User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 17:53   #51
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: a new subsection on GD

a sidenote:-

sunday is right, it really is quite annoying when people type badly consistantly, and i must say that i am with him on that point.

however, you (sunday), can't really call anyone elses view of themselves inflated in any way, what do you think you are, some form of GD vigilante? The voice of the people? If you are going to insult people please please PLEASE don't use statistics, i think just about everyone on this board shares my exeedingly low opinion on them. Also, if it is obvoius (as it is in this case) that someone isn't going to listen to your opinion, it is a waste of everyones time to continue posting it in a slightly reworded way, (this actually applies to both of you).

However, you are right, people posting like that really pisses me off.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 17:56   #52
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

ok just in case you missed it let me go over what I've stipulated throughout this thread.

Note the very considerate and selective uses of we and I throughout my posts, whenever I'm expressing something that could only be considered my opinion I have used I.
When I have posted something that can be generally accepted I have used we, like when talking about a certain percentage of this community not having english as their native language and how difficult it can be for them ( I know this from learning other languages and also interacting with french people daily ), Also when expressing things about forum history I only use we when I can accurately recollect more than one person expressing the same feelings, but then again you seem blissfully unaware of this.
My last part is subjective on the part that I can sit here and do nothing and assume everything is ok or I can do the latter and assume the worst as has been proven in occassions before, as it turns out I've already had two people agree with me within the hour that post here about how your posting is irritating and that you should take more care.

With regards to your kura comment, I had not discriminated at that point that there WAS any difference between you on here and you on line, from the gossip I've heard from various events I've heard you were an oafish clown who believed in trying to impose your presence for authority over lack of sociable skills which were primarily punctuated by the fact you are a clown, people also described you as lazy, However I have based what I've said with regards to how you have posted but don't think just because you behave like that in real life it is excusable here.
It is indeed an issue here you need to sort out quickly, cause unlike in real life there is no avoiding each other of sorts yet maintaining, this forum operates on the fact everyone has to talk with each other to make it work and everyone is equal, something you seem unwilling to accept. Users have in the past each followed their own way in the whole, I'm not like you, I'm better than some of you and I'll do my best to turn this forum into my playground where I'm bully and have duly got banned, Pavil, Yahwe, myself etc etc.

When you start a thread you ARE responsible for it, otherwise the forums would be filled with crap if users weren't left responsible for their threads, if I kept posting news article threads and then never taking a second look or just answering lazily to them the moderators would come down on me hard. This is you first indiscretion as such and while I am no moderator, usually when I take an affront to something on the forums I will make my feelings known cause that's an acceptable way of expressing yourself, being honest and what not especially when it is CONSTRUCTIVE.

May I add in response to your first defence about your posting for 4 years, judging by your post count it has been rather, in fact EXTREMELY infrequent, however your frequency of posting here in the last 5 days has been rather frequent and hence you are positioning yourself for greater criticism, especially when you consider that this is not AD/PD, what flies there does not fly here, in fact they are rather looked down upon so do not think you are doing yourself any credit by defending your posting record there.

As for friends made and kept posting here, well hurrah if you haven't noticed nearly everyone (cept jonnybgood) is familiar with everyone on a face to face basis in real life, I could relate many anecdotes about various regular users here with regards to friendships that exsist outside these threads but it's totally ****ing irrelevant. Lest I raise the case of JC's dear Friend Newt...... back when JC was moderator, basically friends count for shit all if you are posting shit.

Finally, look up the definitions of some words when using them, I'm still dumbfounded at how you've managed to apply bigoted here, especially with regards towards a scotsman who knows bigotry better than the person who made the word themselves, just ask kura and dace etc.

With regards to your final sentence, I see you are still determined to obfuscate the argument into an area where you feel you can pride yourself on being the better man, I will not be drawn into that cause it is absolutely not relevant to these forums and more over this thread and indeed your posting. Learn that, that method of arguing has been royally trounced upon by the GD regulars themselves and if you were to try the same line of argument with jonny for hypothetical sense, that top notch bloke will take you clean off your feet.

Fortunately this forum is all forgiving, so long as your posting quality is at least adequate. Leave your pride at the door, bring you wits to the keyboard and make sure you have the time before engaging people here in conversation, cause while you might not be serious I am at least affronted by people who are not willing to respectfully show the time back that people give you in the first place.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:04   #53
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It always makes me smile when someone voted "most annoying poster" and "worst poster" by many takes time out of his busy day to give someone else posting lessons.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:06   #54
Sunday8pm
Banned

change the By many to the By the outspoken, and tbh it wasn't such a clear majority, majority being that over half of the active posters have to post, it was more a minority.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:06   #55
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
judging by your post count it has been rather, in fact EXTREMELY infrequent,
I mass purged 800-1000 of his AD posts when he pissed me off more than most 1 day, so his actual post count is a bit higher .
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:07   #56
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

sunday, how can you call anyone outspoken?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:08   #57
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
sunday, how can you call anyone outspoken?
Vampire, you are outspoken.

wow. Do you think there's a market in instructional tapes for this?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:09   #58
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I mass purged 800-1000 of his AD posts when he pissed me off more than most 1 day, so his actual post count is a bit higher .
While that defeats one point of mine, it reinforces another that was stronger anyway.

Cheers JC.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:09   #59
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

of course i am (and please, call me lestat mr 8PM).
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:10   #60
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
change the By many to the By the outspoken, and tbh it wasn't such a clear majority, majority being that over half of the active posters have to post, it was more a minority.
I never claimed it was the majority. Since it was a "write in" poll being a majority would be utterly appalling for anyone to achieve.

It was still by quite a few regulars though.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:10   #61
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
of course i am (and please, call me lestat mr 8PM).
I refuse to indulge in flagrant erotic yaoi roleplaying.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:13   #62
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I never claimed it was the majority. Since it was a "write in" poll being a majority would be utterly appalling for anyone to achieve.

It was still by quite a few regulars though.
Doesn't many infer the majority, at least in the context you were exclaiming the results in?

I suggest you do your research, I was actually VERY pleasently surprised at the time with the results and the resounding lack of offense at my posting from those who were unlikely to bare grudges for past crimes I had been punished severely for.

In otherwords I picked the more recent jury that knew the least about my previous no longer relevant background with regards to my more recent return to these forums with regards to judging who indeed was the worst poster on this forum.

I suggest you adopt this approach too.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:14   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Back in "the day" sunday ate babies*

*hullahoops
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:16   #64
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sup jonny.

Pull up a seat or are you going to buzz about?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:18   #65
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

sunday, just how long have you been here (i know this isn't your first account)?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:19   #66
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the inner self-humiliating clown

Quote:
you are a clown

paging pab ...
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:24   #67
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
sunday, just how long have you been here (i know this isn't your first account)?
Just after idler*, though I didn't register here for quite some time, I hung around on irc more then and made/joined popular channels at the time.

*301st person to sign up during the first ever beta of planetarion which got known as round 1
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:24   #68
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Doesn't many infer the majority, at least in the context you were exclaiming the results in?
No. I apologise if anyone inferred I did mean majority - I meant many as a near synonym for "quite a lot", "a sizable proportion" or "definitely more than a couple".

Quote:
I suggest you adopt this approach too.
I just see you "back-seat modding" (is that the correct expression?) and considering you're a user who has been warned, banned, flamed, voted as someone shit, etc all in recent memory I find this amusing. If someone like Vermillion posted as you do in this thread then I'd still find it needlessly aggressive, but at least he'd be doing it from a position of respect within the community. Perhaps people's dislike (and banning) of you stems from some irrational hatred, or from unfair discrimination based on past crimes (now no long relevant, presumably because of some Road to Damascus style conversion). I have no idea, and it's not really that important to me.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:27   #69
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Are you sure?*

*somebody else can count seeing as how i went to the effort to find the thread (i think Paul "won" tho just scanning through it)
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:31   #70
Sunday8pm
Banned

We do currently have an active moderator observing this thread, with that said I've always found that moderation on behalf of the moderators was a last gasp measure after self moderation on behalf of the community had failed.

It's always been rather nice that way, I'm trying to open a dialogue with Rumad, speaking from an ex-con perspective and a more enlightened individual than I previously was in the past perspective, I think this whole, cry to daddy thing if you have a problem is more derivative towards the health of the forum than trying to sort out problems yourself with a well thought out conversation that engages the community, you know the whole we are all in flux thing and even the moderators need to see where the masses are going with their behaviour towards manner of posting so they can do the best job they can.

I'm not someone however who seeks respect, I already treat everyone as equal, I belittle those who don't believe they are equal however, I would hope that would be quite an agreeable (can't find the word for it right now and I'm pushed for time) something or other.

There is a lot to be said with how much people have interacted with other people though when it comes to formulating opinions, we have generally in the past have had very little to say to each other, hence it's easier to surmise your opinion on someone that you've had little social interaction with on their more extreme aspects, I still do this from time to time and it definately doesn't work when it comes to making a good judge of character. I however won't judge someone unless I build up a dialogue with them, like I just done there.

Anyway we are now delving into something that I would love to devote more time too discussing but now is a bad time.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:32   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to bed soon. However

Rumad, if you put more effort into fixing the most glaring errors in your typing (namely the ones that make it difficult to actually understand what point you are putting across) by simply glancing back over your post before you hit the submit button, you will find a more positive response from many users. Try as we all might to transcend (oh immanuel) our biases we all prefer to be able to read posts which present their points in a well laid out fashion. Good grammar, correct spelling and the use of paragraphs will generally make your posts better received, at least by me heh.

Sunday, while we all appreciate your efforts your phrasing is argumentative and your style confrontational. While many people are used to this, which is after all your normal style, new users of GD (as rumad is are not). I agree with dante that it is ironic that sunday is giving posting tips, but this should bear no relevance on the validity of his argument.

Finally I'd like to ask all of you, in the spirit of Marxist solidarity, to give up your ambitions and personal desires and submit them to the inevitably triumphant will of the proletariat.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:33   #72
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Anyway we are now delving into something that I would love to devote more time too discussing but now is a bad time.

You're on your period?!
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:35   #73
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Finally I'd like to ask all of you, in the spirit of Marxist solidarity, to give up your ambitions and personal desires and submit them to the inevitably triumphant will of the proletariat.

nobody likes a commie
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:37   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
nobody likes a commie
Just to let you know dace in western civilisation at the minute "socialists" are generally lauded and given well-paid, untaxing positions in universities.

Paedos are hunted down by the sun, publicly vilified and sent to jail.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:39   #75
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Are you sure?*

*somebody else can count seeing as how i went to the effort to find the thread (i think Paul "won" tho just scanning through it)
Won in the minority, did you not read?

On a brief count, of the 21 people yes a paltry total, of who voted, only 8 placed me as worst poster, which isn't a majority (that would of needed 11) though I did count two of them as halves ste's remark about me being worst purely because of saying forest were a crap side was more in jest I felt than serious and someone had listed 4-5 posters in the one category.

Now given that 41 different people had posted in that thread, with an additional at least 10 posters that post here regularly in the last month that had not posted in that thread that amounts to around only 40% of the GD community taking part(and that's being generous).

So when you run the numbers that shows only 16% of the General Discussion posters consider me the worst poster here.

Congratz on proving that the hate for me is just overspoken among a select few at least as the WORST poster here.

p.s. I hope I made 1-X proud.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:40   #76
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Just to let you know dace in western civilisation at the minute "socialists" are generally lauded and given well-paid, untaxing positions in universities.

Paedos are hunted down by the sun, publicly vilified and sent to jail.

Just goes to show how unfair the world really is.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:44   #77
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I don't mind Rumad at all, I just wish he'd type better.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:45   #78
Dace
so f*cking zen

What about most annoying poster Paul?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:45   #79
Sunday8pm
Banned

We were talking about Worst poster, Get with the script Rankin.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:46   #80
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
nobody likes a commie
Empirically untrue.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:50   #81
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
It always makes me smile when someone voted "most annoying poster" and "worst poster" by many takes time out of his busy day to give someone else posting lessons.

Quote:
We were talking about Worst poster, Get with the script Rankin.

uh huh
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:51   #82
JonnyBGood
Banned

Frankly I'm just pleased I was able to fit in one more condescending reference to Kant in yet another post
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:51   #83
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Empirically untrue.

commies are full of self loathing

[/true story]
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:51   #84
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'll do another count later but given the low turn out I can gurantee yyou that no more than 25% of the GD community has possibly agreed with you, at least openly.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:54   #85
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Frankly I'm just pleased I was able to fit in one more condescending reference to Kant in yet another post

"Kant is the word that hates women" or something
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 19:31   #86
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

I believe i provided him with better advive to avoid such poor typing

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...87#post2713587

And yes Rumad your ability to annoy people by carefully picking out irrelevant points in an attempt to make you look like you’re "winning" a thread, while avoiding the actual real content of it is indeed VERY annoying.
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 19:31   #87
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Isn't telling everyone ure problems the main point of GD?

Thats all we ever hear on here.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 20:37   #88
Dace
so f*cking zen

Yeah but the "agony uncle" thing was done with "made up" problems or something.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 20:49   #89
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
I believe i provided him with better advive to avoid such poor typing

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...87#post2713587

And yes Rumad your ability to annoy people by carefully picking out irrelevant points in an attempt to make you look like you’re "winning" a thread, while avoiding the actual real content of it is indeed VERY annoying.
<3

How's managerleague and I haven't seen sqrl in a while, did you fix him?