User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:18   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
General Hostility Towards Americans

Allow me, dear friends, to share with you some comments from my rep page.

--------------------------------------------=Comments=-----------------------------------------------------------

stop whinging you dumb american ****
actually, yes they are. they pretty much founded your ****ing shitty country
you drink and drive, live in america and wear pink.
shit thread shitty american poster
Your thread stinks... typical American

--------------------------------------------=End Comments=-----------------------------------------------------

Now these comments were made to me from people who didn't even have the decency, or balls, to sign their comment.

No matter.

Some of those, namely the first 2 were made in response to one of my rather blatantly sarcastic responses about londoners, and the other was about gas prices being through the roof.

I digress.

However, I wondered why there was such hostility towards me for being an American? To be quite honest, I don't really give a shit if people like ME, but over the years and talking to friends I've noticed thatjust about all of you people across the Atlantic despise us for some reason or another.

Here I shall review the reason as to why I think they are hostile towards Americans.

1. Perhaps the English feel shadowed by America.

2. Perhaps they are bitter about losing the American revolution War.

3. Perhpas they feel as if they don't matter as much as the United States does, and feel as if they're being used.

4. Perhaps they feel that Americans life styles are greater than thier own, therefore a certain amount of jealousy is involved.

Here I shall review the reasons why I feel the British and Europeans should be thankful and non-resentful.

Edited out. - Qazok

So, to wrap things up, I feel as if the British and Europeans should stop all this Anti-american crap and be thankful that they have allys like us. We have never affected your lives directly.

In short I think the British and Euros are jealous of something they don't, and never will have.**

America.

Let the flaming commence.

*Chuckle.
**All of this is indeed personal opinion. If you don't like it, shove it up your ass because I don't care.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.

Last edited by QazokRouge5; 23 Jul 2005 at 17:53.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:21   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: General Hostility Towards Americans

No, it's American arrogance.

Look through all of your potential reasons. They all attempt to indicate that America is better than any European country. It's not.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:25   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh for god's sake ...
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:25   #4
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No, it's American arrogance.

Look through all of your potential reasons. They all attempt to indicate that America is better than any European country. It's not.
You say american Arrogance? I say the truth doing a naked tap dance in your face. For Chists sake we consider you people equals and yet you still think us arrogant?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:26   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

and your why you should love us list is flawed anyway. number 4, notably
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:27   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
You say american Arrogance? I say the truth doing a naked tap dance in your face. For Chists sake we consider you people equals and yet you still think us arrogant?
freedom fries
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:27   #7
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
and your why you should love us list is flawed anyway. number 4, notably
I believe my exact words were 'thankful and non-resentful' not 'love' there is a difference.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:28   #8
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
freedom fries
And you would live a life without freedom? I pity you.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:28   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clause 7 : Racism

All racist posts will be deleted and the user will be deleted. The moderators have a strict zero tolerance on such offences. Racism includes
threads which activly encourage "country vs country" and also which attack others based on their race, religion or nationality.

so not just a ban then. actual deletion. my my what a pity. missing you already
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:29   #10
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Show me the racism baby. Show me the racism.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:29   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
threads which activly encourage "country vs country" and also which attack others based on their race, religion or nationality.
it's almost as if i'm a lawyer ...
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:31   #12
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Well I'm guessing you'll be getting a little more negative rep from this thread.

Ok 1st off, I don't think it's just in Europe that Americans are despised, it's everywhere.
I'm Canadian & trust me, we hate you too.

Why are Americans despised?
It's a combination of American ignorance of the rest of the world, American arrogance & the foreign policies that are spawned as a result of that strange combination of ignorance & arrogance.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:31   #13
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
it's almost as if i'm a lawyer ...
So a thread pointing out that the Euros and Brits HATE the americans blindly and then asking WHY they do this, which none of you save furball have attempted to answer, is racist?

And thats not racism?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:33   #14
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
Well I'm guessing you'll be getting a little more negative rep from this thread.

Ok 1st off, I don't think it's just in Europe that Americans are despised, it's everywhere.

It's a combination of American ignorance of the rest of the world, American arrogance & the foreign policies that are spawned as a result of that strange combination of ignorance & arrogance.
Could you be more specific with the ignorance and arrogance? What forign policies are you speaking of? And have you met Americans that are BLATANTLY arrogant?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:33   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
So a thread pointing out that the Euros and Brits HATE the americans blindly and then asking WHY they do this, which none of you save furball have attempted to answer, is racist?

And thats not racism?
Quote:
threads which activly encourage "country vs country"
which bit of this do you not understand?
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:34   #16
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
that one was me. and as an american citizen i can call it a ****ing shitty country if i choose which i most certainly do.

now.

COCK OFF.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:34   #17
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

I'm not encouraging, I'm inquiring.

There's a difference.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:37   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just so you know, all your reasons for us hating you completely miss the actual reasons.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:38   #19
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
just so you know, all your reasons for us hating you completely miss the actual reasons.
TYhen LIST why you guys hate us. That's why i made this thread... to ask you guys.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:39   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog

here are your cliff notes.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:40   #21
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
here are your cliff notes.
I thought you cocked off?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:41   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
TYhen LIST why you guys hate us. That's why i made this thread... to ask you guys.
Quote:
threads which activly encourage "country vs country"
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:43   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Could you be more specific with the ignorance and arrogance? What forign policies are you speaking of? And have you met Americans that are BLATANTLY arrogant?
Quote:
Well shit, now I'm just all warm and fuzzy inside. I absolutely see your point of view!

Also: if you had problems with rep comments, here's a ****ing plan, take it up with a mod. At least you'd be able to find out who it was so you could direct your bile in the right direction instead of drenching the rest of us who hate you just because you post shit, not because you're an American who posts shit.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:43   #24
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

This is called General discussion unless I am much mistaken.

We are Discussing.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:44   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
I thought you cocked off?
christ. the only thing worse than a murdering drink-driving redneck is an illiterate murdering drink-driving redneck.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:46   #26
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

quazok you dont realise that the average brit doesnt really care about americans. this i am sure is pretty much vise versa. theres a big ocean in between us and so day to day happenings in america dont concern europeans too much.
as for why you get the feeling of 'hatred' between countries is because of threads like this. you ask for your country not to be hated, this is fine and perfectly acceptable however you then take it a step further and say why we should basically bow down and give you thanks etc.

Simple fact is, britain and europe would be a diffrent and imo alot worse off if the americans hadnt helped us in times of needs and also influences of your culture.

HOWEVER

the same applies to america, without europeans america would be lessened in its power. no one country does anything alone without the influences and help to some extent (no matter how small it is) countries.

Basically get over it, you think your the only people europeans dislike generally? you have not heard of groups like the BNP who show huge digust with those of an asian bckground especially to those who are from the middle east.

i would have thought that people on these boards are mature enough to over look such petty matters and use there intelligence. clearly threads like this shows that its a problem which runs through everyone.
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:46   #27
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Well shit, now I'm just all warm and fuzzy inside. I absolutely see your point of view!

Also: if you had problems with rep comments, here's a ****ing plan, take it up with a mod. At least you'd be able to find out who it was so you could direct your bile in the right direction instead of drenching the rest of us who hate you just because you post shit, not because you're an American who posts shit.
Ok. Perhaps that was an arrogant remark. I withdraw that.

But I still wish to know what policies and actions that the chaps across the sea consider benchmarks of american hostility.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:47   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Ok. Perhaps that was an arrogant remark. I withdraw that.

But I still wish to know what policies and actions that the chaps across the sea consider benchmarks of american hostility.
WARS

ALL THE TIME

FOR SIXTY YEARS

STARTED BY YOU
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:50   #29
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
quazok you dont realise that the average brit doesnt really care about americans. this i am sure is pretty much vise versa. theres a big ocean in between us and so day to day happenings in america dont concern europeans too much.
as for why you get the feeling of 'hatred' between countries is because of threads like this. you ask for your country not to be hated, this is fine and perfectly acceptable however you then take it a step further and say why we should basically bow down and give you thanks etc.

Simple fact is, britain and europe would be a diffrent and imo alot worse off if the americans hadnt helped us in times of needs and also influences of your culture.

HOWEVER

the same applies to america, without europeans america would be lessened in its power. no one country does anything alone without the influences and help to some extent (no matter how small it is) countries.

Basically get over it, you think your the only people europeans dislike generally? you have not heard of groups like the BNP who show huge digust with those of an asian bckground especially to those who are from the middle east.

i would have thought that people on these boards are mature enough to over look such petty matters and use there intelligence. clearly threads like this shows that its a problem which runs through everyone.
You make good points. I suppose this would be as good as a time as any to state that it was not my intention to give reasons for you people to 'bow to us as I did. Re-reading my post I realize thats what I did.

I agree with you. I would be very surprised if anyone in america even thought of the British once a day. Save of course the horrific bombings.

The reason I made this thread was indeed to ask the people across the sea what they thought, however it did not come across as I intended, no thanks to my own posting, no doubt.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:51   #30
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
WARS

ALL THE TIME

FOR SIXTY YEARS

STARTED BY YOU
Which wars would you be referring to?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:53   #31
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Which wars would you be referring to?
in my kneejerk response i missed out a vital qualifier.

WARS

ALL THE TIME

FOR SIXTY YEARS

THAT YOU'VE EITHER STARTED OR WADED INTO UNINVITED

better?
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 17:54   #32
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
in my kneejerk response i missed out a vital qualifier.

WARS

ALL THE TIME

FOR SIXTY YEARS

better?
Do you feel the need to be unresponsive and inspecific always? While using yourcaps lock?

And you called me illiterate?
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:01   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
And you called me illiterate?
yes.

korea. vietnam. panama. el salvador. afghanistan. honduras. iran-iraq. the gulf war. afghanistan again. the gulf war again. grenada. the bay of pigs. nicaragua. mozambique. angola. the phillipines. guetamala.

there have been quite a few of these war thingies.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:02   #34
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
that one was me. and as an american citizen i can call it a ****ing shitty country if i choose which i most certainly do.
Quote:
WARS

ALL THE TIME

FOR SIXTY YEARS

If you are an American citizen, then I think YOU need to take responsibility for YOUR actions.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:05   #35
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
If you are an American citizen, then I think YOU need to take responsibility for YOUR actions.
if you want you can substitute (in that second post) the word 'YOU' for 'The American Government which you appear to support wholeheartedly'.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:05   #36
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Well put.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:06   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well, i dont particularly hate you lot (<3) but i have a fair idea of why a lot of people do.

1. arrogance... sorry, but its true, im not sure how accurate it is, but that is definitely the perception we get over here. That the USA is hugely arrogant, in its treatment of other country's sovereignty, in its treatment of the environment, and in the way it views itself.

2. Lack of knowledge about the outside world. Again, not sure how true it is, but the idea of the average american is one of a hugely insular person who will probably never travel outside the borders of his country in his lifetime. There is a definite perception that as a nation, you have a HUGE lack of knowledge about the outside world.

3. Capitalism... this doesnt apply to everyone ofc, some people (nod) LOVE capitalism and think its the best thing ever. Some of us don't though. Afaik, the US is the most brutally capitalist country in the world (although of course you are no more capitalist than soviet russia was communist, but thats by the by).

4. Idiocy - This relates slightly to point two, but the general idea of an American outside America is of an uneducated boob. Not entirely sure why, but there it is.

5. Power - it has to be said, the worlds strongest power has always been disliked/hated by the rest of the world. That is what you are, learn to deal with some of the effects.

I would like to say that 5 is certainly not the most important reason, so don't go "LOLOL I WAS RITE!!". I would say 1. is the biggest.

Oh, and if you want to discuss this, address ALL my points please. I can't stand it when someone takes a tiny bit of the argument and ignores others, so please don't do that thanks.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:16   #38
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
well, i dont particularly hate you lot (<3) but i have a fair idea of why a lot of people do.

1. arrogance... sorry, but its true, im not sure how accurate it is, but that is definitely the perception we get over here. That the USA is hugely arrogant, in its treatment of other country's sovereignty, in its treatment of the environment, and in the way it views itself.

2. Lack of knowledge about the outside world. Again, not sure how true it is, but the idea of the average american is one of a hugely insular person who will probably never travel outside the borders of his country in his lifetime. There is a definite perception that as a nation, you have a HUGE lack of knowledge about the outside world.

3. Capitalism... this doesnt apply to everyone ofc, some people (nod) LOVE capitalism and think its the best thing ever. Some of us don't though. Afaik, the US is the most brutally capitalist country in the world (although of course you are no more capitalist than soviet russia was communist, but thats by the by).

4. Idiocy - This relates slightly to point two, but the general idea of an American outside America is of an uneducated boob. Not entirely sure why, but there it is.

5. Power - it has to be said, the worlds strongest power has always been disliked/hated by the rest of the world. That is what you are, learn to deal with some of the effects.

I would like to say that 5 is certainly not the most important reason, so don't go "LOLOL I WAS RITE!!". I would say 1. is the biggest.

Oh, and if you want to discuss this, address ALL my points please. I can't stand it when someone takes a tiny bit of the argument and ignores others, so please don't do that thanks.
1. Arrogance.I understand your points, all of them. I find it hard to pin Arragance on a country of over 200 million people. Neither the Census Department can tell you what every american is like in regards to arrogance. Because, of the simple fact, that everyone is different. I do not consider myself to be arrogant, I get on reasonably well with my friends in britain and Europe. Could you be more specific in the environment and treatment of countries part please?

2. Lack of knowledge. Again, going back to what i said. There are some dumb****s here, but that is in every country. I think it bols down to common sense. All you need to do to get along well with people from another country are to be respectful, curteous, and if you dont understand something then ask them to enlighten you. Not too hard. But then again thereare always dumb****s.

3. I'm not sure how to respond to this. what kind of Economy does Britain and the EU use?

4. Refer to point #2.

5. Yes, I agree with you.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:24   #39
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

There are americans on this board that aren't hated, and there are americans on this board that are indeed hated. Go figure, it must be the america-hate!

Secondly, thinking the hate shown towards the american government is specific to the british is so far from the thruth it's laughable. Trying to apply purely british reasons to this 'hate' is so far fetched I am actually laughing (or crying). AFAIK, britain had a far larger support for the war than the rest of the europe, and britain is still regarded as America's cute little lapdog over here.

My personal reasons for disliking some of the americans here, including you, is that I think you're incoherent, spastic, raving lunatics.

My own personal reasons for disliking the US government, that I can manage on the spot, is in no specific order :
fingerprinting all tourists, far-reaching religous fundamentalism (re: Jacksons nipple, abortion), wars I don't get ( Balkan, Iraq 2), general foreign policy (Colombia, your closest ally in SA is about the only country which is unsafe atm), an uninformed population (voting for Bush for 'values'? He's either a liar, or so incompetent it's scaring!), a widespread totally unfounded belief in the capitalistic system and lastly, being a major factor in pushing an economic system down the throat on poorer countries which massivly benefits us rich guys (specifically GATS, WTO and structural reforms conditions, various bilateral agreements concerning intellectual property)

And yes, I do know that the EU has its fair share of blame for the last one. Luckily, norway ain't part of it =)
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:26   #40
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
1. Arrogance.I understand your points, all of them. I find it hard to pin Arragance on a country of over 200 million people. Neither the Census Department can tell you what every american is like in regards to arrogance. Because, of the simple fact, that everyone is different. I do not consider myself to be arrogant, I get on reasonably well with my friends in britain and Europe. Could you be more specific in the environment and treatment of countries part please?
The environment thing stems from the fact that the american government seadfastly refuses to put a limit on immisions from cars and other such lack of green-ness.
Quote:
3. I'm not sure how to respond to this. what kind of Economy does Britain and the EU use?
we are also largely capitalist, but we (britan, who are in the EU btw, if you're talking about the bits of europe that don't envolve the UK, its the eurozone, at least the bits with any economy worth mensioning are), have the national health service, which seems to keep the lefties happy, and there are franchises like co-op which apparently is lefty somehow, but i'm sure somebody else understands more than me.

The stupidity comes from the image you present to the rest of the world, such as your great leader.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:26   #41
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:

2. Lack of knowledge. Again, going back to what i said. There are some dumb****s here, but that is in every country. I think it bols down to common sense. All you need to do to get along well with people from another country are to be respectful, curteous, and if you dont understand something then ask them to enlighten you. Not too hard. But then again thereare always dumb****s.

4. Refer to point #2.

5. Yes, I agree with you.

1. It isnt so much Americans as America... if you understand me. It's more the policies of the administration, foreign policies to be exact. When you have a clearly aggressive military leadership who want to conquer countries that are no threat to them for (as it seems to us) the natural resources held within. Then it seems FAR too much like you are abusing your power.
Of course all countries have done this at some point, but it is not merely what you are doing, but the WAY you are doing it. When no WMDs were found, you weren't the LEAST bit apologetic (this goes for blair as well). It is as if you do what you want, make up some shit excuses and when they are found to be bollocks go "oh well lol".
When your president uses phrases like "you are either with us or against us" and calls countries "evil" (WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???) then its like you are taking a moral high ground that you are really not entitled to.
With regards to the environment, America is the biggest polluter in the world (i think) and seems far more unwilling to stop the rot than anyone else (e.g kyoto); work it out.

2&4. Hey, i don't know why that is either, im just telling you the perception. You get stupid facts like "50 americans were killed by pillows in the last 6 months" and the average european will go "haha americans are so stupid". Im sure it is a completely unfair reason myself. But it is definitely a perception commonly held.
As for the insularity, i know its a bit rich to say that you are insular and then critique your foreign policy, but again, the perception is that you don't care about anything outside the 50 states. I am not saying I agree with that either, but its a very commonly held position.

3. I am not expert in the economies of all the countries in the world, but you generally do capitalism to a greater degree than most others. European countries normally have a fairly substantial welfare state. Capitalism is viewed as a pretty damn selfish philosophy, and so that rubs off on your whole country im afraid.

5. good
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:29   #42
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the difference is that your dumb****s work in the White House.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:32   #43
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

People here considered Bush the lesser of two evils, I'm afraid. Again the sad part is that most americans agree with you, but were powerless to do anything about it.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:34   #44
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Regardless of what you consider yourself to be, you come off as arrogant. In my personal experience, most reasonably mainstream americans have a very inflated view of their own countrys greatness. I
Quote:
I sat up all night and watched the last election on TV. The number one reason for voting for bush among the interviews among 'random americans' was 'morals and stuff'. I mean, there are lots of reason I could have understood, and would have had some kind of respect for, but 'morals'?! He tricked you into war, lied his ass off, and afterwards when his bluff was called, you all pretty much agreed it was for the better since Saddam was a bad guy.

This isn't about some dumb****s. This is about the majority of the US.
Quote:
Capitalism, although with various degrees of free healthcare, extensive social security nets and livable minimum-wages.
Quote:
4. Refer to point #2.
You've obviously never met middle-aged american tourists traveling the world. They really are 'special'. Granted, they are only a subset of your population, but it's the ones we actually get to see.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:38   #45
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I grew up in Dallas. From there it was a six hour drive to the nearest country, Mexico.

I currently live in Hanau, Germany. From here in six hours I can get to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria and Switzerland. That certainly makes it a bit easier for Europeans to visit other countries than for Americans to visit other countries. I also think that you will find that Americans who live as close to another country as Europeans are just as likely to have visited another country. Just about everyone I know from the Dallas area has been to Mexico at least once.

I sometimes wonder how many Europeans have actually travelled outside Europe. My wife spent 108 days traveling around the United States back before we were married, her nephew spent a week in Florida last year, and one uncle has traveled to Kenya on a number of occassions. Other than those three, the rest of her very large family have never left Europe. In other words they have never driven more than six to 10 hours or flown more than two hours to get to a vacation spot.

Just a side note. I have found that people on this forum (at least act like they) hate Americans far more than all of the rest of the Europeans I have met in my 16 years living in Europe. I suspect the reality is that GDers just pretend to hate Americans to piss off Americans on this forum.

Last edited by Texan; 23 Jul 2005 at 19:02.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:41   #46
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Again I find it hard to base opinions on a country of over 200 million people. Random people on the street can't speak for an entire nation.

As for Bush's morals, well again we felt he was the lesser of two evils. Most peoples minds are only one sided.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:42   #47
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

Texan:

The European countries are far more diverse than the states in the us are.

Secondly, I think the large majority of the Europeans are fairly indifferent to the US. I imagine this holds true for GD too. However, they won't post in these threads.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:42   #48
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

Quote:
I grew up in Dallas. From there it was a six hour drive to the nearest country, Mexico.

I currently live in Hanau, Germany. From here in six hours I can get to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria and Switzerland. That certainly makes it a bit easier for Europeans to visit other countries than for Americans to visit other countries. I also think that you will find that Americans who live as close to another country as Europeans are just as likely to have visited another country. Just about everyone I know from the Dallas area has been to Mexico at least once.

I sometimes wonder how many Europeans have actually travelled outside Europe. My wife spent 108 days traveling around the United States back before we were married, her nephew spent a week in Florida last year, and one uncle has traveled to Kenya on a number of occassions. Other than those three, the rest of her very large family have never left Europe. In other words they have never driven more than six to 10 hours or flown more than two hours to get to a vacation spot.

Just a side not. I have found that people on this forum (at least act like they) hate Americans far more than all of the rest of the Europeans I have met in my 16 years living in Europe. I suspect the reality is that GDers just pretend to hate Americans to piss off Americans on this forum.
What part of dallas were you from? i'm also from Dallas.
Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:48   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
point 1: this applies to few people i know.
point 2: the cultural difference and depth of divergent history between Spain and France and the Netherlands and Sweden and Italy is far greater than that between Oklahoma and Tennessee anyway.
Unread 23 Jul 2005, 18:49   #50
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Im usually really pro america
but this thread clearly shows (again) that most usa peeps really dont know anything about other countries

I think the main reasons people hate americans are:

The American lawsystem is very flawed.. with crazy million dollar law suits
and states where its legal to carry guns and shoot peeps when they break in ur house?

A bad social welfare system.. when people have political discussions they often refer to the usa as an example how things shouldnt be done..

While being greedy is the american dream...

Americans dont know anything about the rest of the world, they rely heavily on stereotipical ideas that they learned at school

The war in Iraq.. they want to police the world.. more then most other powerfull nations..
while they ignore human rights and international treaties themself when they see fit..

Extreme patriotism/nationalism and thinking their so great blabla while they aint all that special.. (they would know that if they would learn a bit more about the rest of the world..)
God bless america (Home of the free ?)

and they tend to look down on other cultures/countries...

They try to live up to stereotypical movie lifestyles...

and well Ive always wondered why americans talk about Europeans as if their one while European countries are economicly and culturually very different.. theirs no such thing as a standard european.. do u refer to the french when u talk about Europeans? or do u mean the people from poland? or a greek? or Sweden?
Even neighbouring countries can't agree on anything so I dont see how u guys can generalise that..

I may have forgotten a few things but this are the first things I could think of..
(sorry for my poor english but I cba to improve my grammer)

Flame on

btw most europeans hate americans just like how they hate eachother... I mean.. belgians hate dutchies.. dutchies hate germans.. everyone hates the french etc etc.. so you shouldnt worry about it to much

Last edited by Alessio; 23 Jul 2005 at 19:35.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote