User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 01:11   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Alliance limits Round 19

In the last few rounds we've seen several alliance limit setups. With the feeling that there seem to be more rules than features each round, I'd like to try and simplify things this round. Perhaps not as much as many would like, but no one is perfect!
I'd like to see a setup with the top 60-65 members counting towards the alliance limit, and a maximum of 80 members.
This should reduce the issues of having players out of the alliance limit.
The "your alliance only gains what score you gained since leaving your last alliance" would also go.

The major issue I see with this is that smaller alliances are probably going to suffer a bit more in getting new players. I realise the best time to do this change would probably have been this round, when recruitment is probably lowest, but it's a bit late to start now.

Ideally, if we had a high average activity per player and lots of players willing to shoulder responsible roles and play to win, we could have a much lower alliance limit. However, many alliances are more mini communities, it's (apparently) becoming if anything harder to find those willing to be a BC/DC/HC "full time", and alliances need a definite infrastructure which the current ingame tools are not enough to support - arbiters, defence bots, attack bots, relay channels, etc. This lends to the idea of having a bigger alliance.

Two other possibilties would be to not allow recruitment of up to 80 members for the first x ticks (usually first few days- week, from previous setups) and to allow alliances to only recruit below their average score once they reach the 60-65 limit, to encourage the alliances to only take on smaller planets that are learning at no cost to their overall score.

The limit of scanners would possibly still stay at 10 (though there's not really a need to have an upper limit as such, as there's no delay between changing scanners at the moment, and I see no reason why there should be?)

This has been talked over with some of the alliance HCs over the last couple of days, but I now throw it open to input from the rest of the community.