User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Oct 2013, 02:24   #1
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
[Congratulations]... Vikings!

With but the most prolific group of cheaters in the game choosing you as this rounds vicarious victory du jour, you manged to nap and then stab in the back all the competition in front of you and managed to finish.. second.

As someone not in the channels where this gets discussed:

Why did you break your agreement with fang to hit ct when it looked like ct were going to retal fang in the case of you both hitting them?
Why did you then not break the subsequent nap with ct sooner than you did if you intended to do it at all?
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 06:51   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Congratulations]... Vikings!

lame
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 08:38   #3
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
With but the most prolific group of cheaters in the game choosing you as this rounds vicarious victory du jour, you manged to nap and then stab in the back all the competition in front of you and managed to finish.. second.

Why did you break your agreement with fang to hit ct when it looked like ct were going to retal fang in the case of you both hitting them?
Why did you then not break the subsequent nap with ct sooner than you did if you intended to do it at all?
Not everything someone other than you does is cheating. Vikings aint the first ally that broke the nap FAnG does it every round and i dont see anyone crying about it.
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 11:52   #4
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

HEY PAL, FAnG don't break naps every round. You can blame clouds for telling me Cardi napped us to troll irv
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 11:59   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I started typing a decent response to this thread, but then I realised that such an overtly spiteful attempt at starting a bitter argument didn't warrant any such response. I hope this thread quickly withers and dies.
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 12:22   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I can remember an era of PA when alliances would break naps and go for the win.
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 12:41   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 13:13   #8
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
Not everything someone other than you does is cheating.
I'm referring to app attempting to get vikings the win, not calling vikings cheaters for breaking a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
Vikings aint the first ally that broke the nap FAnG does it every round and i dont see anyone crying about it.
And everyone complains about nap breaks, including vik hc. Here is the complaint thread regarding their breaking of one.. along with bonus questions I'd genuinely like answered <3
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 15:52   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is the era breaking naps and going for 2nd

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 16:32   #10
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
I started typing a decent response to this thread, but then I realised that such an overtly spiteful attempt at starting a bitter argument didn't warrant any such response. I hope this thread quickly withers and dies.
I started typing a decent response to this post, but then i realised that such an overt attempt to overreact to one sentence sending up vikings' tactics for the round was simply an overreach for statesmanship and didn't warrant any such response. I hope your post is glossed over so that we can talk about the two questions I raised.

Quote:
I'd prefer alliances going for the win rather than settling for second place too. I'm just asking why they did it the way they did.
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 16:35   #11
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

You're a sad lot, whining on AD. Pathetic. Get a life maybe?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2013, 16:41   #12
oil

Focus on what's important in life... irc and battle calcs. Don't use AD!!!
Unread 27 Oct 2013, 03:01   #13
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The answer to the first question would be: what agreement was broken? Despite FAnG being adament Vikings broke an agreement, the only agreement that was made was a 20hr ceasefire. It started by Connovar proposing a deal until the end of the round which was then discussed internally, and was countered by a proposal to a 20hr ceasefire. Connovar then said he was off to go have dinner, and to sort the proper sharing of targets with EvilMonkey. Part of Connovars original proposal was to put a wave on the CT's in 2:6, which we planned on livelaunching. Unfortunately, one of the key members in the organisation of that livelaunch wave had some incs, and forgot to organise the wave because of it.

We didn't really intend to break the nap with CT as we had a plan that we felt would keep us ahead of CT without breaking the nap. There had been a short talk on breaking the nap on sunday, but it was quickly dismissed by an HC vote. Obviously our plan didn't work out the way we intended, as Spore put up one hell of a fight for their key planets. Meanwhile CT kept gaining as Apprime put up less of a fight than we had counted on. It wasn't until thursday when the HC vote swayed to breaking the NAP. Another big reason to stick to the NAP was the fact CT had fleets that were better equiped to fight Vikings than the other way around. This was due to Vikings being at war with FAnG for a big chunk of the midround, building anti DE/BS ships, while CT's targets were mostly FI based, allowing them to build more anti FI ships.

Personally, i think we should have parted the agreement like gentlemen by talking to CT on sunday. The original deal until the end of the round was put into place on the premise that FAnG would put up a good fight. On sunday it was quite apparent they weren't putting up a fight at all, and that should have opened up the possibility for CT and Vikings to duke it out among eachother in the last 5 days.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2013, 01:08   #14
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

i know this is about a round late, but it's a shame that responses alike my previous one don't spark a decent discussion at all. I guess most of AD are only interested in the quick flame attempt rather than a real discussion. Either that or i managed to write a response that shut everyone up, which in itself is something i refuse to believe.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2013, 03:58   #15
oil

No one else contested your suggestion that the agreement with fang didn't actually exist (so that seemed like a dead end), and your reasons for why you burnt ct late seemed reasonable, and outside of gratuitously pointing out how wrong you were in judging when to do it I didn't see much else to discuss. xxX
Unread 27 Dec 2013, 12:08   #16
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Look, a butthurt retard :-)
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2013, 14:46   #17
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
i know this is about a round late, but it's a shame that responses alike my previous one don't spark a decent discussion at all. I guess most of AD are only interested in the quick flame attempt rather than a real discussion. Either that or i managed to write a response that shut everyone up, which in itself is something i refuse to believe.
I wouldnt take it personally, I would just assume that the thread is such an obvious troll (as is the poster), that it should be just left to whither and die ;p
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote