User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:13   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Problems with Mp3 Download

Right i purchase the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack and i am now in the process of downloading a few of the tracks ot my pc so i can listen to it without venturing out into the godforsaken cold of britain to my car to retrieve the cd.

Has anyone else experienced this really weird phenomenon known as 'music then utter utter crap'

it plays about 5seconds then soudns like the cd is skipping or something

Except there is no cd.

This is happening with multiple mp3s im getting for other cds and i dont quite know why.

If you dont believe me that ive bought it then i really dotn give a crap. I had to spent 16 bucks plus tax on it and i want to be able to listen to it here without having to rip it.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:18   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Got Jitter correction on? Protected CD?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:19   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
its not ripping from the cd
this is being downloaded from Kazaa
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:19   #4
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that's a rather normal phenomenon with mp3 files who're damaged either during creation or during transportation over the wide wide web. Try to download again I guess.

Matrim
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:20   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
isnt it the music co's putting versions of the songs on that are crap or something so that ppl wont d/l them???
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:22   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oh right, sorry misunderstood. Then yes.

Quite a lot of new tracks (like the Evanescene album) I've downloaded form Kazaa has some music then "Swoosh, Swoosh" (erm, hard to describe). I presume it's a music industry ploy, but it's hardly making them anymore popular.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:23   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
It's just the **** music lol
or
use an mp3 checker.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:29   #8
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
clearly

it's a secret RIAA conspiracy

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:48   #9
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
i had that,and tis annoying.But you can usually find a copy thats decent.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:07   #10
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
its not ripping from the cd
this is being downloaded from Kazaa
Congratulations, you've identified the source of your problem yourself.

Try to find sources more reliable than Kazaa, or, stop being a lazy ****ing twat and go and get the cd from your car.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:37   #11
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop being lazy and make a quality rip of it yourself. Kazaa is ****ing useless for music.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:50   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Grimble
Stop being lazy and make a quality rip of it yourself. Kazaa is ****ing useless for music.
emphasis

ps grumble grimble
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:15   #13
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
me and grimble will reccomend getting your CD

and then ripping it using a program called EAC
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

and then use a external compressor called LAME (version 3.92)
http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/

unzip LAME then install EAC

during installation, go for Secure Mode. When all set up go to EAC -> Compression options then where it says additional command line options put in just "--alt-preset standard" without the quotes

extract the CD, enjoy.

fiddle with the options as well, its a good program
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 22:45   #14
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Costa
"--alt-preset standard -Z" without the quotes
fixed for better quality

Remember to think happy thoughts