User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 3 Dec 2006, 04:00   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Bug in the self-exile formula?

Either the manual is wrong or there is a bug in the self-exile formula code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manual
(value/ 10)*(times self exiled+1)^1.5
(From this page in the manual.)

But the self-exile counter appears to start at 1 rather than 0, giving a first time cost of:

(value/10)*2^1.5

So is the manual or the game wrong?
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 04:03   #2
[SH]Valle
Flying Hamster

[SH]Valle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bug in the self-exile formula?

from own facts:

*value: 959,751

Yes, I am 100% sure that I wish to leave this galaxy. I understand that it will cost me 271458 crystal, 271458 metal and 271458 eonium which will be donated directly to the galaxy fund of X:Y* over which I will have no control.

0 exiles. you PAteam are wrong. unusal? id like to think otherwise.

*removed all the instances of co-ords etc so it's slightly less obvious who Valle is.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 3 Dec 2006 at 17:56.
[SH]Valle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 10:49   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, it seems that it reckons that there is an extra exile that shouldnt be there. As if that's the case, then the maths works out;

Using Valle's planet as an example:
(959751/10)*(2^1.5) = 271k.

So, unless the whole tick 36 shuffle thing counts as an exile, i'm not exactly sure why it would think that you've already exiled when you hadnt. It showing 0 exiles is interesting as well; unless its 0 selfexiles but still 1 exile (through shuffle).

What would be interesting is finding out whether someone who started after tick 36 encounters the same problem, because if not, we've just found the problem .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:05   #4
[SH]Valle
Flying Hamster

it is one exile thru the galaxay disbanding, but still no self-exile.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:51   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Either the manual is wrong or there is a bug in the self-exile formula code.

(From this page in the manual.)

But the self-exile counter appears to start at 1 rather than 0, giving a first time cost of:

(value/10)*2^1.5

So is the manual or the game wrong?
Where exactly are you getting this from? Looking at, for example, your planet, it's accurately counted the number of self exiles that you have done, and the formulae in the preferences page match those in the manual.
==============================
Valle, I don't understand - you're logged as self exiling once. You self exiled from a galaxy 14 hours before it disbanded, but that's it? So that'd be your self exile, if you said you haven't self exiled.
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 17:53   #6
[SH]Valle
Flying Hamster

öh right, i did
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 18:09   #7
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Valle, I don't understand - you're logged as self exiling once. You self exiled from a galaxy 14 hours before it disbanded, but that's it? So that'd be your self exile, if you said you haven't self exiled.
Ah, that's our bug right there, Valle's ability to recall whether or not he had exiled. I was helping him calculate how many exiles he could afford and our numbers didn't match up. Thank you kindly.