User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:03   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Venus transit tomorrow...

Rare event to see early tomorrow morning; seen by no one in living history infact. Starts at 6:19am BST. Don`t look at the sun directly ffs! I`m going to use some "Eclipse shades" I bought at the time of the last solar eclipse. Enjoy ;-)

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:09   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Venus transit tomorrow...

6:19 AM?

Bugger off.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:09   #3
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Venus transit tomorrow...

i wouldnt mind seeing it but at 6am i seriously doubt i will wanna get out of bed
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:15   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The event begins at about 0620 BST and lasts for six hours, ending about 1224.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:54   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

people will take pictures for me and put it on the interweb.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:58   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I watched this show on TV that said that some bloke back in the 18th century sat on a boat in the Indian Ocean for 8 years while he waited for Venus' transit. Then when it finally happened he missed it cos it was too cloudy! So he waited another few years and saw it.
By the time he got home (to France I think) his family had given him up for dead and sold all his posessions. lol!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 22:08   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The transit will be well underway before the sun rises here, but I'm planning to get up and see what I can of it.

Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:05   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I watched this show on TV that said that some bloke back in the 18th century sat on a boat in the Indian Ocean for 8 years while he waited for Venus' transit. Then when it finally happened he missed it cos it was too cloudy! So he waited another few years and saw it.
By the time he got home (to France I think) his family had given him up for dead and sold all his posessions. lol!

Guillaume-Joseph-Hyacinthe Jean-Baptiste Le Gentil de la Galaisiere not only had the longest name of any of th ewould-be Venus0watchers he also made the longest expedition. Yet unlike his compatriot Chappe he failed to produce a single useful measurement. Le Gentils goal was Pondicherry the capital of French india. He sailed to Mauritius in the Indian OCean but before he could find a ship to take him onwards hostilities had flared between the Frence and British in India. He began to dispair and with time running out he was overjoyed when a French frigate arrived carrying urgent messages for Pondicherry. Bad weather forced the frigate to wander the ocean for weeks and then when it finally neared its destination word came that Pondicherry had fallen to the English. The ship headed back to Mauritius. On 6 June Le Gentil was still at sea "I observed the best i could the transit of Venus its beginning and end" he wrote later. But uncertain of his exact location and the precise time his observations were worthless.

Determined to salvage something from his trup Le Gentil spent several years mapping the east coast of Madasgascar and observin the islands people and natural history. Bt the time he had finished there seemed little point in going home before th enxt transit. He decided to watch from the Mariana Islands remote specks east of the Philippines. But in the Philippines he found that few ships ever visited the Marianas. Stuck in Manila he made plans to observe the transit from there. But with the Spanish governor making things difficult he finally decided to head back to Pobdicherry which was now back in French hands. This time his ship was endangered by a capricios captain and a petulant pilot who argues and then stalked off to their cabins to sulk - just as the ship entered a dangerous stretch of water.

Miraculously the ship reached Pondicherry and Le Gentil built his observatory among the ruins. From here Le Gentil would be able to observe the second half of the transit and record the crucial time when Venus moved off the face of the sun early in the morning on 4 June. "During the whole of the month of May until the 3rd of June the mornings were very beautiful" herecounted later. At two the next morning he looked outside. "I saw with the greatest astonishment that the sky was covered everywhere". At 5am the wind got up and he dared to hope it might blow the cloud away. But the expedition was doomed. "At 3 or 4 minutes before 7 oclock almost the moment when Venus was to go off the sun a light whiteness was seen in the sky which gave a suspicion of the position of the sun nothing could be distinguised in the telescope." Shortly after 9 the clouds cleared and the sun shone brilliantly for the rest of the day.

Le Gentil was distraught. "I had gone more than ten thousand leagues it seemed that had crossed such a great expanse of seas exiling myself from my native land only to be the spectator of a fatal cloud which came to place itself before the sun at the precise moment of my observation, to carry off from me the fruits of my pains and of my fatigues."

Le Gentils misfortunes were not over yet. In Pondicherry he heard that his relatives were trting to have him declared dead and divide up his estate. It took him another 18 months to reach France. He had been away 11 years 6 months and 13 days. Although he reclaimed his estate he lost most of his money and his coveted place in the French academy. But his luck finally changed. He fell in love married and had a daughter he doted on. And unlike many friends he avoided the guilotine dying naturally in 1792 just before the revolutionaires caught up with him.

[From this weeks NewScientist ... i just typed that out by hand btw]
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:16   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
Rare event

Which occurs again in 2012 :rolleyes:
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:25   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

About the same time you'll have sex again then, eh?
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:31   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

If i dont have sex in the next 8 years i shall chop my penis off and throw it at Vanessa Feltz.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:32   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:32   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
If i dont have sex in the next 8 years i shall chop my penis off and throw it at Vanessa Feltz.
You say that now...
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:37   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
You say that now...

I say that now because i know that i will not allow it to come to that.

I'll pay for it* if i need to.

BTW being in a coma or otherwise being physically/mentally incapable of doing "the necessary" for any considerable length of time negates my pledge.

*and so will the woman/girl (i shall **** THROUGH "the first")
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:54   #15
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Rare event
Which occurs again in 2012 :rolleyes
They occur in irregular pairs. 2 of them 8 years apart every 122 years (or something)
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 23:59   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

I knew that.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 00:02   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dace: Astrophysicist and penis-hurler extrordinaire.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 02:55   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I just read about that in a Brief History of Nearly Everything! I will be watching the skies :littlealienguywithshiftyeyes:
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 03:02   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But his luck finally changed. He fell in love married and had a daughter he doted on. And unlike many friends he avoided the guilotine dying naturally in 1792 just before the revolutionaires caught up with him.
so to clarify, he was lucky because he died of natural causes (probably painful) before he could be (painlessly) killed by guillotining?

personally id prefer the guillotine.

new scientist is stooopid
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 07:51   #20
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

There's a programme on BBC1 at midday about it.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 08:42   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

So it should still be here right?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 09:10   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
So it should still be here right?
Yes. It was there five minutes ago, at any rate. Someone's set up a telescope in Great Court pointed at it.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 09:49   #23
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is it possible to see it without using any of these newfangled contraptions? All I have is a piece of glass used by welders (to block out the light), but I couldn't see a thing.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 11:00   #24
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think i missed it

Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 11:07   #25
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I looked at the sun and it looked normal.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:01   #26
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Luckily I was able to see something after all. With the naked eye (protected by my piece of glass, which I was conveniently able to rest on my nose) I was able to see an extremely small black dot. It was not as spectacular as the advance publicity claimed, but at least it gave me a brief distraction from my revision.
As for that BBC program: All I have to say is where is Patrick Moore? Surely this is the sort of thing he should be presenting, rather than some unknown person with his allegedly witty sidekicks "Dick & Dom". For the benefit of those of you who were fortunate enough to miss the show, I shall recap (I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember exactly how it went):

Presenter Who Isn't Patrick Moore: Why look, it's Dick & Dom.
Dick & Dom: Hello, we can see the sun, but there's a black spot on our viewer which we cannot remove.
Presenter Who Isn't Patrick Moore, clearly concerned and bewildered, peers into Dick & Dom's viewer: Well I can't for the life of me imagine what is wrong. Oh, wait, that's Venus.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:11   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Star Trek : The Final Let Down
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:15   #28
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Too cloudy here.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 12:45   #29
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

I really saw fk all. Damn my poor eyesight!
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 13:56   #30
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
people will take pictures for me and put it on the interweb.
Here
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:11   #31
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Was this today?

Bollocks.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:12   #32
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I wouldn't say no to her.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:20   #33
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Biggest spectacle ever! I'm sorry for those who didn't see it...
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:32   #34
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I wouldn't say no to her.
You have the standards of a scarred,whispy mustachoed, addidas clad bail jumper.

She is "the nasty"
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:34   #35
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I'm glad I couldn't see that, because the pictures prove that that was even worse than the solar eclipse.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 14:48   #36
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I live in one of the most cloud free and star-filled skys in the world. Unfortunately I couldn't give **** all about a freckle passing the surface of the sun.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 15:18   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think we were all supposed to gain an appreciation for the minute size of the planets compared to the sun,and realise how meaningless all our problems are on the grander scale. Yay nihilism!

PS I also missed it as I decided after being unable to see it with my own eyes that perhaps staring directly at the sun through a pair of binoculars might not be the greatest idea in the history of the universe.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 15:38   #38
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Well I looked this morning at about 8:30 BST, no cloud at all, clear skies, could n`t see a bloody thing. Hmm. Maybe the disc is too small to see buy human eye?

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 15:51   #39
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

According to astrologers this event means we are all going to start getting some more than normal and that love will flourish over the next year or so. Also it signifies the rise of women as the leaders of the world and the decline of the patriarchy (dont panic though apparently this is going to be over the next few decades)
Aren't you glad we have people like this to tell us these important things.
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 15:55   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
According to astrologers this event means we are all going to start getting some more than normal and that love will flourish over the next year or so.
I did just have a wank!
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 16:00   #41
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Well I looked this morning at about 8:30 BST, no cloud at all, clear skies, could n`t see a bloody thing. Hmm. Maybe the disc is too small to see buy human eye?
Mind you, I was n`t wearing my specs; hey I can`t wear two at a time.

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 17:27   #42
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
According to astrologers this event means we are all going to start getting some more than normal and that love will flourish over the next year or so.
It's a shame astrology's complete nonsense, then.

Quote:
Also it signifies the rise of women as the leaders of the world and the decline of the patriarchy (dont panic though apparently this is going to be over the next few decades)
On second thoughts, perhaps it's a good thing.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:19   #43
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I tried to look first thing this morning when the sun came out from behind the clouds for a few seconds but couldnt see anything so I thought I'd look a bit later when it may be more central and noticable (I was looking at about 6:40am). Then I went to Newcastle and watched the thunderstorm all morning instead.

By the sounds of things it was probably more interesting.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:25   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I slept most of the morning, thus convieniently missing the thunderstorm. When I did get up, I could see ****-all.
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:27   #45
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
so to clarify, he was lucky because he died of natural causes (probably painful) before he could be (painlessly) killed by guillotining?

personally id prefer the guillotine.

new scientist is stooopid
I bet that the mental anguish caused by the certainty of death in the guilhotine would prolly be a lot more stressfull than most natural caused death...
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:30   #46
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Well I looked but no-one told me about the glasses thing, I have now these 2 RATHER large big green/blue/red balls hovering in front of my sight, it's getting worse as well.... kinda hard to read what I'm typing.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:44   #47
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Well I looked but no-one told me about the glasses thing, I have now these 2 RATHER large big green/blue/red balls hovering in front of my sight, it's getting worse as well.... kinda hard to read what I'm typing.
lol, how stupid can you get? i give it another couple of hours before you go completly permanently blind
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:46   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Don't pull faces at the sun, if the solar wind changes you'll stay that way.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2004, 00:46   #49
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I tried to see it using binoculars on a piece of paper but it just looked normal :(
Saw it on TV though.

ps. hope you don't value your eyesight too much sunday. I'm not entirely sure why, but I laughed heartily upon reading your post.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote