User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:42   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
What mobile should I get?

I love my Siemens M50, but it's getting old. Would like to keep with Siemens as I have a Siemens MP3 player. So what do people make of the newer Siemens phones? As good as the (excellent!) M50 I have? Of all the brands I've had, Siemens own so far...

Was thinking of the S/E 610 though, but some people have grumbled about this.

I want a colour screen I think, and *maybe* built in camera. But otherwise, what's the best handset? I'm on O2, and don't want to spend more than £100 upgrading, preferably less!

[edit: Oh and what network do you like best?]

Cheers,

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"

Last edited by Mong; 26 Sep 2003 at 18:23.
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:47   #2
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Comedy "NOKIA!" option.

[edit] Yes, stick with Siemens. That narrows it down as well as ensuring you get a good phone.
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:48   #3
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
A RED ONE!!!
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 10:55   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Comedy "NOKIA!" option.
Nokias are like arseholes - many different shapes and colours, but everybody has one!

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 11:02   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
NONE!!!!

Mobile phones are evil!!
It enables people to call you at unconvenient times... they keep you out of your sleep... they cause "post-TEXTMSG-stress"... they cause inconveneince when you're sitting on your arse... to stay "teh l33t phone own0r" you have to buy a new one every 4 months... you have to pay for them...

well... they are simply ****!
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 16:44   #6
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
NONE!!!!

Mobile phones are evil!!
It enables people to call you at unconvenient times... they keep you out of your sleep... they cause "post-TEXTMSG-stress"... they cause inconveneince when you're sitting on your arse... to stay "teh l33t phone own0r" you have to buy a new one every 4 months... you have to pay for them...

well... they are simply ****!
Funny ****!

I'm able to press my 'off' button.
I'm actually thankfull that my phone also works as an alarm clock in the morning.
I've not payed for a phone in 4 years, granted I did sell them. I've had the newest all the time. Actually, at the moment I'm playing 'flo snowboard' on the NGAGE. It fking owns.

I own a T610 Ericsson. It's the best untill the Samsung E700 comes on market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 17:16   #7
w2k
all grown up

w2k is an unknown quantity at this point
the Siemens S55 is nice altho it only has a 256 colours screen which sux
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 17:18   #8
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Why exactly do you need all that gob****e, you can ring and text people on a 20 quid phone?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 17:38   #9
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I've decided to wait 3 years until the 3G net is running and a few generation of 3G phones have been in circulation before I buy a new phone.

What you should by: Well I don't know.

Matrim
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 17:38   #10
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
Why exactly do you need all that gob****e, you can ring and text people on a 20 quid phone?
WINNER.

My 3310 still rocks.
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:15   #11
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by w2k
the Siemens S55 is nice altho it only has a 256 colours screen which sux
I was thinking S55... 256 on a little screen is fine

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:22   #12
Mong
Forever Delayed

I'm thinking Panasonic GD87... comments?

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:32   #13
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Well, you won't listen to me anyways so why should I bother?

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:36   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
Well, you won't listen to me anyways so why should I bother?
Bare that in mind before every post you make thanks.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:56   #15
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
im still perfectly happy with my 3330. the moment it crashes and dies, or breaks then i`ll buy another one, not before
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 18:57   #16
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

I won't give advice to someone who won't listen, but I don't mind spamming drivel without you noticing.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 20:18   #17
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
That should keep Mong's thread nicely bouyant then.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 01:02   #18
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobzeh
WINNER.

My 3310 still rocks.
Omigod it's BOBBAN!
Super cool

And 3310 != £20

Plus Samsung s300 is
But yeah, you shouldn't have to mortgage your house for a phone. My old one was free, free! And it still lasted me about two years before the battery startd dying after a couple of hours.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 01:09   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
sl55. bingo
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 01:10   #20
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
The Motorola C350 is nice....but then i only replaced my C35 cos it broke, i would have kept that if it still worked.
I chose it because its cheap (compared to similar Nokias for example), and little so easy to carry.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 11:06   #21
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Quote:
Originally posted by JamMak
Plus Samsung s300 is
It's a ****ing waste of time to even consider it.

No camera, no mms. What's the bloody point?

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 12:25   #22
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
T610 is very popular and good.

I got myself a samsung V200, love it
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 16:30   #23
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What mobile should I get?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Was thinking of the S/E 610 though, but some people have grumbled about this.
Get it... It rules (IMO)
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 21:47   #24
Pavil

Re: What mobile should I get?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I love my Siemen

Still got it Pavil....still got it...