User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Jul 2013, 15:34   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
NSA affair

So, by posting here I'm probably opening myself up to being monitored by my government, so maybe it's good you guys are all inactive. What do you guys think.
Unread 31 Jul 2013, 17:54   #2
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Re: NSA affair

Some months ago people would brand you as a paranoid guy who believes in conspiracy theories.

Now it has become revealed.. Sad thing is, people don't care.

People should just ask themselves what else they all declared as conspiracy theories in their minds..

For me it was quite clear and now the NSA is demanding a "master key" to SSL connection. I tell you they already have it (or some technology allowing to see beyond our pants), they just want to give us the illusion there are some safe spaces left.
This is the course we are going. And we are imprisoning people who would be labelled as "brave" and "oppositional" if they did the same things in China.
In Germany they talk about this and politicians are now pretending they never knew about this. They are all the same bs and they all belong to the same gang meeting once per year on those "I travelled around the globe to meet other bosses, politicians, editors and to talk about the weather" private secret society meetings.
Democracy has been undermined, this is just the peak of the iceberg.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2013, 21:35   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear.

I'd hand over my username and passwords to them if I thought they would in any way help prevent a crime. I know they wouldn't, so it's irrelevant, but there's nothing that I have (either in the open or hidden) that I would care about having the NSA see.

The only thing here that worries me in the slightest is that it's a prelude to some form of profiled "future crime" department, much like that kid who made the stupid LoL comment on Facebook in Canada. Although he spent many a week in prison, likely being raped by Bubba, which in all respects is better than playing LoL.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2013, 22:41   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2013, 23:11   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by linked liberal article
Another report, “Mapping Muslims,” shows how excessive surveillance of Muslims by police in New York City has interfered with the peaceful right of worship.
You know, perhaps if a statistically significant number of their religious peers didn't dedicate a great deal of effort to murdering Americans, there might be less surveillance on their worships?

Just sayin'. It's not like someone invented the "Muslims are terrorists" stereotype overnight - it exists because they've got a bit of a history when it comes to blowing shit up.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 00:07   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I definitely don't agree with "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" This information could end up in law enforcement hands who find circumstantial evidence and put you away for a crime you didn't commit for example. Look up Dennis Fritz. The government does not have a right to everyone's private information, and if they think they do the laws need to change.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 00:27   #7
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I'd hand over my username and passwords to them if I thought they would in any way help prevent a crime. I know they wouldn't, so it's irrelevant, but there's nothing that I have (either in the open or hidden) that I would care about having the NSA see.

The only thing here that worries me in the slightest is that it's a prelude to some form of profiled "future crime" department, much like that kid who made the stupid LoL comment on Facebook in Canada. Although he spent many a week in prison, likely being raped by Bubba, which in all respects is better than playing LoL.
I don't understand this argument, and maybe you are not aware of the meaning of your words.
You don't have anything to hide? I know you are using the toilett, you are having sexual relations with your wife/gf or whatever.. so you don't mind putting a webcam on those places so I can watch you? After all I know that you are doing these things, so why don't you show it to everyone then?

And who says that we will always live in relative peace and harmony and in democracy (if it still exists)? What if the government changes and Saddam Barack Lee Norris bin Ladin takes over the power one day? Not possible? Maybe... But what if? Then you still don't care about your privacy? You should.

And...

Unread 1 Aug 2013, 01:45   #8
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
I don't understand this argument, and maybe you are not aware of the meaning of your words.
You don't have anything to hide? I know you are using the toilett, you are having sexual relations with your wife/gf or whatever.. so you don't mind putting a webcam on those places so I can watch you? After all I know that you are doing these things, so why don't you show it to everyone then?
That's not even worth forming a counter argument to.

Plus, I've zero problem with pooing in public.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 07:21   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You know, perhaps if a statistically significant number of their religious peers didn't dedicate a great deal of effort to murdering Americans, there might be less surveillance on their worships?

Just sayin'. It's not like someone invented the "Muslims are terrorists" stereotype overnight - it exists because they've got a bit of a history when it comes to blowing shit up.
I guess you're right. They could learn something from us in the West. Centuries of uninterrupted peace and respect for the sovereignty of other nations.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 07:50   #10
skiddy
wild one

Exactly.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 08:32   #11
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

All the action is on the deep web anyways. You guys don't know about PA 2.0 because it's only at the .onion
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 16:44   #12
s|k
Caveat Lector

What is the 'deep web'?
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 18:04   #13
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Just wanted to provide some statistics to global terrorism and its motivation. Note that the source is Europol, not Al Qaida.

Check PDF page 38 (in document numbered as 36) and compare the numbers given in the table with media presence (Numbers are from 2010)

Oh and thanks for being so civilized and invading countries accross the globe. Of course anyone not agreeing with your occupation and go fighting you must be labelled as terrorist too and should be added to that Europol figures so it matches the truth.
State terrorism (communist and left winged scum call it like this) is said to lead to far higher death tolls (some say to millions). Depleted Uranium shells, cluster bombs and "collateral murders" (youtube for it) show us how you share your peaceful country tradition with us around the globe.

And...

Unread 1 Aug 2013, 18:25   #14
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k View Post
What is the 'deep web'?
Hosting hidden within the TOR network.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/03...-the-deep-web/

Basically, it's awesome and terrifying at the same time.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 18:56   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The deep web encompasses anything on the web that is not commonly indexed by search engines. This includes TOR hidden services, but many normal websites as well.

P.S. Korsan, slow down, man. This is not going to end well.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 21:27   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There are actually examples where telling the truth has got people put in prison when they were innocent, due to mistaken identity, etc.

with such a large amount of information, you can find out almost anything and use it for blackmail, or spying, or all sorts of things. All this collected information can be used illegally against you.

It's almost less worrying about people doing legal investigations but more the amount of potential abuse.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 21:31   #17
skiddy
wild one

Like, almost this?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...earches/67864/

To be fair, searching for those two terms in the same time frame is just stupid. It's like if you flew to a culinary conference then tried to bring a pressure cooker home in your carry-on. Yeah, totally reasonable, but still, stupid.

So, in this case, there was no malicious intent - that we know of - but, better safe to be sorry. I'd rather have a counter-terrorism task force turning up at the door of everyone who was dumb enough to perform that search than to have another Boston.
Unread 1 Aug 2013, 22:06   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

When I use a search engine, I always make sure that my queries, when combined with my family's, can't be construed to imply I'm interested in explosives. Take note everyone! Don't be stupid: when you search for something, first yell out the terms, so that the people you live with can take that into account.

[edit] I just got around to actually reading the article start-to-finish, after the skim I did earlier. First, there is no confirmation that the family's Google queries were the motivation for this little visit. Second, the Atlantic Wire mentioned federal agents, but later withdrew that claim. Third, the image accompanying just depicts some cops entering a random home, it has nothing to do with this specific case.

So basically, all we know at this point is that some police force paid this family a visit. By all accounts they were polite and reasonable. The worst I can say about it is that perhaps they went a little overboard with the manpower. Crowds of armed men can be pretty scary at the best of times.

Three cheers for 24/7 news!

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Aug 2013 at 22:42.
Unread 2 Aug 2013, 08:12   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Suffolk County Criminal Intelligence Detectives received a tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. The former employee’s computer searches took place on this employee’s workplace computer. On that computer, the employee searched the terms “pressure cooker bombs” and “backpacks.”

After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject’s home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. The incident was investigated by Suffolk County Police Department’s Criminal Intelligence Detectives and was determined to be non-criminal in nature.

Any further inquiries regarding this matter should be directed to the Suffolk County Police Department
Well, whaddayaknow. Turns out The Government is not actually trawling the internet for people who look for both pressure cookers and backpacks and then busting down their doors. Because that would be full on retarded.
Unread 27 Aug 2013, 17:23   #20
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Why are we debating the possible uses and pros/cons of comprehensive government surveillance?

Why aren't we debating the inherent lack of morality, ethics, and historical precedents that indicates that this is a terrible idea?

Do we believe so blindly in governments good intentions that we're willing to give up every freedom that we had to TAKE in the first place?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote