User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 09:54   #101
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
Shocked at the joke, Zhil, settle down mate not everyone flames. Was just trying to help ya get back on the chair for another funny comment that will no doubt come later on this is the AD after all.
Sarcastic humour has lost its touch.

#aus

Last edited by Sn0w; 9 Feb 2003 at 10:21.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 14:54   #102
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Meth
It took 2 minutes to check the lists, write a ****ty 2 paragraph post, and blow you out of the water. Effective use of time i'd say. Probably less time than it took you to write your original post. In addition, you add to your performance by attempting to discredit me without even knowing me, and bringing my social life into the equation, which you also have no clue about. In a display which is akin to pointing out a spelling error, in terms of message board twatishness.

Well done boy, your performance was akin to NFU in round 5. The judges have given you a 3.5 average for the effort.
I've every right to discredit a moron that comes across as up-tight and arrogant. I was quite sure we had wrath in gal, but obviously your the one stood there holding the member list, so who am i to argue?

I also find it quite hard to beleive that you lot knew of killmarks wherabouts before 10 of his gal mates.

oh and bringing up NFU, top stuff.

*Qwak Qwak* WRATH ROCK *Qwak Qwak*

I bet you've both put it down in your C.V

-Necro

Last edited by Teh_Necro; 9 Feb 2003 at 15:01.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 15:19   #103
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
Your knowledge is highly lacking. You got only 1 right and we dont consider ourselves DTA. My sig should explain all, and being in the same C as us r6 if you are playing, u should be worried
my intel is more then accurate, my memory was ****e tho

and i do not fear any galaxy you are in .. you manage to **** it up well enough so anyone is willingly to sell you out \o/
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 15:39   #104
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
my intel is more then accurate, my memory was ****e tho

and i do not fear any galaxy you are in .. you manage to **** it up well enough so anyone is willingly to sell you out \o/
"lol"

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 17:11   #105
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Agamemnon
You forget though, that most of your iliad spies were kicked rather early on. (I sure as hell hope they were, as I pointed it out to command myself...) One of the members there even used a spy nick of yours from r4...
Kaneus was me, same as my r4 CELL/Tuba nick.

-Necro
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:50   #106
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
I've every right to discredit a moron that comes across as up-tight and arrogant. I was quite sure we had wrath in gal, but obviously your the one stood there holding the member list, so who am i to argue?
Well thats right really - you can't argue with it. Your galaxy did have people apply to Wrath, I remember me/Alby discussing them which is why I said "I thought..." earlier. Alby confirmed my own belief that they were never accepted into Wrath. Meth gave the final piece of evidence from the member list itself since I did not have it at hand anymore.

You have no right to discredit a moron - Meth wasnt being a moron. He simply blew your arguement out of the water along with me and Alby. Nothing arrogant about that, you attempted to claim something in saying you 'used Wrath'. obviously the founders of Wrath might have something to say about your comment there and we did. You got proven wrong and went to attack Meth.

Quote:
I also find it quite hard to beleive that you lot knew of killmarks wherabouts before 10 of his gal mates.
hahahahaha... the old "I didnt know it was Killmark". So funny, yet so tiring after so many rounds. Aga was the man which pointed out Killmark to me I believe and made efforts to stop that galaxy getting anything from Wrath/Iliad. He was successful on the Wrath front at least.

Quote:

oh and bringing up NFU, top stuff.

*Qwak Qwak* WRATH ROCK *Qwak Qwak*

I bet you've both put it down in your C.V
Probably because your control of the NFU situation was **** (as you later admitted to doing the wrong thing) and you attempted to flame Meth with some daft real life comment which was really low of you. And the NFU topic would surely strike a nerve - I laughed outloud at it at least.

And yes, Wrath did rock. And no, its not on CV (although I was asked about it in my interview)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:58   #107
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Kaneus was me, same as my r4 CELL/Tuba nick.

-Necro
Ah yes, that wonderful MULTI account you joined my galaxy with, then used to coordinate an attack by NFU against us from.

Yes brilliant strategy

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 14:48   #108
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Ah yes, that wonderful MULTI account you joined my galaxy with, then used to coordinate an attack by NFU against us from.

Yes brilliant strategy
NFU never co-ordinated an attack on your galaxy while i was there, the account became inactive after i left legion (who put me there in the first place).

As for zhil's comments, you can say what you like about me not knowing about killmark, as it genuinley doesn't matter at the end of the day, i'm a friend of his he's a friend of mine, but at the time i didn't know he was in my gal. Take it , leave, or indeed twist it.

If i may be so bold as to say i think Wraths performance is being varnished somewhat. You were a recruitment wing for an alliance which was dominating the round, and indeed had little to no opposition (NoCeX, Elysium \o/).

It's hardly like you were going to be short of applications, defence and indeed retals *chuckle*.

Please, do something worthy then come back and boast like you've just swam the english channel.

And before you compare it to nfu, and how victorious you guys were, well let me just point out that i'm not walking around with a sign saying "NFU was elite, blah blah we did this, blah blah we had that".

-Necro
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:28   #109
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing i can remember of NFU is that one of my R5 galmembers who was allianceless went in there, just to have an alliancebackup. All 25 fleets in my gal were utilized for Legion anyway.

I was always under the impression that NFU existed of those kind of people.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:30   #110
velcrome
dnb+thc

velcrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If i may be so bold as to say i think Wraths performance is being varnished somewhat. You were a recruitment wing for an alliance which was dominating the round, and indeed had little to no opposition (NoCeX, Elysium \o/).
thats true to some extend, but it is definitely not the reason why so many people consider wrath r5 to be a great place. imo wrath was one of the reasons fury did so well that round.

also there were lots of wicked moments, still unsurpassed with anything else i have seen. never again have i witnessed alliance raids, that were almost fully claimed, as soon as the bot recovered from the massive requests during the first 3 seconds

velcrome
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:53   #111
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

I'm not argueing for one momment that Wrath was a bad alliance, or indeed was not fun.

I'm sure you guys had a good time together, and yes i've heard that it was rather pleasnt there. However i was merley pointing out that Zhil is running round like a headless chicken brining up wrath at every possible momment.

I was wrong, in the end my gal had no wrath, although i never intetionally lied, was merley mistaken. However thats not what bothers me, its this "blown out of the water" ****. There was no argument in the first place. Hence term moron.

Hearts, so what if that was nfu was for? I make no illusions that we were a top of the range alliance, nor do i state that we were on the level of the likes of legion, fury and what not.

It was our first round, my only command experience prior to nfu was sorting out my galaxies raids, or if u would consider it experience running a starcraft clan. Your comments relate to that of a troll.

I'm proud of what we achived in the time we were together, i've amdited latley that it was a mistake folding her, but it still gives people like urself no right to slander us.

-Necro
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:17   #112
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
I'm not argueing for one momment that Wrath was a bad alliance, or indeed was not fun.

I'm sure you guys had a good time together, and yes i've heard that it was rather pleasnt there. However i was merley pointing out that Zhil is running round like a headless chicken brining up wrath at every possible momment.

I was wrong, in the end my gal had no wrath, although i never intetionally lied, was merley mistaken. However thats not what bothers me, its this "blown out of the water" ****. There was no argument in the first place. Hence term moron.

Hearts, so what if that was nfu was for? I make no illusions that we were a top of the range alliance, nor do i state that we were on the level of the likes of legion, fury and what not.

It was our first round, my only command experience prior to nfu was sorting out my galaxies raids, or if u would consider it experience running a starcraft clan. Your comments relate to that of a troll.

I'm proud of what we achived in the time we were together, i've amdited latley that it was a mistake folding her, but it still gives people like urself no right to slander us.

-Necro
R5 Wrath was a good achievement, if you cant see WHY then I really cannot be bothered explaining it again. The entire Wrath issue was brought up in another thread by sn0w claiming Iliad was better. I decided to push myself into the conversation and argue this - the thread got closed and I created a new thread. It allowed for some 'decent' discussion regarding Wrath, Iliad and other recruitment alliances.

I don't need to run around shouting anything. I know what I achieved, and I'm not looking for any praise from AD. Wrath was simply a vital part to Fury and seeing as this is "Alliance Discussion" has merit to be discussed.

NFU was raised after you attempted to weakly flame Meth for proving your point wrong. After all, the NFU disbanding because of Wrath is quite well known (and regarded as a comedy moment within my circle of friends)

Say all you want about the round itself and how you think it was 'easy'. It wasn't as easy as you make it sound. Wrath was on the forefront and took off quite slow near the start. Once NoCeX were totally doomed then things were easy on that perspective. Defense was fun. Attacks were fun. The NFU War itself was fun (for the short time it lasted). Defenses latter round were rare. Your application and retal comments are wrong however - there were a shortage of both (Although I couldnt care less regarding applications, I was already swamped with enough work).

Regardless I think you are missing the entire 'point' to why Wrath was brought up into discussion. It has a staple within PA History which is enough for me.

Regards,

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:42   #113
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

What Wrath/NFU War? There was none.

And yes your right you don't need to run around proclaiming how well Wrath did, but for some reason you seem to do so an awful lot.

And yes i'm sure your 'opposition' (for want of a better word) folding immediatley after you declaring war is quite funny, hell i'd of had a field day. However its something i did, something i regret and more importantly learnt from. People move on, why the hell don't you.

Stop living in round 5 Zhil.

-Necro
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:49   #114
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

irony coming from the guy who keeps trying (and failing) to resurrect his R5 alliance...

&Omega;
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:50   #115
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
What Wrath/NFU War? There was none.
Actually since you are taking this further I'll be pedantic with you. There WAS an official war. I made the declaration of war to a member of NFU command - it was roughly 20-24 hours before Wrath scheduled its launch upon NFU. NFU disbanded a few HOURS before launch so we WERE at war. The reason we use 'war' is because it was a very shortlived one - i.e you disbanded before our fleets went out.

Quote:

And yes your right you don't need to run around proclaiming how well Wrath did, but for some reason you seem to do so an awful lot.
Not really, Wrath has always been an issue that I get involved in on discussions much more than any other on boards, in public or in private. Its because I know it better than anyone. Thus why it probably appears proportionate to my postings.

Quote:

And yes i'm sure your 'opposition' (for want of a better word) folding immediatley after you declaring war is quite funny, hell i'd of had a field day. However its something i did, something i regret and more importantly learnt from. People move on, why the hell don't you.
Am I hitting a nerve with you Necro? It was a funny thing to happen (just as jokes nowaday can involve insulting someone or someone having an accident for 'comedic' purposes). Its a game, I see no real reason as to why I should feel much remorse. I never intended to destroy NFU, merely achieve some objectives for Wrath. Whether you learnt from it is not my debate to start I do move on, but that doesn't mean I don't forget my successes. R5 was my peak round within command, so just because it upsets some people doesn't mean I should just drop a subject when someone challenges me about it.

Quote:

I'm not. I don't see how you claim this to anyone else who comments on earlier rounds. Regardless, more you post, more I'll post in return

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:03   #116
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Your hitting no nerve, not now at least, admitedly you were the evil dictator whom stripped away our precious paradise, but not ne more.

Now you are a mere little whinge, sucking on the <expletive deleted> of those within your "circle of friends", hanging onto past glories. Someone who at any oppotunity will boast and portrait anything they've done good, just because noone else is willing too, or indeed because you feel that insecure about yourself that you require such a method of motivation.

-Necro

P.S. i won't comment further, i'm wasting my time here.

[edit]I have to admit it actually looks worse now than before I edited it, but it's out of line to 'get personal' on that level - Jester[/edit]
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:11   #117
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Your hitting no nerve, not now at least, admitedly you were the evil dictator whom stripped away our precious paradise, but not ne more.

Now you are a mere little whinge, sucking on the ball sacks of those within your "circle of friends", hanging onto past glories. Someone who at any oppotunity will boast and portrait anything they've done good, just because noone else is willing too, or indeed because you feel that insecure about yourself that you require such a method of motivation.
He's done more than you have, Necro. He's run a SUCCESSFUL alliance. He's been a Fury loyalist to the very end. He's involved in the creation of a new alliance. And he's proud of what he's done, and he has every right to be, due to his SUCCESSFUL track record. You haven't got a leg to stand on and you know it, which is why you're dropping down to the personal insults. It's pathetic and it's not doing a thing for your already tarnished personal image.

&Omega;
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:13   #118
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

Now you are a mere little whinge, sucking on the ball sacks of those within your "circle of friends", hanging onto past glories. Someone who at any oppotunity will boast and portrait anything they've done good, just because noone else is willing too, or indeed because you feel that insecure about yourself that you require such a method of motivation.

-Necro

Whinge? I'm not the one trying to spread lies about alliance x and when someone heavily involved in alliance x comes along to smash aside the lies utterly then proceeds to get personal and claim its some ego boosting propaganda adventure on AD to gain praise.

Indeed not. I will remember my time with Fury fondly, the bad and good - Wrath is one of the good (I got to put something into Fury and it paid off.) My rounds after were lacking, which Ive always admitted to. No insecurity there. As for my circle of friends I was simply phrasing it nice to not sound too egotistical. Alby who posted this thread for example definately doesnt suck up to me (We disagreed on things in r7 Wrath from time to time and led to 'fun' arguements).

I will admit that I am insecure in other things, but thats hardly relevant to your points at hand.

p.s. yes you are wasting your time

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:15   #119
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:

Now you are a mere little whinge, sucking on the <expletive deleted> of those within your "circle of friends", hanging onto past glories. Someone who at any oppotunity will boast and portrait anything they've done good, just because noone else is willing too, or indeed because you feel that insecure about yourself that you require such a method of motivation.

-Necro

Do you actually know Zhil? I know he can talk some when he wants to, but I think you are being a tad harsh with your accusations

Mind you, he is a brummie, so you can hold that against him
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:44   #120
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
He's done more than you have, Necro. He's run a SUCCESSFUL alliance. He's been a Fury loyalist to the very end. He's involved in the creation of a new alliance. And he's proud of what he's done, and he has every right to be, due to his SUCCESSFUL track record. You haven't got a leg to stand on and you know it, which is why you're dropping down to the personal insults. It's pathetic and it's not doing a thing for your already tarnished personal image.
Being 'successful' does not imply that you did 'more'.

Rd5 Wrath was excellent. By now everybody knows it. However, as long as Zh|l is jumping around like a chicken every time Wrath is mentioned ppl will not stop posting about it. If you want to give Wrath the credit it deserves not-posting on AD would help your cause more.
And yes, as AS said, dropping to personal insults is pathetic.

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:45   #121
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
oh no, the same old boring clique of PA on about the same old boring wank.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:49   #122
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
the same way I feel. However, I tried to make my post sound more 'diplomatic'

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 02:03   #123
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
\o/

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 02:56   #124
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Note: Admitedly i said i won't post here again, but sorry i never expected such a response, i'm going to go back on my decision, if only to save whats left of my dignity.

Where is this going? You edit my post because i tagged a personal insult on zhil? Did you overlook how hostile and personal meths reply was?

Anyways back on topic. I'll answer this in the manner you lot would, as clearly my own style is getting me nowhere with the level of iniative you guys posses.

Sqrl - I've attempted to reincarnate nfu once, it failed, due to me losing internet connection and another matter, something that i'm not willing to divulge to such people as yourself, or indeed anyone reading this post (and no, this isn't because it was a **** up that i'm ashamed to admit). Now please, found your comments before posting. Continue to troll if u do not feel it neccisary though, by all means.

Jester - see the initial message. If i'm genuinley missing something i'm willing to discuss it over board pm, i will not deniy i "had a dig" at zhil, however i presumed this was ok, as i've had several personal accusations thrown at me during the course of this thread, all of which you've clearly overlooked.

Zhil - Oh i've forgot what you posted, oh no wait its more dribble about how good fury and wrath was, go on son.

Meth - my intentions were not to discredit wrath in by any means, i was merley pointing out a scenario that related to this thread. They weren't lies, it was me genuinley making a mistake. However your not off the hook, you came accross as a moron, and a hostile, bitter one at that.

I'm here to discuss alliances, and discuss them, to some extent we have, but it is getting more and more hostile with each post, so at which point did you not expect me to lash out?

I'm human, i have no disillusions over my own abilities of communicating, hence y i don't expect to get very far with this reply with you guys, however i'm not sitting back while people comment on me, and only me for using personal attacks.

-Necro
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:48   #125
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
Wrath was really fun the short time I spent there, and if it was not for the fact I was kicked out of my house I would of been a Fury member right up until round 8. NFU at the time I was in it in round 5 was also fun... Right, I was accused of being a spy and was dragged through hell and back It did teach me a valuable lesson however, of what path to take in futur actions in this game. So I suppose I should thank you as well Necro for teaching me a valuable lesson (although it was more of your other staff I guess)

-A Molson night, and first post in many moons.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:49   #126
Silk_311x
Free

Silk_311x will become famous soon enoughSilk_311x will become famous soon enough
and, o yes, Snow, from what my drunking mind has understood, your arguments are lame and you shoul of stopped when you had the upper hand (before you posted your first post)
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 05:16   #127
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Sn0w, just on the note of my approximation of DTA for round 8. This is based on a fortnight period in which I was super active, coordinating the 3-6 battlegroups RaH had at it's disposal, doing a "trial run" to see if such coordination could be effective long term.

Given we certainly didn't want to bite off more than we could chew by hitting anything as predominant as Titans at the time, we opted for a target list of fewer planets. We were provided with a substantial DTA list of planets and galaxies by not only one of your enemies, but one of your allies (I included that in case you claim the coordinates must have been fake). On the opening night I think we hit around 6-7 DTA galaxies, and broke through on most.

Over the following 10-12 days I continued to attempt to do so on DTA, but after about day 3 ran out of targets. Short of maybe half a dozen or less planets which were out of our target abilities (the few DTA flagship planets, and one or two large galaxies) the rest were actually too small. I even found a couple of DTA smaller than me, and I think I could compete for most inactive planet player for round 8.

Having certainly expected to face a worthy foe by picking DTA, we found little to no defence or resistance, and a shortage of targets sizeable enough for our groups to hit.

Now, given RaH's solo stance during round 8, we did not have the giant galaxy group facilities we had during round 7, and compared to the Warring parties, it may be said we had a lot less firepower at hand. Knowing this, then seeing that the majority of DTA was too small for us to hit profitably (I switched our targetting to Titans in less than 5 days), it's clear to see why I hold the opinion that I do about round 8 DTA.

You even tried to attack me once I believe, I recall around 3-5 planets from 15:15 launching on me, all far far greater than me in power. Pity you all recalled after 1 tick
wtf are u tlaking about there is no way in hell that at any time that early in rnd 8 did we suffer loss in that amount trust me i saw on a every day what was lost and gained for all twenty some thing planets we had its no secret are full cords where leaked befor ticks started and guess what no one really did **** all to kill us off are frist major loss came to furbie-alomars planets and that was pretty far in to the round when that happned i do rember bashing fury to hell which was pretty much are only goal for rnd 8

oh and btw to those that think certine dta members etc got where they are because of there allince why dont u ask them who they really backed and if the chips where down where they whould go so big deal the they leached def form other places every one does it

wait now that i thik of it the only planet that lsot roids on the frist few raids was mine as it was so dam small and in a **** galxey
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 05:22   #128
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
let me say this to every one who "thinks" they know DTA or what we where about u dont know **** all about us unless u where on #dta on legion net u pretty much where clueless not dismissing the newer dta's which i really cba to go in to names but rnd 8 we had only one goal and that was to **** fury any way we chould guess what we did just that!
as far as players go its dam had to find a better collect of players than DTA when we can be assed to play rnd 8 we had the higest avg score and had at any given time 3 top 10 players

bottum line dta was a galxey that tunred in to a BG and has always been about a groupe of skilled players wathcing out for each other and owning every one else some ppl get it others dont and if u dont that **** off and die
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 06:19   #129
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
let me say this to every one who "thinks" they know DTA or what we where about u dont know **** all about us unless u where on #dta on legion net u pretty much where clueless not dismissing the newer dta's which i really cba to go in to names but rnd 8 we had only one goal and that was to **** fury any way we chould guess what we did just that!
as far as players go its dam had to find a better collect of players than DTA when we can be assed to play rnd 8 we had the higest avg score and had at any given time 3 top 10 players

bottum line dta was a galxey that tunred in to a BG and has always been about a groupe of skilled players wathcing out for each other and owning every one else some ppl get it others dont and if u dont that **** off and die
You did nothing to Fury in round 8. What in lords name are you talking about. You hit us a little and we walked all over all but your top planet, and we didnt see a peep from you the rest of the round.

Fury basically ****d our selves in rd 8, we started slow, didnt have allies when the opposition went into the round with allies, and tbh we didnt have the motivation in the membership to go out there. Unlike the other alliances we didnt have a Fury to hate to drive us to succeed. We were still holding our own when the round ended. We were light on top planets, because thats what the enemy chose to hit, but overall wed suffered no great defeats. We were not winning, but we were not yet defeated.

As far as your insane hatred of Fury, thats your issue. The pure unjustified malice of much of DTA to Fury would have been funny if it wasnt so sad. Fury, at least in rd 7, was nothing but loyal and served in good faith the agreements with Legion. Meanwhile Legion believed lies about us, went behind our backs, screwed us on retals, and at the end of the round attacked us. I certainly did get a little caught with my pants down, cause I had been doing my best to honor the spirit and word of our agreements with our allies, and in the end our longest standing allies turned on us.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 12:07   #130
Saitam
Tribologist

Saitam is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 2 can play that game...

Quote:
Originally posted by Heartshunter
The only thing i can remember of NFU is that one of my R5 galmembers who was allianceless went in there, just to have an alliancebackup. All 25 fleets in my gal were utilized for Legion anyway.

I was always under the impression that NFU existed of those kind of people.
Seing as the wrath of my galaxy where low score ex NoCeX I always considered Wrath to be made up primarily of those...
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:46   #131
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
We were still holding our own when the round ended. We were light on top planets, because thats what the enemy chose to hit, but overall wed suffered no great defeats. We were not winning, but we were not yet defeated.
I'd probably disagree if I could be bothered bashing it out with you over many posts. But I can't. So I won't.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:15   #132
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'd probably disagree if I could be bothered bashing it out with you over many posts. But I can't. So I won't.
Im not saying that Titans werent stronger and winning. But Im in a much better position than you are to say whether we suffered any defeats. Im sure you see roiding our top planets as a big defeat. We dont. You invested a certain number of ships to attack us every night and we defended by putting our resources where they would be most useful. Often that was not defending overkill attacks on top players. There were some situations where we lost a good number of ships, but that happens to everyone over the course of a round, none of them were major death tolls for us.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:29   #133
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Indeed, wars are never won by a few big planets, most of the time all their interested in is their own personal gain. The rank and file of an alliance wins wars, for some reason at about mid round we forgot that started to commit huge numbers of ships to try and stop Titans over kill attacks on a small number of our big players. Rather we should have concentrated on chipping away on their medium sized planets, while keeping ours intact a lesson which we seemed to have relearned by the end of the round.

I thought as the game went offline things were looking up for us, but I would think that wouldn't I ?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:48   #134
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
There were some situations where we lost a good number of ships, but that happens to everyone over the course of a round, none of them were major death tolls for us.
The girlee attack was. Focht even resigned.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
I thought as the game went offline things were looking up for us, but I would think that wouldn't I ?
Yes you would you Fury scummer.

Actually, I'd agree with you, we didn't concentrate on you much for the last week, and you were gaining a few roids everday, not from us though.

We had turned most of our attention to WP/Ely etc by then. I had wanted to rape Star-Erazor again though, after he got all them roids on the last day, so we'd have probably shifted attention back to yourselves that night. Fury ratio's were terrible, the second they got half decent we'd have concentrated on them again.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:04   #135
K-W
Bored

The girlee attack was not a death toll, why in heavens name you think you know more about Fury's internal status than me, I have no idea.

THe girlee attack was a bad judgement call, that is why focht resigned over it, not the results. It was an uneeded ship loss. It didnt hurt us that badly, it didnt reflect a change in momentum. It didnt start a chain reaction of us not defending our members. It was a bad strategic move on one day of combat that led to us taking a hit. It wasnt a major defeat or a death toll. It was really just a particularly bad day of combat.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:16   #136
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Indeed, wars are never won by a few big planets, most of the time all their interested in is their own personal gain. The rank and file of an alliance wins wars, for some reason at about mid round we forgot that started to commit huge numbers of ships to try and stop Titans over kill attacks on a small number of our big players. Rather we should have concentrated on chipping away on their medium sized planets, while keeping ours intact a lesson which we seemed to have relearned by the end of the round.
I was puzzled when Fury attacked Ketchup as well as other large planets.

It seemed rather an 'un Fury' thing to do.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 15:39   #137
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
The girlee attack was not a death toll, why in heavens name you think you know more about Fury's internal status than me, I have no idea.
We all saw the battle reports.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks on another thred
I was on the train on home when Pring sent me a SMS telling me of the losses, that you were having a field day on the forums and that Fury seemed to be in revolt over the whole thing.

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:05   #138
K-W
Bored

Quote:
We all saw the battle reports.
You saw the battle reports. You did not see the impact it had on Fury. Tell me this, did that battle lead to any significant change in the momentum of the war? The answer is of course no. THings continued on the same as they had been. Hicks was right, as the battle reports came in, peolple were getting all worried and as is always the case people catastrophized. Emotions run high when people lose ships. Its happened a million times. But when the dust cleared, the final result was that wed lost alot of ships. It was a bad battle and a bad day and it put us further behind the eightball, but it did not break us, it did not signal the end for us. It was not a turning point or a start of a new segment of the war. It was just a day where FUry took particularly large losses.

I realize that there is no way in hell I could ever convince you that Titans didnt totally own Fury and win rd 8. But the fact is that we were far from dead. We were losing, but we had yet to lose. Titans did a better job than Fury in rd 8. You went in with allies, and you went in with motivation. Fury gambled and stayed low key and didnt ally, and while it did keep us alive, the low key aspect, plus the fact that we were complacent after the round before led our players to get slow starts. So when we did start to make moves we didnt have the force we should have had and we didnt have allies setup. So you were in a much better position. Congratulations. You deserve all the credit in the world for that.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:14   #139
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
You saw the battle reports. You did not see the impact it had on Fury.
This is really funny to watch, because it's the opposite of the discussion Scouse and I had back in round 8 just a few days after the incident. Back then I was arguing that 'fury was dead' and 'you've won', while Scouse was saying 'there's still much left to do' and the like.

Oh well.

Jester
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:04   #140
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
stuff
I'd like to know when there has ever been a single battle that has completely turned any war, during any round of PA.

They all add up over a period. I never claimed it was a 'turning point' or a signal that Fury was dead. It added up with all the other smaller battles that Fury were losing.

There still was lots to do after the girlee battle, but I think that battle was as significant as any battle ever has been, in war terms, throughout all rounds of PA. I'm open to suggestions that beat it. Of course this is opinion based.

Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:18   #141
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
I'd like to know when there has ever been a single battle that has completely turned any war, during any round of PA.

They all add up over a period. I never claimed it was a 'turning point' or a signal that Fury was dead. It added up with all the other smaller battles that Fury were losing.

There still was lots to do after the girlee battle, but I think that battle was as significant as any battle ever has been, in war terms, throughout all rounds of PA. I'm open to suggestions that beat it. Of course this is opinion based.

I'd probably put a daft £5 on the 253:1 r4 victory for Xan/Legion being the most singificant battle won in any pa round. Although i did not take much of a part in r8, so i guess i cannot determine which of the two is more significant.

-Necro
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:28   #142
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
I'd probably put a daft £5 on the 253:1 r4 victory for Xan/Legion being the most singificant battle won in any pa round.
Well I happen to know a great deal about that, and it was a series of battle's, not just a battle. First we wiped out the rest of the gal over a few battles (they always defended Singu), then we kept having to launch on Singu to finally get to him.

The question I asked was rhetorical tbh, since no battle has ever turned a war one way or the other.

Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:29   #143
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Fury, at least in rd 7, was nothing but loyal and served in good faith the agreements with Legion. Meanwhile Legion believed lies about us, went behind our backs, screwed us on retals, and at the end of the round attacked us. I certainly did get a little caught with my pants down, cause I had been doing my best to honor the spirit and word of our agreements with our allies, and in the end our longest standing allies turned on us.

what's this about Legion attacking Fury at the end of round 7? Someone tell me more about this :P
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:34   #144
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
wtf are u tlaking about there is no way in hell that at any time that early in rnd 8 did we suffer loss in that amount trust me i saw on a every day what was lost and gained for all twenty some thing planets we had its no secret are full cords where leaked befor ticks started and guess what no one really did **** all to kill us off are frist major loss came to furbie-alomars planets and that was pretty far in to the round when that happned i do rember bashing fury to hell which was pretty much are only goal for rnd 8

oh and btw to those that think certine dta members etc got where they are because of there allince why dont u ask them who they really backed and if the chips where down where they whould go so big deal the they leached def form other places every one does it

wait now that i thik of it the only planet that lsot roids on the frist few raids was mine as it was so dam small and in a **** galxey
Bob, stop salivating. Calm down long enough to climb off your horse.

Calm? Good.

Now examine my post, and find anywhere I said "early in round 8". If you need to do it precisely, then copy and paste it into Notepad (Ctrl C, Ctrl V) then press Ctrl F and type "early" into the little box that pops up.

You'll find a negative result.

We all know you like to jabber and swear when provoked, but my post was a statement of fact, not propoganda or lies. I have nothing to gain in the slightest by making up stuff about DTA at this point in time. I stopped being interested in PA and it's alliances a long time ago, and have no intention of resurrecting that or intending to play any part in politics for round 9.

The incident I described was probably somewhere around mid round 8, by which time most DTA planets HAD taken a pounding, from who I don't know, but I do know there was pretty much nothing left to hit.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:47   #145
planet37

planet37 is an unknown quantity at this point
heh

what do you guys expect from DTA? our coords list was leaked and when we had incoming it was on most of our members at the same time... DTA couldn't defend every person.. members either quit playing or joined something else, DTA very occasionly attacked thats about all it was used for if anything
Round 4 - 179:15:17 planet37 of Lunar Assassin
Round 5 - 25:14:6 Destruction of The Thirty Seventh World
Round 6 - 10:9:2 - Destruction - of - The Final Aeon -
Round 7 - 15:19:11 Sheriff Taylor of Domestic Quarrels
Round 8 - 16:6:4 Origin of TerraFirma
WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21
Round 9 - 1:7:4 Tears of The Sun
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:52   #146
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
The discussion about DTA came up from when our dear pal Sn0w brought it up I think. DTA had a hard time round 8, noone can deny them that, they were outnumbered and eventually outgunned, yet still did reasonably well for their size.

The point was made when the comparison of r8 DTA to r7 DTA was drawn I think, can't remember now, so many flames and posts of toss in between it got lost.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 03:36   #147
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Seed of Chaos
what's this about Legion attacking Fury at the end of round 7? Someone tell me more about this :P
At the very end of the round after Legion announced it would be disbanding after the round, many legion members launched attacks on the Fury/Legion/Titans galaxy M&S (which I happened to be in) in order to try and get a galaxy that would tag Legion first into the top of the ranking. Grendel told us basically that legion were not supposed to attack us, but that since it was disbanding he really had no way to stop them. Thus Legion attacked Fury, and also attacked a Legion gal, which in a sense was a greater breach of loyalty I suppose.

Last edited by K-W; 12 Feb 2003 at 03:42.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 03:41   #148
K-W
Bored

Quote:

I think you are GREATLY exagerating the significance of that battle. It was rather insiginificant. I think the attack on M&S earlier in rd 7 that lead to the destruction of the top remaining wenx galaxies was far more significant. It led to a change in war strategy and basically brought the war to its climax. The attack on girlee was just a bad battle. There have been many much larger battles in the past that had the pr weight of showing allaince strength. Plus the huge mass attacks on top players way back when. Not militarily significant, but certainly significant to the game for their scale and the fun of them.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 03:41   #149
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't remember saying anything, but hey, dont trust anyone

Major difference between R7 and R8 was that dta went from a private galaxy to a random planet battle group. dta still had a small core of players at the end of R8 who were in top 100 everyone else had stopped playing competitivly for many different reasons. If you guys were really after dta you woulda taken out the players that were still playing not the ones that had already gone and yes i am reffering to mid round.

#aus
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 15:28   #150
Killerbee

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

Iliad was not great. It was a failure. You can say it was 'good' for you, but to facts and expectations it was a failure.
gonna have to disagree here
lots of very good legionnaires came up thru iliad, and iliad did alot of quality defending in r7, esp early on. ok... so iliad didnt finish ne round with more rocks and avr score than legion proper (unlike r5 wrath), but thats not much to be ashamed of really, after all why did wrath, a jr allaince, manage to do better than fury proper? says something about the command of fury or the quality/dedication of fury members if u ask me.

(no i didnt go thru iliad just for the record)

flame away all u furby lovers.

Closed Thread