User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 15 May 2003, 14:17   #1
Nem3sis
Planetarion Radio DJ

Nem3sis is an unknown quantity at this point
Unrealircd

ne1 know a nice easy way to limit /lusers, /map and /links to ircops?
Nem3sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 15:04   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Unrealircd

Quote:
Originally posted by Nem3sis
ne1 know a nice easy way to limit /lusers, /map and /links to ircops?
You have to edit the source and recompile, but the modifications you need to make are trivial.

In m_lusers(), m_map() and m_links(), add the following lines at the start of the function (after variable declarations):

Code:
if (!IsAnOper (sptr)) 
{
  sendto_one (sptr, err_str (ERR_NOPRIVILEGES),
    me.name, parv[0]);
  return 0;
}
This code should work

After making these modifications, recompile and then only opers will be able to use /lusers, /map and /links
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 16:41   #3
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
It's also a good idea to comment out this line in channel.c:

sendto_channelops_butone(NULL, &me, chptr,":%s NOTICE @%s :%s invited %s into the channel.",me.name, chptr->chname, sptr->name, acptr->name);

(mainly because its as annoying as ****).
Unread 16 May 2003, 09:54   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Can I just point out how Evil unrealircd is, and how much Sexier and Better ircu is? Ta.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 12:57   #5
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Can I just point out how Evil unrealircd is, and how much Sexier and Better ircu is? Ta.

M.
That depends.

Ircu and Gnuworld is better than ircd/nickserv etc.

But it is far cheaper, easier, and less system intensive to run Unreal with nickserv etc.
Unread 16 May 2003, 15:07   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
But it is far cheaper, easier, and less system intensive on a small network to run Unreal with nickserv etc.
Fixed that for you.

Jester
Unread 16 May 2003, 18:34   #7
Nem3sis
Planetarion Radio DJ

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
It's also a good idea to comment out this line in channel.c:

sendto_channelops_butone(NULL, &me, chptr,":%s NOTICE @%s :%s invited %s into the channel.",me.name, chptr->chname, sptr->name, acptr->name);

(mainly because its as annoying as ****).
im 2 steps ahead of u, did that ages ago
Unread 18 May 2003, 11:19   #8
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

M.
IRCu is generally more evil. The lack of any services which support IRCu is a problem, the only decent services I can see are srvx and GNUWorld, hardly much choice is there? The choice in the past before the release of these services was very very limited.

However nice P10 is, its a bitch with the lack of services which support it.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 14:28   #9
Nem3sis
Planetarion Radio DJ

ComradeRob....... where can i find those functions in 3.2?
Unread 19 May 2003, 09:39   #10
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by GReaper
IRCu is generally more evil. The lack of any services which support IRCu is a problem, the only decent services I can see are srvx and GNUWorld, hardly much choice is there? The choice in the past before the release of these services was very very limited.

But GNUWorld is the best; no question about it!

Anyway, as an ircd, ircu beats unreal hands down.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 12:17   #11
Rayden
Enforcer

Rayden is an unknown quantity at this point
ircd-ratbox is ircd-hybrid especially adapted for EFNet. The only network actually worth the time :-)
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 15:13   #12
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by GReaper

I agree. My car sucks because only two brands make good tires for it.

Jester