User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Aug 2006, 01:19   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Thanks for the alliancefund and ingame scanners!

I dont do this often, but I honestly have to say that the alliancefund and the ingame scanner possibility really have made a scanners life alot easier, he can now use alot of his own resources on ships and enjoy the round alot more than before.

This was a good implement, and now if you only can page the alliance fund log etc now it will be perfect.

Anyone else got suggestions on how to do the system even better?
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 16:50   #2
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice
Re: Thanks for the alliancefund and ingame scanners!

I totally agree, that was one of the bether changes we have seen!
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 23:47   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Blame Appoco.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 23:51   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Blame Appoco.
that would be "Thank appoco", not blame.
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 23:55   #5
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
that would be "Thank appoco", not blame.
Sorry..habit

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 23:54   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well, I had another thread asking for suggestions on improvements to the system. I'm not 100% happy with the setup of either, though they both obviously work, as does the tax system. The limit on donations can be bad, and the "min resource level" could do with some tweaking (we really need a box to set if you want to take resources out of the fund or not but when I tried to add one it broke the page, so back to the drawing board!)

The alliance tax system could be slightly simpler. Hopefully, if I have time, Round 20 will see me adding something else [not 100% sure what yet] to the alliance system. Partly it probably depends on what I learn on my MSc course :P
Unread 28 Aug 2006, 23:57   #7
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

be nice if prehaps there was a page on alliance scans to see every scan, so it could be copy/pasted to be parased! (by alliances who store thier scans or even for attacks where they want to copy the last 20 scans to paraser) Just make it far easier than copy-pasting them all!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:17   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The only other issue is database considerations. I know that it's nice to store everything, but I also know that some HCs are complaining about how longgggggggg it's taking to load certain log pages.

The thread is here btw: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191682
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 12:29   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Why not paginate the data, and provide a downloadable csv file for those who wish to parse it.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote