User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2007, 21:01   #1
steeeb

steeeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Exploration - Random events

Okay, this is an idea i came up with when i heard there was going to be random events this round, but i guess you decided not to. This is a cool idea for how to implement them anyway... in my eyes at least.

So.. There will be a new mission type, called "Explore", you can send what you like to explore, the more ships, youll find slightly better (or slightly worse) random events.

You can explore for 1-5 ticks, return eta is 1 tick (as you explore around your planet), and it takes up a fleet slot (oviously).

Now then, what kind of random events can we have?

You could find asteroids, which if you have some pods in your exploration fleet, you can bring home with you.
You can encounter small fleets, which may damage you, or you could blow up for salvage (as they are near your planet).
If your zik, you could steal some of these ships.

Use your imagination, this could be a fun little thing to do when you have a fleet slot thats doing nothing, you gain a little, oviously not drastic ammount like as if you landed a nice attack, but a christmas bonus if you will.

Of course, exploring loads won't always be a good thing, you could run into a fleet and loose a few ships (maybe having a balanced exploration fleet would be a good idea, so you can target everything), you might suddenly need to defend someone, but opps.. your fleet is out. So i think its fair both ways
steeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 21:19   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Exploration - Random events

I like this idea. However, I think its going to be declined for the same reasons that random events were removed (yes, they were actually implemented for the beta): people didn't like it when luck didn't go their way. Having said that, its also incredibly hard to balance the rewards that they're good enough to warrant not sending out an attack or defence, and bad enough to stop people doing this entirely.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 21:23   #3
steeeb

steeeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I like this idea. However, I think its going to be declined for the same reasons that random events were removed (yes, they were actually implemented for the beta): people didn't like it when luck didn't go their way. Having said that, its also incredibly hard to balance the rewards that they're good enough to warrant not sending out an attack or defence, and bad enough to stop people doing this entirely.

Hmm, understandable.

How about if exploring was to give a fixed find based on fleet value of exploring fleet based on some kind of formula?

Maybe you choose your fleet, it explores for 5 ticks, and comes back with x ammount of roids/ships/resources or whatever based on the fleet value.

Will give a little bonus, but you have to be careful incase you need your fleet.. recalling before the 5 ticks will get you nothing.
steeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 10:31   #4
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

I'D actually make it so any race can encounter lost ships I'd even put in ships from previous rounds . You've found 5 abandoned war miners and 2 cargo ships.

The Real Arfy Surley the random events would be so small that players wouldn't care one way or another I just see it as something to do when you got nothing to do.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote