User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jul 2003, 16:32   #1
Beeblbrox

Beeblbrox is on a distinguished road
Bring Back Armour Capping for Ziks

Armour capping was fun - it added a different dimension to the game fo me. Not only could I make profits from roiding, but half the time I was only interested in the profit I could make from ship capping. Thats not to say Ziks had an insane advantage over everyone else - profitable ship capping was still quite hard to accomplish at the best of times - targets usually simply run if not getting defence, as in most attacks, but it added a zest to the game that mere roiding didn't have.

With resource capping it just isn't the same - no more large green numbers in the resources lost box on bcalc :-( I play C0wthaars now :-/ Skipped r9 for RL reasons, so I am aware this post is a bit late in the day.

The new features for r10 excite me a lot - but why throw away a 'feature' you already had?
Beeblbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2003, 17:18   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
The combat system will be different for R10, so its too early to say something like that.

It was taken out as ship farmind was much more profitable back in the good old days of R7.
Unread 21 Jul 2003, 17:33   #3
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
armor = more ship farming

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2003, 18:50   #4
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
heh.. like the ~11% profit (+- weird rounding) this round doesn't promote farming..

imo; either keep it strictly resource-resource.. or better, let it be armor; atleast it'll add another aspect to this fairly static game...
Unread 21 Jul 2003, 20:42   #5
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
has anyone heard spinner say that there will be Stealing ships or cloaked or EMP?

I know they werent planning on having them, but rather having special racial traits such as more fleet slots/tactics etc