User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:38   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"The Last Samurai"

Is anyone even remotely tempted to go and see this film? I assume im not alone in thinking it looks like a bit of a travesty.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:41   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: "The Last Samurai"

I doubt i will go to see it. I'll probably aquire it at some point to see what its like though.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:45   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to see it on friday but only because one of my friends insists on it and i'm going home the next day so it's an awkward position to be in

*sigh*
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:54   #4
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

my friend wants to see it becuase he thinks tom cruise is cool generally, and looks cool in this film. but i think the film looks like it's going to be slow and boring with only the occasional mediocre battle scene dotted around a rubbish storyline.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 23:55   #5
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Tom Cruise Movies > *

Go on list a bad Tom Cruise movie.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:03   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't like Top Gun, Eyes Wide Shut or Days of Thunder.

I like a few of his other movies, but he's not been in anything that great either.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:04   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Tom Cruise Movies > *

Eyes Wide Shut

I haven't seen it but I haven't heard a good word said about it
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:06   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

eyes wide shut had kidman naked didnt it? that was ok, but the rest was complete garbage.

A few decent films, nothing special.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:09   #9
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I didn't like Top Gun, Eyes Wide Shut or Days of Thunder.

I like a few of his other movies, but he's not been in anything that great either.
2 classics and 1 Kubrick movie.

How could you....

GOOSE GOOOOOOSEEEE

I'm cole trickle! HE'S RUBBING ME HE'S RUBBING ME!

Nicole Kidman's tits

Nuff said.

****tail is the daddy btw.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:12   #10
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Tom Cruise Movies > *

I didn't enjoy Days of Thunder or Mission Impossible and I haven't seen Eyes Wide Shut although I've not heard anyone say it's good.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:15   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Days of Thunder is hilarious. It was meant to be on one level simple dead-beat car action for an american movie-goer base. On the other hand the script is rather witty when you think about it. It also ****s movie's liek Fast & The furious over a barrel hard.

Mission Impossible was really really good. Some people may not of enjoyed it but as a spectacle it was a great bond alternative and possibly one of the more successful transitions of tv series to movie platform.

Eyes wide shut was good, just not usualy stanley kubrick good. I'll say once again, plenty of titties.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Far and Away yet, though I'm going to justify it on the fact anyone american playing an irishman is worth seeing for the comedy factor and who doesn't like Enya?

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:21   #12
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I haven't seen Far and Away either. However I am intent on watching Days of Thunder again as I never realised it was supposed to be a comedy. Also no matter how many crap films Tom Cruise has made, The Firm still utterly rocks for the soundtrack alone.

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:21   #13
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Mission Impossible 2
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:22   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh yeah, Far & Away was shit. That accent, omg.

Top Gun is only a classic in terms of gayness (see Tarantino rant).

Days of Thunder was a big pile of shit, but then again, I don't like car movies.

I've downloaded a copy of The Last Samurai to answer the original question, and will probably watch it yes. Wouldn't pay money to though, not based on the trailers/hype/etc. I think some Americans here commented on it a while ago.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:24   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

IT wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

I said BAD movies. Like as in bad bad never show me this movie again. Most of us would sit through MI2. Most of us wouldn't sit through say a Billy Connoly movie.

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:25   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

Days of Thunder was a big pile of shit, but then again, I don't like car movies.
You seriously do not appreciate the quality action script.

"He's Rubbing me! He's Rubbing me!"

Will keep me in tears for days.

Cole Trickle is possibly the greatest name ever!

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:48   #17
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Quote:
Most of us wouldn't sit through say a Billy Connoly movie.
I enjoyed Mrs Brown AND the Muppets one he was in :p

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 00:51   #18
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I enjoyed Mrs Brown AND the Muppets one he was in
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

My point (Also I said most.)

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:01   #19
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

hm i still have this card for 5 movies...although i didn't like the preview of the 'last samurai' (tom cruise isn't even japanese ffs) i'll probably go and see it. also because there aren't many other movies i defenitely want to see...
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:24   #20
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

ive watched it a while ago (in relativly poor quality). it wasnt all that bad. ill probably watch it in cinema again.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:28   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I enjoyed Mrs Brown AND the Muppets one he was in
yes no the man who sued god he loses 2-1 kthxbye
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:50   #22
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Tom Cruise Movies > *

Vanilla Sky.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 01:51   #23
Evergreen
the merciless

Vanilla Sky was classic!

Tom Cruise got to do what half the population wants, Smother Cameron Diaz to death under a pillow*.

* Cause dead hot chicks resist less

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 05:52   #24
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Vanilla sky is great.
And the first that comes up with the pedantic pseudo intelectual response "the original was better" gets a kick in the groin.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 08:31   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
tom cruise isn't even japanese ffs
I take it you don't know what it's based on you simpleton.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 08:51   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I actually really like the look of the Last Sumarai, I'm going to see it.

Eyes Wide Shut was ****ing shite.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:04   #27
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Tom Cruise Movies > *

Minority Report
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:07   #28
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

MrL going to kick your ass now Idler

P.S The one where he is quite young and his parents go away or something and he has the house to himself and throws a party and some bad guy gets involved. In the film he studies economics or something and at one point he has/steals a really amazing car.

Also I did not like Rain Man but I expect Evergreen will come up with a reason why I am wrong and he is right.
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:13   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Minority Report
That's not a 'bad' film duder.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:18   #30
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It is in my opinion, not very great.

Have you seen the poisoners handbook 'btw'?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:19   #31
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I am thinking of checking it.
Yes, as in paying for seeing it. Now tell me how retarded I am for that.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:21   #32
Spike

MI2 was typical John Woo crap. Minority Report was garbage, and apart from Cameron Diaz being n0rty, Vanilla Sky was one of the worst I've ever seen.

And WTF is Cruise doing as a samurai? Jackie Chan maybe, Tom Cruise no.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:24   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
MI2 was typical John Woo crap. Minority Report was garbage, and apart from Cameron Diaz being n0rty, Vanilla Sky was one of the worst I've ever seen.

And WTF is Cruise doing as a samurai? Jackie Chan maybe, Tom Cruise no.
MR was a decent adaptation of a pretty good Phillip K Dick short story.

Vanilla Sky was great; it was as if Jerry Maguire had been made by Terry Gilliam.

And you're another person who doesn't know ABOUT THE SODDING STORY THAT IT'S BASED ON (TLS that is)
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:30   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Jackie Chan is a BAD actor mkay?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:31   #35
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
MR was a decent adaptation of a pretty good Phillip K Dick short story.

Vanilla Sky was great; it was as if Jerry Maguire had been made by Terry Gilliam.

And you're another person who doesn't know ABOUT THE SODDING STORY THAT IT'S BASED ON (TLS that is)

MR was the decent beer that you spill when it's half full. It's not bad until it spills, after which is ruined.

I could write an entire thread on how Vanilla Sky was worse than Revolutions.

And you don't go to see a movie called The Last Samurai to bother with the story. You go to see Jet Li or Sheet Kicka or Takeshi's Castle chop people's heads off with a katana. Think Kill Bill set entirely in medieval Japan (then the plot could at least be coherent)
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:32   #36
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Tom Cruise is a crap martial artist and stuntman.

So?
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:33   #37
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Jackie has charisma.

I love Jackie
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:33   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I could write an entire thread on how Vanilla Sky was worse than Revolutions.
Not with that soundtrack it couldn't be.

Quote:
And you don't go to see a movie called The Last Samurai to bother with the story. You go to see Jet Li or Sheet Kicka or Takeshi's Castle chop people's heads off with a katana. Think Kill Bill set entirely in medieval Japan (then the plot could at least be coherent)
I went to see Terminator 3. I expected philosophical discussion on the nature of truth and beauty
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:36   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Tom Cruise is a crap martial artist and stuntman.

So?
He's a pretty good stuntman duder.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:36   #40
Spike

Quote:
Not with that soundtrack it couldn't be.

I went to see Terminator 3. I expected philosophical discussion on the nature of truth and beauty

Let me punch your avatar and you can win
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:41   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Let me punch your avatar and you can win
Do what you like; it's your monitor duder.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:42   #42
Spike

Quote:
Do what you like; it's your monitor duder.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:43   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
I think punching it would do that rather effectively.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:46   #44
Spike

Quote:
I think punching it would do that rather effectively.

I have a flatscreen. It just spins around.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:47   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I have a flatscreen. It just spins around.
Try harder.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 11:49   #46
Spike

Quote:
Try harder.

That hurt
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 12:09   #47
Work_ScreenWipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
my friend wants to see it becuase he thinks tom cruise is SEXY generally, and looks SEXY in this film.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:51   #48
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

go and watch that movie, not because of tom cruise, but because it clearly rocks.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:59   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll go and see it because it's better than attending pointless gay lectures
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 02:02   #50
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No I won't be seeing it. Instead I'll be pouring hot tar on my genitals and pokinyou see my heart's just not in coming up with sarky remarks any more. I'll go if someone says 'Hey do you want to go see The Last Samurai?' but seeing as the only person who's likely to ask me that is someone I intend never being alone with again I think I'll not.