User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:19   #1
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road
Earthsea

Was watching the Movie adaption yesterday and gonna watch the 2nd part soon. Was just wondering what people thought of it. I reckon that if you've read the books then it's a bit dissapointing. But if you havent read the books then it wouldnt be to bad. They just seem to take some liberties with the plot.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:33   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Earthsea

You just reminded me i'm missing it. Cheers.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:40   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
You just reminded me i'm missing it. Cheers.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 16:47   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

You all realise you're going to miss MasterChef to watch this?
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:36   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

What is it?

Is it the movie of Sealab 2020?

That would be bizzarro.

(sorry)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 17:42   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BTW who's all read the book?

I read the first of the quartet.

Then i got really bored with it.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:03   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
BTW who's all read the book?

I read the first of the quartet.

Then i got really bored with it.
I read them all when I was like 13 or whatever but don't remember anything.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:05   #8
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
What is it?

Is it the movie of Sealab 2020?

That would be bizzarro.

(sorry)
Nope. Fantasy adventure, wizards/dragons/etc.

By Ursula Le Guin if that name means anything to you.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:36   #9
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Still means nothing to me.

Nevermind, I'm not a big fantasy person.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:39   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Not even 3-somes with hot girls?
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:46   #11
skiddy
wild one

My Yahoo! Chat account and it's scores of hot hot hot 13yr olds give me all the sexual fantasies I need.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 18:47   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

fer reel
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:14   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Did she write Hounds of the Morrigan (sp?)?
I remember that book because it won me a chocolate bar at primary school for having the longest word in the class (antidisestablishmentarianism, interestingly enough).
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:22   #14
Ragnarak

Nope, pretty sure that wasn't her unless I missed it
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 19:22   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Did she write Hounds of the Morrigan (sp?)?
I remember that book because it won me a chocolate bar at primary school for having the longest word in the class (antidisestablishmentarianism, interestingly enough).

It's not by the same author

I have however read that book too.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:01   #16
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

Just watched the second part having read all the books fairly recently. Have to say it was thouroughly dissapointing. Only watched the second part because i felt that if i didnt i would have wasted an hour and a half of my life on the first part.

As it is i now wasted 3 hours on both parts
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:25   #17
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

I didn't feel it was the worst movie i'd ever seen, just dissapointing compared to the books.
Imo the books deserve a proper film with decent special effects and a script that actually resembles the books. One of the only positives was Kristin Kreuk. The way the switched around names and appearance was strange as well. Ged being the secret name and Sparrowhawk being his human name. And Ged being white was strange. But hey, what can we expect from the Sci Fi channel.
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:46   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

I thought Ged was white (i cant remember ... read it ages ago).
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:48   #19
Vasquez
-Retard-

Vasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these partsVasquez is infamous around these parts

Well Jesus was a blackman, so who knows about Ged
George Bush visited East London where i live recently. He was interviewed by a couple of children selected from local schools. One of the questions, asked by a 10year old lad, was "Whats the White House like"

The most powerful man in the world who regularly faces some of the toughest questioning in the world by the best journalists answered........

"It is White"
Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:48   #20
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Well Ged is described as coloured. (Im fairly sure)
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 20:56   #21
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

http://books.guardian.co.uk/departme...144428,00.html

Just found in this Interview she's quoted as saying:

Ursula K Le Guin: "I see Ged as dark brownish-red, and all the other people in the book (except the Kargs and Serret) as brown or brown-red, to very dark or black (Vetch). "
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 21:13   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

well im not reading it anymore then
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 01:01   #23
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
Ursula K Le Guin: "I see Ged as dark brownish-red, and all the other people in the book (except the Kargs and Serret) as brown or brown-red, to very dark or black (Vetch). "
Indian.

Yes Im back.
Please dont laugh at me. I'm not trying to be funny.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 22:44   #24
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

It's not really worth watching the Movie Toccata as it doesn't follow any of the books as such. Just steals some names and locations. :/
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 22:51   #25
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

I haven't read the books but i hope they aren't anything like the tv movie, ye gads it was shit. I assume they just took the bear bones of the books and made a movie, there were lots of points where i thought the book probably had more detail (like when they met the dragon). One thing thats puzzling me though is this gibbet that was meant to be the dark side of sparrowhawk, why did it need to steal his face if it was him? and were the other nameless ones just other darksides?

It was worth it just to watch kristen kreuk (sp?) id have taken her so very very roughly in that cell.
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 22:53   #26
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

oh and the tyrant killing his lover for failure when shes just sent him a message saying she has the wizard and the priestess person makes so much sense, as does the maegus person being stabbed but not stabbed.
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 22:54   #27
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
It was worth it just to watch kristen kreuk (sp?) id have taken her so very very roughly in that cell.