User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Apr 2006, 19:36   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
wrong order? WRONG ORDER?!

Reflecting from the weekend and something many people can probably relate to. I hate after a good night of drinking having to deal with people who for whatever reason can not give you the food that you ordered and paid for...

You know when you phone for a pizza at 3am, they should just say "Hi, we're probably just as drunk as you are, how can I mess up your order?" It never fails to amaze me how wrong they can get it. There is something about alcohol and ordering-in that don't mix (maybe its the non-sensical drooling i mistake as words coming from my mouth, but I doubt it). Alternatively, maybe it is a corporate policy that if the requester of food is audibly intoxicated the employees can feel free to make what ever changes they deem necessary to said order? You know, incase I hurt myself with cheesey garlic bread they should ignore my request or something, but you know, charge me for it anyway. There also seems to be a direct colleration between the amount of alcohol you have in your system the amount they mess up your order or the more food you are missing. When I order sober I have rarely ever had a problem (hmmm), except maybe they are out of coke or they forget the mayo. But after a couple of drinks and ordering-in, ordering the same exact thing, you never get it right.

I pay downstairs, get up to my room, look in the bag/pizzabox, and I swear that I have someone else's order sometimes. I wonder who was the Turkish/Indian/ guy on the phone talking to? Maybe they were picking up some walkie talkie, or ham radio.

"can i take your order"
"yes I'd like a *~*~*Charlie Alpha Tango 5 we are in pursuit of a white male*~*~* with no onions please, thanks"
"umm, okay sure"

After they mess up (or just plain guess) my order I should wait downstairs with everyone else who just placed or recieved an order and start bartering with people to get what the hell I ordered in the first place.

"Yeah I have a hawaiin pizza; I am looking for a Pepperoni."
"Hey talk to the dude in flat 8, but I think he is looking for his Egg Fried Rice."

At that point I would realize that I was also missing my garlic bread, or that they didn't add cheese, or remove the onions/bell peppers. In the end I'd probably run out of things to trade outside and have to call back to get more things to trade.

"Just give me whatever you were going to give someone here for a tenner and oh, I need to trade an egg fried rice for my pepperoni with the guy in flat 8."

Resulting in the order being delivered to flat 8 instead of flat 20 which i SPECIFICALLY SPELT OUT TO THEM IN PLAIN ENGLISH.

I swear... the more you have had to drink the more they mess it up. A couple of weeks ago I was drinking like a fish and spent £18 on chinese just for myself. I swear you are expecting like 10 items and you only get 3 1/2. You end up with someone else's order and a half eaten portion of chicken chowmein, like maybe they just got hungry while they were messing up your order and decided to have a snack.

But all in all as I always tell myself with all sometimes frustrating events. If this is the worst thing that happens to me in my day then I am doing pretty good.

...and incase you missed it there's a slight air of sarcastic humour here

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2006, 19:41   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: wrong order? WRONG ORDER?!

I think that's how they make the bulk of their money, ripping off drunk people who they assume won't realise. Problem comes when you get a wasted person who also is a mean drunk.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2006, 23:41   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There are tonnes in Bournemouth that deliver at that time.

None of the reputable ones mind (as far as you can call Domino's, Pizza Hut etc reputable) only the ones like 'Pizza Go-GO' and 'Pizza U Like' etc.

Better than a kebab though.

Subway ftw.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 00:28   #4
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what you get for playing Pokemon and 3am in the morning
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 01:07   #5
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

totally unacceptable
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 01:18   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Never , EVER , **** with a Turkish family that owns a kebab shop.

I have a friend who drives for them. They pay the shittest wages, hire family to work for next to nothing, and even then the slightest disagreement or financial discrepancy leads to physical injury and in some cases, people disappearing in the night.

Do NOT **** with the Turks. Just dont. Seriously.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 01:21   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Me and a few mates ordered 4 pizzas from Dominos a few weeks back. One came in a Double Decker box and was just a large pizza with missing toppings, one was a double decker in a normal, even though we didn't order a double decker. Another was the wrong size and the 4th had another missing topping. We were all sober. Some peopel are just shit, matter of fact.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 02:09   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima

I have a friend who drives for them. They pay the shittest wages, hire family to work for next to nothing, and even then the slightest disagreement or financial discrepancy leads to physical injury and in some cases, people disappearing in the night.

everytime i see people perpetuating these absurd urban myths I do feel the need to ask: "what on earth do you think they do with all of those corpses?"

reputation, like prejudice, is built on illusion.
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 02:27   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
There are tonnes in Bournemouth that deliver at that time.

None of the reputable ones mind (as far as you can call Domino's, Pizza Hut etc reputable) only the ones like 'Pizza Go-GO' and 'Pizza U Like' etc.

Better than a kebab though.

Subway ftw.
yes subway ftw!!! think the one here opens till4am ater clubs throw people out, so its a ncie subway before bed, still the wait to get one is enough to make you kill someone
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 09:56   #10
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima

We have a Turkish kebab shop round the corner here. The lamb shish is ok, but don`t ever have chicken: I think they tried to poison me; violently ill afterwards.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 10:05   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
We have a Turkish kebab shop round the corner here. The lamb shish is ok, but don`t ever have chicken: I think they tried to poison me; violently ill afterwards.
Did you **** with them first?

Because, yknow... you shouldn't

apparently.
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 10:07   #12
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I`m alive are n`t I?

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 10:09   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

True, if you had ****ed with them you wouldn't be.

It takes a brave man to cross a turk, which is made tortuous by the possibilities for punnage available.
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 11:01   #14
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
what pizza place do you order off at 3am?
Good Old Ali Baba's Pizzeria and Kebab House
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Some peopel are just shit, matter of fact.
haha yeah, true

And being half Greek Cypriot myself, it's partiularly important that I don't mess with the Turks - bastards steal my country *mutters*

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 14:37   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

None of you are keeping your local fried chicken vendors in business. Shame on you all.

Recently I've patronised both Dixy Chicken and Miss Millies. Both are excellent at 3 in the morning, although I'd only use the latter sober.
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 14:42   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
None of you are keeping your local fried chicken vendors in business. Shame on you all.

Recently I've patronised both Dixy Chicken and Miss Millies. Both are excellent at 3 in the morning, although I'd only use the latter sober.
Never been to a Miss Millies, wasn't sure that they were still around.

I remeber years and years ago the adverts were on ALL the time and you if you bought a family bucket or something you got a free 2 litre bottle of coke.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2006, 17:55   #17
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
Good Old Ali Baba's Pizzeria and Kebab House
On Welford Road? Will remember to avoid it
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 18:52   #18
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
"what on earth do you think they do with all of those corpses?"

Never had a kebab then?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 18:54   #19
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Our college free ride taxi cabs (for drunk people) are sponsered by local pizza stores, so we get free pizza AND a ride home.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 19:58   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
Never had a kebab then?
Somehow I cant see Yahwe nipping out for a kebab. Ever. Even if the guy that worked there was taller than 6 foot, and clean cut. Ever.