User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Dec 2006, 17:40   #301
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: NewDawn's Official Proposal to Furious Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
All i know is my hostile count from TGV certainly has expanded when a certain galmate didnt get roided
Gee, wonder why that happend..
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 17:40   #302
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
All i know is my hostile count from TGV certainly has expanded when a certain galmate didnt get roided
I deeply appreciate your defence.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 17:45   #303
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

As I told JBG last night when talking to him about the recent increase in incs from a certain galaxy towards TGV, TGV approached ND about hitting a few targets in this said galaxy, so it was infact TGV initiating the saturday "suprise" on said galaxy.

ND garbled up all on their own, after me asking BA if they wanted to hit the eXi targets in that gal, in wich BA said yes, Cura got handed the "assignment" and since he didnt talk to BA (I dont think NewDawn's HC ever communicate) he set up a few more targets on said galaxy. No wonder we didnt get as much roids as I had hoped from the raid
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:04   #304
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Wasnt a suprise dear. One of your cathaar guys was prelaunched on me from 9pm.

And the less said about dear cura the better, although i think we got our roids back. TGV are rather fat though!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:10   #305
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
As I told JBG last night when talking to him about the recent increase in incs from a certain galaxy towards TGV, TGV approached ND about hitting a few targets in this said galaxy, so it was infact TGV initiating the saturday "suprise" on said galaxy.
Oh yeah, we were so surprised when we got incoming when we had 30k roids. Shocked into a stunned silence. I'm glad we dropped the roids though, they were keeping fleet at home and keeping people from spending stacks.

It was a very good raid from TGV's side. The fact that EXilition and ND were hitting us didn't make it easier on us, but the bulk of the attack was TGV and TGV was easily the best and most effective attacker. ND tried three waves on our fattest planet and didn't get through, while TGV (et al?) landed four waves on me for almost 2k roids. Obviously ND had a motive, but they were really stupid to think that we wouldn't abandon 1-2k roid planets to defend #8*. Basic roid economics tells us to.

To be honest, I think you should be happy with the result. As far as I could tell there were no big mistakes, no one landed onto the wrong defense and you came away with a lot of roids and XP. Congratulations

* Not, btw, because he's EXilition, but because he's a good friend whose presence in the galaxy helps us loads.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:13   #306
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

ND garbled up all on their own, after me asking BA if they wanted to hit the eXi targets in that gal, in wich BA said yes, Cura got handed the "assignment" and since he didnt talk to BA (I dont think NewDawn's HC ever communicate) he set up a few more targets on said galaxy. No wonder we didnt get as much roids as I had hoped from the raid
1. I set up that raid without any assignment from ND HC
2. I'm cool like that
3. I refuse speaking to BA because he confuses me with his language
4. I think felagund is BA's twin brother
5. I'm not a HC
6. I'm too cool for that
7. I love my new roidcount
8. I love hypocritism
9. I love my new ego
10. I'm feeling important lately
11. I love Barrow
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:20   #307
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Wasnt a suprise dear. One of your cathaar guys was prelaunched on me from 9pm.
I fail to see how this could be possible since we hadnt created the raid till 22pm
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:29   #308
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(I dont think NewDawn's HC ever communicate)

You're quite correct. We use an ancient dialect of American Sign Language that really doesn't translate well over the internet. dang!
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:29   #309
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
1. I set up that raid without any assignment from ND HC
2. I'm cool like that
3. I refuse speaking to BA because he confuses me with his language
4. I think felagund is BA's twin brother
5. I'm not a HC
6. I'm too cool for that
7. I love my new roidcount
8. I love hypocritism
9. I love my new ego
10. I'm feeling important lately
11. I love Barrow
i demand you call a truce on your hostility towards us good sir
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:30   #310
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
You're quite correct. We use an ancient dialect of American Sign Language that really doesn't translate well over the internet. dang!
I swear it looked like a good idea at first :/
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:32   #311
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I fail to see how this could be possible since we hadnt created the raid till 22pm
Well obviously one of your guys who hit me, didnt book and should therefore be punished
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 18:38   #312
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Well obviously one of your guys who hit me, didnt book and should therefore be punished
Did he land?
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:42   #313
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
I deeply appreciate your defence.
That can all be repaid by donating me your huge stack of res. Thanks

Quote:
the saturday "suprise" on said galaxy.
Dude, it was saturday night why did you even have more than 10 fleets going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
he's a good friend whose presence in the galaxy helps us loads.
Threatening to rape my mother with a broomstick if I don't send him def really helps me loads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I disagree with the sentence in bold. It doesn't protect members, it just focuses fire on those who don't have planetnaps. Which really means that the people fighting your enemy grows smaller in size as they get more incoming and loses more roids and value. This is ineffectual, and it doesn't really matter if you are planetnapped to a neutral alliance or a hostile one - the rest of the alliance gets your incoming anyway.
I don't think he's referring to wartime, he means that having a pnap with an alliance that you aren't at war with can help because you will have more free fleets to def with and to attack with.

Last edited by _Kila_; 4 Dec 2006 at 19:49.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 19:57   #314
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I don't think he's referring to wartime, he means that having a pnap with an alliance that you aren't at war with can help because you will have more free fleets to def with and to attack with.
And I think you ignored or failed to grasp what I said. Unless you planetnap your entire alliance (It was jokingly suggested in FO HC that we made all our members apply for a ND planetnap so we got our hands free to fight eXi), you will just shift the fire from one planet to another. You will get these incomings anyway, and don't give me tosh about it potentially saving roids somewhere because a bigger planet will not get incomings, because if he didn't have a planetnap, he might not be so big after all. Not to mention that it generally takes more fleets to get through on a huge planet than a small one, which again creates a wider gap between the lowest scoring members of your alliance and the highest scoring members.

If we treat so called random incomings like just that - random, it means that if one player is planetnapped to whatever alliance, you might decrease your amount of total incomings by 1/alliance_membercount*some_amount_of_ticks if you are lucky, but chances are you just shift fire away from the people who have planetnaps. And the guys who do not take planetnaps, generally do not deserve this extra incoming.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:42   #315
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

If its a random inc, the chances are they won't hit another planet from your ally. For example, lets say 3 members of FO have planet naps with xVx. The two alliances aren't at war. There are 500 potential targets in the universe for this xVx planet. With no FO players planet NAPed, there is an 80/500 chance of hitting FO, now if there are 2 people planet NAPed, there is a 78/498 chance, its not directly shifting incoming onto your alliancemates, its shifting incomings off you and onto others, the chance of whom being your alliancemates isn't huge.

I'm not actually agreeing with rain here btw, just pointing out his side of the argument.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:46   #316
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
You will get these incomings anyway
Not really, you get those incomings on some other planet(s) only on war times. Out of war, there´s no planet targeting only gal raids.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 20:58   #317
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain
Not really, you get those incomings on some other planet(s) only on war times. Out of war, there´s no planet targeting only gal raids.
Yes, and obviously those galaxies containing alliance members with pnaps will be less likely chosen due to having less possible roids to gain there - thus increasing the likeliness of another galaxy getting those incomings.

Even if you pick such galaxies - the planet with the pnap is likely to screw his galaxy over in such a situation, just like he'd likely screw his alliance over in war times.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 21:15   #318
rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Yes, and obviously those galaxies containing alliance members with pnaps will be less likely chosen due to having less possible roids to gain there - thus increasing the likeliness of another galaxy getting those incomings.
Oh noes. Let me try to translate: Fat is bad?

Quote:
those galaxies containing alliance members with pnaps will be less likely chosen due to having less possible roids to gain there.
your gal isn't targeted thanks to your pnap
Quote:
Even if you pick such galaxies - the planet with the pnap is likely to screw his galaxy over in such a situation, just like he'd likely screw his alliance over in war times.
you're screwing your gal

So, which one is it?

Last edited by rain; 4 Dec 2006 at 21:43.
rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 21:35   #319
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Oh noes. Let me try to translate: Fat is bad?
How do you come up with such a shit translation from english into english? Read again. The recent posts by qebap, jester and me merely point out fractions on the up- and downsides of planet naps.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 22:00   #320
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So exi never had PNAPers in tag? Ahahaha, good one.
PS: Being part of #1 ally or even being HC of #1 ally doesnt make you a better person, nor does it mean you´re always right.
They aren't so bad if you either a) get rid of them or b) make sure they waste the other alliances' time not yours.
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 22:10   #321
rain

Quote:
How do you come up with such a shit translation from english into english? Read again. The recent posts by qebap, jester and me merely point out fractions on the up- and downsides of planet naps.
right
my bad
the fatter you are, the less posible chances for your gal to be picked as target
i hope i get it right this time
fat is good after all
Unread 4 Dec 2006, 22:20   #322
Heartless

Quote:
right
my bad
the fatter you are, the less posible chances for your gal to be picked as target
i hope i get it right this time
No you haven't. Try again. I am a very patient person.

Quote:
fat is good after all
If you mean a physically fat human being, then I am afraid to tell you that most doctors consider fat as not good after all.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 00:54   #323
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

seems like you guys have missed the fact that pnaps works both ways and therefor is bad for any ally with members who have pnaps with hostile allies

kinda eod on that one

but as asc is a bunch of fenceraiders working as a bg for exi then it suits them i think the concept can be hard to get
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 01:22   #324
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
but as asc is a bunch of fenceraiders working as a bg for exi then it suits them i think the concept can be hard to get
It was either that or declare war on insurrection.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 08:07   #325
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
seems like you guys have missed the fact that pnaps works both ways and therefor is bad for any ally with members who have pnaps with hostile allies

kinda eod on that one

what are fenceraider? people who attack those who are on fencing? if so, then maybe you're not so far from the truth (on that part anyway, definitely not on the bg part lolo)
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 09:35   #326
Heartless

Quote:
Wait, wait ... we're a bg? Dude, I thought tags indicate alliances. We were more like a ... POWAH BLOCK!!!!11111 OMGODZILLA!!!!111

Where is the problem of asking people for targets though? :crymeariver:
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 10:04   #327
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Wait, wait ... we're a bg? Dude, I thought tags indicate alliances. We were more like a ... POWAH BLOCK!!!!11111 OMGODZILLA!!!!111

Where is the problem of asking people for targets though? :crymeariver:
cos you guys act as parasites on in this case exi so they can cover targets better etc

owell some guys might find it leet with your pnaping skills, i dont
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 10:39   #328
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
cos you guys act as parasites on in this case exi so they can cover targets better etc

You're just jealous because you got rejected when you asked to join Ascendancy!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 11:02   #329
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
You're just jealous because you got rejected when you asked to join Ascendancy!
Given our recent recruits our standards are slipping
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 11:09   #330
Heartless

Quote:

Well it was easiest to get decent targets from eXilition, so I guess there are two sides of the medal. Yes, some of us did somewhat help them when they asked eX for targets, however, in return that also means that there were hardly any alliances which had decent targets to offer. Think about it.

Additionally, pnaps are quite useful at times. Since Ascendancy is an alliance consisting of members that only have agreed to not be shit to each other there's hardly any problem if some have planet naps with alliances. I do, however, guess that our behaviour is incomprehensible for mislead people like you, just because we're trying to break with almost all well-known and traditional alliance rules.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 11:53   #331
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The thing with ascendancy is that we play for fun, we choose our own targets, no matter what alliance, we do whatever we want on the gal forums, we are online when we want, and we defend when we want.

Except JBG, he'll organise defense so long as you agree to losing a percentage of your fleet and give him the brep.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:34   #332
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

if last time you checked ascendancy was an alliance and not a BG, then why dont you do your own raids?

BG's take part in alliance raids, and work together with certain alliance in order to maximise roid-profit. Alliances have their own agendas set up their own attacks, , their OWN RAIDS.......now pls tell me again, what is ascendancy?

my personal oppinion is that atm asc is a joke(r) alliance. not that it didnt have the potential, but it doesnt have the will/interest. so i think it would be best to stop beating about the bush, and show things as they are (yes, we attack/FC with exi, and that kinda makes us exi BG/exi flak), its not like you care what everybody thinks! then again, why should you, given your obvious net superiority over all other players
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:45   #333
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
if last time you checked ascendancy was an alliance and not a BG, then why dont you do your own raids?

BG's take part in alliance raids, and work together with certain alliance in order to maximise roid-profit. Alliances have their own agendas set up their own attacks, , their OWN RAIDS.......now pls tell me again, what is ascendancy?

my personal oppinion is that atm asc is a joke(r) alliance. not that it didnt have the potential, but it doesnt have the will/interest. so i think it would be best to stop beating about the bush, and show things as they are (yes, we attack/FC with exi, and that kinda makes us exi BG/exi flak), its not like you care what everybody thinks! then again, why should you, given your obvious net superiority over all other players
Get a clue voodoo, seriously, get a ****ing clue about what Ascendancy is.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:49   #334
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want ascendancy to do our own raids can you organise them for us please?
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:51   #335
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If you want ascendancy to do our own raids can you organise them for us please?
TP 22:30 your place?
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:52   #336
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because we're too ****ing lazy is the most obvious answer.

Why do our own raids when eXi will give out a couple of targets to us? You know it'll be a well-run raid with plenty of targets covered. You get all the advantages as a planet (without having to run the raid), and eXi gets more targets covered.

We aren't planet-napped as an alliance to eXi (in fact only yesterday I roided FeNiX). If another alliance came forward with a few targets to Ascendancy then you'd more than likely find a few of our members taking them. It's just eXi often get there first.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:56   #337
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Because we're too ****ing lazy is the most obvious answer.

Why do our own raids when eXi will give out a couple of targets to us? You know it'll be a well-run raid with plenty of targets covered. You get all the advantages as a planet (without having to run the raid), and eXi gets more targets covered.

We aren't planet-napped as an alliance to eXi (in fact only yesterday I roided FeNiX). If another alliance came forward with a few targets to Ascendancy then you'd more than likely find a few of our members taking them. It's just eXi often get there first.
so you guys crossfarm eathothers for xp then? it has nothing to do with lazyness you guys are covards that are good at asslicking
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:59   #338
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
so you guys crossfarm eathothers for xp then? it has nothing to do with lazyness you guys are covards that are good at asslicking
oohhh the bitterness!
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:02   #339
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Terrified, mortified, petrified, stupefied by you.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:06   #340
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
God you are DUMB.

Ascendancy is not an alliance in the traditional sense of an alliance. Just because some members choose to get targets with eXilition does not mean Ascendancy is allied, merged, NAPed, or having sexual relations with them.

We're a bunch of decent players (except for jer he's shit) who offer each other targets and defence if needed. There's no need for hierarchies or secrets. All intel is shared between everyone via Munin and added to by everyone.

Just because you guys are stuck in the Dark Ages with your rigid hierarchies and powerplay for "who gets more access on the alliance forums" doesn't mean that's the best way for an alliance to function. It was great in the old days with 100+ members, but now it's just needless bureaucracy and actually hinders the fluidity of an alliance.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:06   #341
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

if you ppl are as good as you say you are (i already said u got potential) then turn that joke into a fact. and compete for a real round. where you FIGHT for the win. untill then, ascendancy will be a one-hit-wonder, living off it's single past success, currently playing as exi flak (as stated above : flak=coordinating attacks/fc's with them instead of having own agenda)

"some" members chose to get targets with exi? most of asc high-ranked planets do it, and the others dont count, as fleetsize is too small to make a difference.

and stoom, where is the frigging love? its AD, dont take it personal.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:10   #342
Tomkat

Quote:
if you ppl are as good as you say you are (i already said u got potential) then turn that joke into a fact. and compete for a real round. where you FIGHT for the win. untill then, ascendancy will be a one-hit-wonder, living off it's single past success, currently playing as exi flak (as stated above : flak=coordinating attacks/fc's with them instead of having own agenda)
Yeah I guess your high class baiting would work if we cared enough
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:12   #343
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Quite frankly most of us don't really want to put in that much effort. We try and think of ways of doing well without putting in that much time. We certainly are a one-hit wonder, if that, but to call ascendancy exi-flak is missing the point. Ascendancy doesn't have a political position vis-a-vis any alliance.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:24   #344
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Ascendancy doesn't have a political position vis-a-vis any alliance.
well doesnt matter then you have it on player/hc level and you guys say you dont want put that much effort in the game but yet you hang on forums 24/7

nobos
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:27   #345
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
well doesnt matter then you have it on player/hc level and you guys say you dont want put that much effort in the game but yet you hang on forums 24/7

nobos
He's a mod, several others in there were prominent forums members even before ascendancy existed
What do you expect?
Theres also a difference between putting effort into playing a game, and hanging around on a message board
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:30   #346
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

"some" members chose to get targets with exi? most of asc high-ranked planets do it, and the others dont count, as fleetsize is too small to make a difference.
Perhaps our agenda is so complex that mere mortals cannot possibly comprehend it, its multifarious tendrils reaching into every dark corner of the Planetarion political sphere!

I was going to write an insulting post, calling you an idiot. But someone else already did that, and if I posted every time I thought someone said something idiotic then I would be posting all day. So, for some variety, I will try to address your argument seriously.

Yes, Ascendancy do not run raids. Raids would require officers, and we don't have any of those. We do sometimes attack together, and sometimes we attack solo (this is a lot easier than most people think; it is not necessary to cover a whole galaxy to get roids).

Some people, some of the time join attacks with people from other alliances. Most of us have been around for years and have friends in various other alliances. Some of these are in eXilition. As an alliance, we neither condone or condemn members choosing to participate in attacks with people from outside of the alliance - members are free to do what they want, so long as they don't do anything shit. We try to avoid doing the same thing twice though, so next round we might do something completely different.

We find people in strictly-run alliances to be really funny. People who take planet NAPs seriously, people who lose hours of sleep each night running defence, people who get upset over losing a few ticks of roids - these people are incredibly amusing to us. We don't get upset about any of those things, and we can't understand why other people do (the standard theory is that everyone who isn't Asc must be really dumb, but even I have to admit that this is probably a tiny bit arrogant).

Your assertion that participating in a few attacks with eXilition amounts to some kind of political act is the kind of thing that we find very funny, because it shows that you are 'one of them', one of the people who thinks that there is only one way to play PA, the way that involves strict politics, people doing what they are told and behaving predictably. We like unpredictability and freedom, and we laugh at those people who need to be told what to do by their alliances.

This, in short, is why we disagree with you.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:38   #347
voodoo
a pain

that was short?

and i just read up. i didnt see anyboy calling me an idiot. so ud be the first one to do it. be my guest.
the reason why u felt u should address my post seriously was because it was a semi-serious post. ADMIT IT! :P
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:40   #348
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Some of us do, some of us don't. And yes, most of us use the forums, personally I enjoy using them. I don't really enjoy dcing for an 80 man alliance in a war situation from 2-7am every night for 2 months.

Quote:
nobos
Don't be so insulting. It's impolite and is not conducive to more interesting discussions.
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:47   #349
jerome

i wish we did planet nap more then maybe half our planets wouldn't have places in the top 100 total lost roids
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 13:51   #350
voodoo
a pain

Quote:
I was going to write an insulting post, calling you an idiot.
Quote:
Don't be so insulting. It's impolite and is not conducive to more interesting discussions.
on a sidenote, ive mastered the quote thingy. its clearly a bad omen