User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 15:58   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
ITT we rate films we have\have seen

recently when bored i made a list of all the DVDs we have in our house (minus odd ones like some NASA DVD about space, that sucks) and put it on my PC and rated all the movies out

here are my ratings, tell me if you agree with them. IF YOU ARE AS SAD AS ME YOU CAN RATE SOME OTHER FILMS YOU HAVE ASWELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

2001: A Space Odyssey 2/10
24 (Series 1) 8/10
About a Boy 7/10
American Beauty 10/10
American Pie 7/10
American Pie 2 7/10
Alien Resurrection 5/10
A Few Good Men 7/10
Air Force One 4/10
Apocalypse Now 6/10
Armageddon 3/10
Artificial Intelligence 6/10
Austin Powers 2 7/10
Being John Malkovich 8/10
Big Daddy 7/10
Billy Connolly Live
Billy Elliot 8/10
Blade 6/10
Blade 2 5/10
Blue Streak 3/10
Bone Collector 4/10
Bourne Identity 7/10
Braveheart 6/10
Bridget Jones’s Diary 7/10
Buzz Lightyear 0/10
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
Catch Me If You Can 6/10
Chicago
Charlie’s Angels 6/10
Cider House Rules
City of Angels
Clockwork Orange 8/10
Conspiracy Theory 6/10
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 7/10
Cruel Intentions 7/10
Dangerous Liaisons
Dark City 6/10
Dirty Dancing
Donnie Darko 9/10
Dragonheart 4/10
East is East 8/10
Elizabeth 6/10
End of the Affair
Enemy at the Gates 7/10
Enigma
Erin Brokovich 5/10
Fight Club 10/10
Final Destination 5/10
Finding Forrester
From Hell 3/10
Full Metal Jacket 7/10
Gandhi
Gangs of New York 7/10
Gimme Gimme Gimme (S1) 6/10
Girl Interrupted
Gladiator 7/10
Godfather 8/10
Godfather 2 8/10
Godfather 3 6/10
Godzilla 1/10
Going Off Big Time
Goldeneye 6/10
Good Will Hunting 9/10
Gosford Park
Green Mile 9/10
Hannibal 7/10
Harry Potter 5/10
Harry Potter 2 4/10
Heat 5/10
Hellraiser 2 0/10
Hideous Kinky
Hollow Man 6/10
Ice Age
Indecent Proposal
Instinct 2/10
Iris
Jerry Maguire 6/10
Knight’s Tale 8/10
Land Girls 6/10
Legally Blonde 0/10
Les Misérables
Life is Beautiful 8/10
Lilo & Stitch
Little Voice 4/10
Lock Stock (etc.) 8/10
Lord of the Rings 2/10
Lost in Space 6/10
Mars Attacks 6/10
Mask of Zorro 6/10
Matrix 8/10
Maybe Baby 7/10
Meet Joe Black 5/10
Meet the Parents 8/10
Mercury Rising 7/10
Message in a Bottle
MIB 6/10
MIB 2 6/10
Mission Impossible 2 7/10
Minority Report 9/10
Monty Python – The Life of Brian 6/10
Monty Python – The Quest for the Holy Grail 7/10
Monty Python – The Meaning of Life 8/10
Monsters Inc 7/10
Moulin Rouge 7/10
Muriel’s Wedding
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Ninth Gate 6/10
Ocean’s Eleven 8/10
Officer and a Gentleman
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest 6/10
Parole Officer 6/10
Patch Adams 8/10
Pelican Brief 6/10
Perfect Murder 6/10
Phone Booth 9/10
Planet of the Apes 7/10
Plunkett & Macleane 9/10
Pretty Woman
Ransom 6/10
Rasputin
Red Dwarf 1 8/10
Red Dwarf 2 8/10
Road to Perdition 9/10
Romeo and Juliet 7/10
Ronin 7/10
Runaway Bride 5/10
Scary Movie 6/10
Se7en 9/10
Scent of a Woman
Shakespeare in Love 7/10
Shawshank Redemption 9/10
She’s All That
Shipping News
Shrek 6/10
Silence of the Lambs 7/10
Sixth Sense 7/10
Snatch 8/10
Species 3/10
Species 2 1/10
Speed 2 0/10
Spiderman 8/10
Star Trek Insurrection 5/10
Star Wars Ep.1 6/10
Star Wars Ep.2 7/10
Sum of All Fears 7/10
The Firm 7/10
The Gift 7/10
The Hole 4/10
The Mummy 7/10
The Mummy Returns 6/10
The Office 10/10
The Others 7/10
Thirteenth Warrior 6/10
Thomas Crown Affair 8/10
Three Kings 5/10
Tomb Raider 6/10
Toy Story 2 8/10
Traffic 8/10
Training Day 3/10
Vanilla Sky 7/10
Volcano 5/10
We Were Soldiers 6/10
When a Man Loves a Woman
X-men 7/10
XXX 6/10
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:08   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
No way I am going to list all movies I saw but I'll give you a list of movies I have stored somewhere on tape or avi

Godfather trilogy 8/10
Scarface 8/10
Pulp Fiction 9/10
La vitta e belle(sp?) 9/10
Fightclub 8/10
Way of the Dragon 8/10
Enter the Dragon 7/10
American History X 7/10
Lord of the rings 1 7/10
Vanilla Sky 7/10
Goodfellas 9/10
Jackass the movie 6/10
Star wars trilogy 8/10
Donny Brasco 8/10
Devil's advocate 8/10

ah **** it , this is already boring me
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:09   #3
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Debbie Does Dallas 11/10
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:10   #4
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Re: ITT we rate films we have\have seen

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
Apocalypse Now 6/10 Redux is cool 8/10
Billy Elliot 8/10 Gay movie 2/10
Braveheart 6/10 8/10
Bridget Jones’s Diary 7/10 Comedy gold 8/10
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 7/10 Creative 8/10
Cruel Intentions 7/10 Pretty people 9/10
Fight Club 10/10 Overrated 5/10
From Hell 3/10 Hardly deserves a 3
Full Metal Jacket 7/10 9/10
Gangs of New York 7/10 High expectations 2/10
Godfather 8/10 Ace 11/10
Godfather 2 8/10 Ace 11/10
Godfather 3 6/10 Ace 11/10
Heat 5/10 9/10
Hollow Man 6/10 Rhona Mitra Nude 8/10
Legally Blonde 0/10 Comedy gold 7/10
Lord of the Rings 2/10 2? Ffs! 6/10
Minority Report 9/10 Overrated 3/10
Monty Python – The Life of Brian 6/10 8/10
Moulin Rouge 7/10 Blow me! 0/10
Ninth Gate 6/10 8/10
Phone Booth 9/10 Fill me in please?
Ronin 7/10 8/10
Se7en 9/10 One of my favs. 10/10
Shawshank Redemption 9/10 10/10
Shrek 6/10 Brilliant 9/10
The Office 10/10 Need more input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:11   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You rated Apocalypse Now and AI the same.

You rated Big Daddy higher.

You're STUPID.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:13   #6
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i prefer big daddy! it rocks, that little boy is so cute! hehehe

i did try to take directing, acting into account, but most of the ratings are based on my personal preferences. that's why Billy Elliot got 8/10
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:14   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Any film with Gibson in gets -5 automatically.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:17   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

2001: A Space Odyssey 8/10
Air Force One 2/10
Apocalypse Now 7/10
Austin Powers 2 3/10
Blade 6/10
Blade 2 6/10
Braveheart 7/10
Clockwork Orange 9/10
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 8/10
Fight Club 10/10
Full Metal Jacket 8/10
Godfather 9/10
Godfather 2 9/10
Godfather 3 4/10
Harry Potter 6/10
Harry Potter 2 5/10
Ice Age 5/10
Knight’s Tale 5/10
Mask of Zorro 3/10
Matrix 9/10
MIB 2/10
MIB 2 2/10
Mission Impossible 2 2/10
Minority Report 3/10
Monty Python – The Life of Brian 9/10
Monty Python – The Quest for the Holy Grail 9/10
Monty Python – The Meaning of Life 9/10
Moulin Rouge 3/10
Ocean’s Eleven 6/10
Planet of the Apes 2/10 (If it's not the original, ofc)
Ransom 4/10
Road to Perdition 8/10
Shrek 7/10
Silence of the Lambs 8/10
Snatch 6/10
Spiderman 3/10
Star Wars Ep.1 2/10
Star Wars Ep.2 3/10
The Mummy 4/10
The Mummy Returns 2/10
Thirteenth Warrior 3/10
Those were the ones that were most revolting! You gay boy!
Oh, and i let LOTR stay, beacause it's the comick movie right?
If not, you are gay x2 bloomers!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:18   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Re: ITT we rate films we have\have seen

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
You gay boy!
You damn square!
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:21   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
i prefer big daddy! it rocks, that little boy is so cute! hehehe

i did try to take directing, acting into account, but most of the ratings are based on my personal preferences. that's why Billy Elliot got 8/10
Patch Adams is not four times as good as The Fellowship of the Ring, unless you using some crazy 'Idiot Men on screen' system.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:22   #11
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

i can't tell you how much i hate lord of the rings. they're awful
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:25   #12
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
i know this sounds sad but ive only ever seen the godfather on DVD and that was because i got it for christmas.

I dont get all the fuss about DVDs, i really dont.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:26   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You also rated Meaning of Life higher than Grail and Brian.

There are so many things wrong with that list.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:26   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Knight's Tale - 10/10!!!

I know it is actually **** but whenever it's on I have to watch, it's actually kind of neurotic ://

And From Hell I liked, maybe it was just Depp I liked. Maybe I'm gay?No!

The Italian Job - 7/10

Has a slooooooow start but speeds up.

Fight Club - 8/10

Good, subtle anarchistic undertones.

Pirates of the Carribean - 9/10

A decent pirate movie for a change. Isn't being a pirate everyone's dream job?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:27   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i can't tell you how much i hate lord of the rings. they're awful
Why?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:51   #16
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Monty Python films should clearly all have 10/10.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:53   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Any film with Gibson in gets -5 automatically.
Even all of the Lethal Weapon movies?

Then again Danny Glover rocks in all of them.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:05   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A list of all the **** films i've had the misfortune to watch this week

Serendipidy - 0/10
A Perfect Storm 0/10
Pearl Harbor 0/10
Signs 0/10
The Patriot 0/10

Vaio (I WILL get my hands on the f'kin remote !)

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:25   #19
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
The Usual Suspects 10/10
Zelig 10/10
A fish called Wanda 10/10
Mad Max 10/10
Mad Max2 10/10
Mad Max3 10/10
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:30   #20
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
you are unconsistend, incoherent voters
die you all

apocalypse now = 9
finito
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:55   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I can't help but thing that your Lord of the Rings rating is somewhat tarred by the "Deffeh Effect"*.

All the DVDs I own I would give high ratings, since I tend not to buy rubbish movies. But a brief sample :

It's a Wonderful Life = 9/10
Annie Hall = 9/10
Spaced Series 1 & 2 = 9/10
Crimes and Misdamenours = 9/10
Wild Things = 3/10 (I was a sad lonely teenager when I bought it)
Ransom = 6/10
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly = 8/10

* = Of exaggerating a negative opinion of a film/song/band on the basis of overly positive opinion of said item in your peer group/media.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:08   #22
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

It's a Wonderful Life = 9/10
What would a film have to be to get 10/10?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:24   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
What would a film have to be to get 10/10?
It would need to be this film :

The Struggle (Proletarian Productions)
(True Story)
Starring Dante Hicks and Kate Beckinsale, Keira Knightly & Rachel Weisz
Also Featuring Samuel L. Jackson, Viggo Mortensen
Directed by Steven Soderbergh
Screenplay by Dante Hicks

Projected Budget Range: $140-149 Million

Tagline : Sometimes, you've gotta pick a side!

Plot Outline
The true story of how a good looking South London kid (Dante Hicks) using nothing but his charisma, wit and intelligence fought his way from a Lambeth housing estate to lead the worlds first sucessful Marxist Libertarian revolution. In the process of doing this he also is pursued romantically by various hot chicks (Knightly, Beckinsale, Weisz, et al).
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 22:32   #24
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

About a Boy 8/10
American Beauty 8/10
American Pie 7/10
American Pie 2 6/10
A Few Good Men 8/10
Billy Elliot 6/10
Blade 7/10
Bone Collector 5/10
Braveheart 4/10
Bridget Jones’s Diary 8/10
Conspiracy Theory 4/10
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 5/10
Dirty Dancing 10/10
Final Destination 2/10
Good Will Hunting 8/10
Green Mile 7/10
Heat 9/10
Jerry Maguire 7/10
Lock Stock (etc.) 6/10
Matrix 8/10
Meet Joe Black 1/10
Meet the Parents 6/10
MIB 5/10
Minority Report 8/10
Monty Python – The Quest for the Holy Grail 8/10
Monsters Inc 7/10
Pelican Brief 4/10
Pretty Woman 3/10
Se7en 7/10
Shakespeare in Love 2/10
Shawshank Redemption 8/10
Sixth Sense 7/10
The Firm 9/10
The Mummy 2/10
Vanilla Sky 7/10

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:18   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It would need to be this film :

Plot Outline
The true story of how a good looking South London kid (Dante Hicks) using nothing but his charisma, wit and intelligence fought his way from a Lambeth housing estate to lead the worlds first sucessful Marxist Libertarian revolution. In the process of doing this he also is pursued romantically by various hot chicks (Knightly, Beckinsale, Weisz, et al).
Are Marxists allowed to be sexist ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:21   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio

Vaio
The last 4 letters are the same, so I'd say yes.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:28   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
We're allowed to find the opposite sex attractive, yeah.

Plus, we're allowed to be delusional - hell it's practically compulsary for most Trot sects.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:40   #28
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

So much for being oppressed victims of a capitalist system.

You Marxists are a sneaky lot

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:44   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
We're allowed to find the opposite sex attractive, yeah.

Plus, we're allowed to be delusional - hell it's practically compulsary for most Trot sects.
Sectsist.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:47   #30
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
He's just setting up the sequel[*], in which the hero is forced to betray the Revolution in order to satisfy his various sexual addictions.

*The Bourgeoise Strikes Back
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:52   #31
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Sectsist.
Mark Cyst.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:55   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
The Bourgeoise Strikes Back
We'll win in the third one then, but only because of the intervention of a bunch of muppets.

Of course, many independent contractors will be unnecessarily killed but we all know that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:58   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's oppression of the black man, or whatever the comic book guy said in Chasing Amy.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 13:48   #34
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Plus, we're allowed to be delusional
I'd say it was more of a pre-requisite for being a Marxist than a voluntary choice, although you'd probably flame me for that joke, and then Nod would come in and then it would be all seriousness and pipes and ten paces.