User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:02   #1
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Orbit and Round 29

I've been tasked with informing you all that after much debate we have decided to follow what other allys have done before us and as such.

Orbit will NOT be playing round 29. Instead some of us will be taking a much needed break. While the rest play on either solo or amongst the allys that are willing to have them.

We return to PLAY RND 30
We've decided this for various reasons the main been the pure lack of interest in pa during the current climate by the type of players we're acustomed to supporting.

Yes this post is rather early in terms of before round end but i want to give the members that want to play in other allys as much chance to sort there places as possible. NO point leaving things till last minute!

Therefore i ask the other allys to look into any ex orbiters applying seriously and not simply dismiss them.(as i know full well some ppl simply think of orbit as a group of nubs) There are some truely good players in there i promise you as they do well over and over even with the massive lack of defence.

Thanks on behalf of ORBIT HC and cya rnd 30
Hutchi

PS: During the down time we will be running various other team games like Kanes Wrath, Civ IV etc using our members chan as a community chan accessable to previous orbiters and friends(as it will still remain p invite).
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:08   #2
drinker
registered drunkard of pa

drinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Orbit and Round 29

good luck to all my fellow orbiters!

to reiterarte what hutchi has said, pls be kind fellow alliances and provide refuge for those that are leaving us for the next round! we arent all stupid! (perhaps with the exception of membrivio, but hey we already know this )
and many of our members are decent players and great to have in any alliance channel!

GL and i shall return in rd 30!
drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:16   #3
Kenny

fo shizzle, dawgs.

Go dazzle your ratazmagazzle
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:38   #4
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
fo shizzle, dawgs.

Go dazzle your ratazmagazzle
been to the cinema latley?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:43   #5
MissyR

MissyR is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry to hear Orbit wont be playing next round, I throughly enjoyed my round with you when ROCK had their rd break *hugz*

Of course ROCK would be more than happy to consider ex-Orbiters for the current & next round. Feel free to pop in #rock for an interview

ROCK foreva
MissyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 19:52   #6
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
been to the cinema latley?
yes

WALLLLL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 20:27   #7
Singularity
Orbit Defence God

Singularity is an unknown quantity at this point

Long Live Orbit.
I will be one of those members who will be chomping at the bit to get back to playing under the Orbit Banner.
Meanwhile I'll whoop Drinker's and Cerv's bums at Red Alert and Civ IV!
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2008, 23:27   #8
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Smuuuuudgeee
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 00:21   #9
WreCkeRer

WreCkeRer can only hope to improve

its sad to see a round without orbit...i had one great round with you gyus...hope i can get to know of you better in rd30. Good luck
R19: [Myth] 9:10:14 Planet Rank: 620 || Galaxy Rank: 1 || Alliance Rank: 18
R21: |Lost| 18:4:12 Planet Rank: 861 || Galaxy Rank: 13 || Alliance Rank: 19
R28: [Orbit] 3:10:4 Planet Rank: 467 || Galaxy Rank: 40 || Alliance Rank: 15
R29: [NewDawn] 10:6:2 Planet Rank: 232 || Galaxy Rank: 18 || Alliance Rank: 4
R30: [Orbit] 9:2:21 Planet Rank: 617 || Galaxy Rank: 14 || Alliance Rank: 7
WreCkeRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 01:06   #10
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchi View Post
We return to PLAY RND 30
<snip>
Therefore i ask the other allys to look into any ex orbiters applying seriously and not simply dismiss them.
Now there's the problem. I'd be happy to offer places to good players from any alliance - but not for just one round.

On a more positive note.......
Enjoy your rest - and we look forward to welcoming you back in R30.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 01:24   #11
Kenny

Kane's Wrath ftw.
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 05:45   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Now there's the problem. I'd be happy to offer places to good players from any alliance - but not for just one round.
Lame.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 07:19   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchi View Post
(as it will still remain p invite)
It might be worth opening up the channel for the general population. You can obviously still ban assholes like me from it in order to keep it friendly, but it might increase interest from non-Orbit players for r30.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 10:53   #14
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Sad to see Orbit go even tho tis for 1 round, Even though tis a tad different now than when it was created still kinda feel apart of it . If there are any orbiters that remember me and need a home for next round come have a word and i can try and sort u out with something if u are stuck

good luck orbiters for round 29 and let the red revolution be bigger and better for orbit mkIII

Sebos
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 14:38   #15
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Lame.
Would you care to explain why alliances should consider denying a place to people who will be loyal (and stay for several rounds) in order to make room for people who "belong" to another alliance and are only looking for a temporary home?
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 23 Sep 2008, 15:27   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Would you care to explain why alliances should consider denying a place to people who will be loyal (and stay for several rounds) in order to make room for people who "belong" to another alliance and are only looking for a temporary home?
Loyalty is overrated. One round is a long time. You can probably learn things from them too.

Ascendancy regularly takes in people whose regular alliances are taking breaks from their alliance and it's usually great. They learn from us, we learn from them, we have more active members, they have an active alliance. Everybody wins!

Edit: Down with alliance member limits!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2008, 19:32   #17
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

I suppose that's why VGN has been around for so long. We actually appreciate and encourage loyalty - above all other considerations.

I agree with your comment about member limits though.
Unread 24 Sep 2008, 20:22   #18
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It might be worth opening up the channel for the general population. You can obviously still ban assholes like me from it in order to keep it friendly, but it might increase interest from non-Orbit players for r30.
Sounds like a good plan to me and it saves mass chan pugring come rnd 30 :P

Also on the loyalty issue i never said deny other players in favour just dont throw them aside cos there ex orbit.

Allys will always have quite afew players that wont stay more than a round for various reasons, some players just never settle others fal out with ppl and move etc.

tbh i've always found taking in players for a rnd to be good for building up relationships with allys/player groups your normally only deal with rarely
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2008, 11:14   #19
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinker View Post
good luck to all my fellow orbiters!

to reiterarte what hutchi has said, pls be kind fellow alliances and provide refuge for those that are leaving us for the next round! we arent all stupid! (perhaps with the exception of membrivio, but hey we already know this )
and many of our members are decent players and great to have in any alliance channel!

GL and i shall return in rd 30!
I should negrep you for this

I think we should not be all too dramatic about this, I think many alliances are willing to have some Orbiters around. They will be all right.

This had to happen at some point, good to see Hutchi communicated this early.

On a sidenote: ORBIT FTW ^^
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2008, 20:12   #20
peninah42
historiographical wonder

peninah42 is an unknown quantity at this point

we will take any coming our way. farewell orbit. and may the universe bless you with many roids in the rounds hereafter.

----------------------------
Round 28: Redemption
Round 26 n 27: ASS DC
Round 25: TEMPLARS HC< MERGED WITH ASS
Round 24: loner.... Round 4 (i think, might be 4-8) - 7: KON Round 1-3: played
peninah42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 08:42   #21
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

gl with the future orbit

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote