User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:55   #51
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: Current State of PA and Jolts involvement

^^ this man has alot of wisdom in his brickhead better listen to him.

i second his ideas and share his views on how possibly to save pa, the game is not about hugging each other its about pwning some poor noob and saying "HAHAHAHAHA" while takeing his roids.
If you cant bring back this spirit maybe even with all it negative examples aswell i doubt youll revive the game we once loved and cursed.
I think alot ppl would rather want to read "damn those mfkin huge dood bashed me and im just a noob" instead of "woho i covered opped someone am i not 1337"
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 14:58   #52
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The problem was the number of prey in the game reduced significantly with the advent of a pure pay-to-play system. This led to controls having to be introduced on the "predators". This however only staved off the inevitable decline in the number of predators as they left for other games where they were not restricted in this manner. Effectively these controls saved the game in the short-term, but condemned it long-term.

To survive Planetarion must become basically free. The "predators" will be willing to pay for extras if the game becomes fun. For the game to become fun we have to have the same structure we had originally, ie a large playerbase with a smaller group on top (prey and predators again). Bring the prey and the predators will either return or evolve on their own as they did originally in rounds 1 and 2.
IIRC the planets did build something like a pyramid - many ppl at the bottom with smaller planets and the top-100 with large planets at the top. From my own game experience (on both ends of the pyramid), it seems that the "bread and butter" to fuel a bigger planet, was to pick on smaller planets which still gave enough roids/resources if you attack them, but which are no danger to the attacker. When the restrictions to attacking size where introduced, it seemed that the majority looked for planets at the bottom range of the attackable limit.

This is ofc a generalisation and things like finding a big(ger) planet which has a unweighted fleet/PDS or coordinated attacks with 3 vs. 1 arent covered here. Nevertheless IMHO you can say that the large majority of attacks went from bigger to smaller planets and not like attacking a 90% of your size planet, but more like hitting a 70% your size planet.

If you want to stay on top, you need a continuous roid income and there will be always some who will do anything to achieve that (bashing, farming, multting etc.) so there is generally pressure to get roids or you will drop in your rank.

I think as a simplification we can agree that the mass of players at the bottom, has a rather often incoming which they cant defend alone and has much less chance of growing themselves. Now i know that some ppl will say that thats why the small ppl should team up, get organised, evade attacks and find themselves good targets etc. etc. - thats all fine and right, but many small ppl are probably therefore small ppl, because they arent 24/7 powergamers - so "casual" players end up as bait. The smaller the universe - the more regularly the small planets will get roided over and over again. If the plan is to find those ppl in the world who are willing to pay for such a experience, i think it will fail in the long run :P

Thats why some rounds ago already, i made a suggestion where i ironically said "bots and multis" are the solution to lessen these problems. Let's just talk about the bots now and ignore the "multi" side as that was in a slightly different context and depends on the actual game-rules (which yet arent clear for rd11).

Fill up the universe with bot-controlled planets which provide a solid lower end of targets. It would lessen the burden for real ppl and would give them (much more) targets for themselves.

Obviously there are some problems with making something like 7000 low-level bot controlled planets. You would need to avoid them becoming farms for the powerplayers, they would need to do little attacks on their own (just the standard single-planet 08/15 attacks newbies do) and you would probably need to delete them and re-signup new ones from time to time to avoid extortion. I dont see any problem technically to do these this and i would also introduce a second stage of bot planets (or upgrade the best 500 of the simple ones later), which are able to play a bit better (without doing incredible things like bashing players with 15 at once or doing perfect attacks/recalls - the fun should be on the players side, so a bot planet should for example intentionally recall too late occasionally).

Mimicking occasional low-end players is rather very easy.

And who knows - after two rounds of experience with that, maybe you could introduce a "evil" alliance which tries to suppress the universe (/me waves to cryptic . Bot controlled planets which get their main directions from gamemasters/pa-team and either the players team up against them, or the winner of that round will be the dark side :P

Maybe that doesnt really fit the view of the original PA, but its done in other mmorpgs and can be rather fun
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 15:12   #53
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
the game is not about hugging each other its about pwning some poor noob and saying "HAHAHAHAHA" while takeing his roids.
If you cant bring back this spirit maybe even with all it negative examples aswell i doubt youll revive the game we once loved and cursed.
I think alot ppl would rather want to read "damn those mfkin huge dood bashed me and im just a noob" instead of "woho i covered opped someone am i not 1337"
hm ok, a bot controlled dark side would have to try hard to be meaner then "some" players :P

nevertheless i agree with you Focht :P
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 16:11   #54
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Parracida, why do you use and ad-hominem attack... Your not facing the issue, instead you say im an idiot.

Ohhh you played since round 1. Good for you, ive been playing from the end of round 2. The difference in experience gained about the "goings on" of PA in a round isnt that much, so i dont see how you negative spam (not thoughts, like well this isnt working lets try this, but just this isnt working) makes you experienced in the "goings on of PA" better than anyone else.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 16:31   #55
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
i dont see how you negative spam (not thoughts, like well this isnt working lets try this, but just this isnt working) makes you experienced in the "goings on of PA" better than anyone else.
Because he has been part of PA Team for several rounds and as such has first-hand experience with those that are currently in charge of PA, as well as with the process of decision-making, customer care and all the behind-the-scenes goings on, that other people lack.
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 16:32   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Parracida, why do you use and ad-hominem attack... Your not facing the issue, instead you say im an idiot.

Ohhh you played since round 1. Good for you, ive been playing from the end of round 2. The difference in experience gained about the "goings on" of PA in a round isnt that much, so i dont see how you negative spam (not thoughts, like well this isnt working lets try this, but just this isnt working) makes you experienced in the "goings on of PA" better than anyone else.
I think he was referring to the fact he's been a multihunter, worked on pateam, played in various top galaxies and had a number of top planets*. I've been playing since r2 but I don't have that much experience of PA properly after r5 and I've never multi-hunted. Personally I think we should all have a big list of internet achievements in our signature and then use them to belittle each other

*shit man i sound like a faggot
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 17:25   #57
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

eww.. wow.

::rolls eyes::

You make judgements from what you see, and what me and what parracida MAY have seen MAY be two different things. But IF all he is going to do is post NEGATIVE things all across the board, without placing any real thought into them THEN he can go somewhere ;-)

I mean, i dont see a long line of people willing to defend him.. As for multihunting, he isnt doing that good of a job... heh.

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 17:33   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You make judgements from what you see, and what me and what parracida MAY have seen MAY be two different things. But IF all he is going to do is post NEGATIVE things all across the board, without placing any real thought into them THEN he can go somewhere ;-)
I'm not getting this at all so instead I'm going to wave my hands in the air and spin around five times.

Quote:
I mean, i dont see a long line of people willing to defend him.. As for multihunting, he isnt doing that good of a job... heh.
There isn't a long line of people doing anything in PA, especially at christmas time.
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 19:57   #59
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But IF all he is going to do is post NEGATIVE things all across the board, without placing any real thought into them THEN he can go somewhere ;-)
No offense, but ParraCida is placing quite a bit more thought into his posts than you are. Actually, anyone putting any kind of thought into their posts would do more than you.
Quote:
Then you need to look again, as there are several people who agree with him. And as for multihunting, he quit a good while ago.
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 20:11   #60
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

no i see leshy, parracida and JonnyBGood and thats about it, but you both have disagreed on all my threads, with out providing real solutions... suprise suprise

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 20:18   #61
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
no i see leshy, parracida and JonnyBGood and thats about it, but you both have disagreed on all my threads, with out providing real solutions... suprise suprise
Then you need to read better.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...2&postcount=54
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...0&postcount=11

Two posts by JonnyBGood and ParraCida. I myself have made similar posts in the past, although most of my opinions have been voiced in PA Team and to people in private, rather than publically displayed, such as in http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld/pa/papayment.txt, which I wrote for PA Team internally at the time (although it's been discussed on the Suggestions Forum since).
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 20:41   #62
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

thats a side of you ive never seen before, how but showing it more. I still am not impressed with Parracida, and i said the both of you not all of you, but i didnt word the sentence correctly, Ive seen JonnyBGOODs posts, and there constructive.

I combined 2 sentence into one..

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 20:43   #63
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote Parracida

"If any of PA Team are reading is then you better take a big ****ing hint because this will probably be the last time I'm willing to spend time telling you knuckleheads how to do your goddamned jobs. The fun part being ofcourse that after that line every incompetent pa team member will feel deeply insulted because they know that they are crap (lo karm) and most likely will not try to do anything of the sort."

thats not constructive, its just negative

Unread 26 Dec 2003, 21:23   #64
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I mean, i dont see a long line of people willing to defend him
I agree with him, too.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 22:14   #65
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
thats a side of you ive never seen before, how but showing it more. I still am not impressed with Parracida
That's alright. Nobody's ever been impressed with parracida. He's one of those titans scumbags who had to wait until all the decent alliances quit before they could do well hohohoho I wonder where my application for fury PR went :(
Unread 26 Dec 2003, 22:33   #66
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I wonder where my application for fury PR went :(
I think Cryptic might have eaten it :(
Quote:
thats not constructive, its just negative
Read the rest of the post.
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 01:36   #67
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
eww.. wow.

He is nolonger a multihunter I thought.

Considering Parra is like an arch-enemy to me - I agree with him and not you.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 05:44   #68
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

he isn't a multihunter anymore
but he still knows more about pateam than most.
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 13:31   #69
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I remember when I joined PA back in r1, we were told if we bashed small planets an alliance called Jihad would come and stomp my planet (very small), not exactly on topic but interesting.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2003, 14:08   #70
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

sorry but I'm with Parra, even though he doesn't wash enough

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2003, 01:19   #71
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
sorry but I'm with Parra, even though he doesn't wash enough
omg omg omg!

*holds his head*

(hi)

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote