User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Oct 2013, 19:00   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Clickable links in mail

Would be awesome if links sent ingame from alliance members to our mail can be clickable.

I personally go to work with no computer access (as many people do) and the only way to login is through my phone. But I can't copy/paste on it so when I get sent links I can't view them.

This could be news reports/battle reports or battle calcs and would let ppl play the game easier
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2013, 19:45   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: Clickable links in mail

Opera mini is your friend, copy/paste work fine on it,
Rather than creating a new thread co-rds are no longer clickable on jgp please fix it back to how they were

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2013, 19:55   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Its worth considering to impliment
Unread 14 Oct 2013, 20:15   #4
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

forest is on a roll tonight! +1 from me!
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2013, 22:21   #5
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

While clickable links would be an improvement, this is already possible in one form through [scan]IDIDIDIDIDID[/scan] - same for bcalc and news.

PS. Forest - have you tried 'holding touch down' on the link to pop up options? (I have no idea what to call this...)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2013, 22:43   #6
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

no but my phone does suck

also, bad reception so need to be able just click as few as poss.

i know others who need the same
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 11:44   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

so you can do [scan] [bcalc] [news] patrikc? thats pretty cool. Could the message not do that automatically tho when a link is pasted??? to save time of typing for people on phones?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 14:41   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

please distinguish between links to in-game things and external sites - we can't link to external sites but the bcalc, scan and news things already exist. I'm not sure how easy it'll be to auto parse; but it's something we can look at.
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 14:50   #9
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
please distinguish between links to in-game things and external sites - we can't link to external sites but the bcalc, scan and news things already exist. I'm not sure how easy it'll be to auto parse; but it's something we can look at.
hmm i cant view those links by clicking.

like for instance, someone calcs an attack then mails me the b calc link so i can give advice, i cant view it cause i cant just click it
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 14:51   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

if they sent you the bcalc with [bcalc]code[/bcalc] then you could click it
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 14:53   #11
Forest

hmm, dont think anyone uses that, i didnt even know about it

/me facepalms himself
Unread 20 Oct 2013, 15:23   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It should be fairly easy to recognize links to https?://.*\.planetarion.com/.* and linkify them automatically.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 21:55   #13
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Can we see this enabled for next round please? This would most certainly be a useful feature to have, and I don't see why it hasn't already been implemented.

Not only are bcalcs used in mails, but also battle reports, scans and even external links such as Google Docs which are Planetarion related.

Last edited by Clouds; 12 Feb 2014 at 22:10.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:13   #14
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

You need to do [bcalc]ID of bcalc[/bcalc] for it to be clickable in a mail, noobs

News and scans are also doable, heck it's even right there in the journal when you save a news item if you actually bothered to read

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2014, 23:50   #15
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
You need to do [bcalc]ID of bcalc[/bcalc] for it to be clickable in a mail, noobs

News and scans are also doable, heck it's even right there in the journal when you save a news item if you actually bothered to read
My post was more referring to the issue of external links, "noob".
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2014, 10:39   #16
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

External links are not going to be clickable from pa mails. They're not going to do that.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2014, 12:41   #17
vimzzz

vimzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

public function EvalLinks($text){
$reg_exUrl = "/(http|https|ftp|ftps)\:\/\/[a-zA-Z0-9\-\.]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,3}(\/\S*)?/";
if(preg_match($reg_exUrl, $text, $url)) {
$text = preg_replace($reg_exUrl, "<a href=\"{$url[0]}\" target=\"_blank\">{$url[0]}</a> ", $text);
}
return $text;
}

there u go
vimzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2014, 00:52   #18
Grey

Grey is an unknown quantity at this point

Could add a button on the mail page to add a link that brings the [scan] --[/scan] code up in window ?
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote