arn't OTT but they do the trick as far as sheilding goes.

Obviously they are not what Dace is after though as they are fairly bulky for headphones. Do consider a pair of HD Senn's though, they are very slim and dont look bulky or rediculous at all. However price might be the sticking point if you go down that path, as you could get an equivalent (to your ears) pair of earphones for a lower price.

I'd go with Nod's recommendation with regard to the earphones. I dont think Senn's are well known for their small stuff; so stick with the brands that 'specialise' in that area.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 10:54   #21
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I use http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...clickfrom=name

Which are very nice if you don't mind the constant feeling that your ears are being raped.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:29   #22
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
all default earphones are worthless no matter what player you get.
o rly?
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:24   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
you wont regret it.

I hope so.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:27   #24
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

so whats special about an Ipod shuffle then?
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:39   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

i got these

Feel free to savage them if you so desire.

They've not been opened so i suppose i can take them back if i'm advise that they're the worst the world has to give etc.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:43   #26
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

I had some like that once, they were ok.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:56   #27
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
i got these

Feel free to savage them if you so desire.

They've not been opened so i suppose i can take them back if i'm advise that they're the worst the world has to give etc.
It's similar to what I suggested but I'm not sure which one's the latest version.....
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 00:25   #28
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
so whats special about an Ipod shuffle then?

handy, stylish, batterycharged, easy going, good to use etc etc
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 15:57   #29
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

I mean is there actually anything different about it than a normal non Ipod hdd thing?
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 16:51   #30
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I mean is there actually anything different about it than a normal non Ipod hdd thing?

it isn't hdd.
Unread 29 Aug 2005, 17:02   #31
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

ah, so thats whats different then.